Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Gender Dysphoria - GREAT article.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Anyway, back on topic, I am indeed surprised that there is no surgical equivalent of the FDA for surgery.  There are of course SOPs for surgeries in general to make them safe, and I'm sure all surgeries follow those procedures.  Your link makes a case that the lack of oversight is a bad thing, so if your defense is that we should continue doing a bad thing for gender surgeries, congrats I guess.  Similarly for off-label drugs, using them poorly may be legal but it doesn't make it right.

The type of oversight matters. My point is that instead of politicians overreacting to hot-button healthcare issues… we should look towards agencies like the FDA, with panels of doctors and scientists instead of politicians. That COULD (not saying it definitely would) address both the transgender medicine concerns AND many other medical concerns.

To rebut my own argument, we don’t have any agency that approves surgeries, but I seldom hear of surgical procedures that do great harm to people. So perhaps the surgeons are doing an OK job of policing themselves. Even the example I saw of an ineffective knee surgery being done for years… didn’t seem to harm the patients, although they wasted lots of money on nothing.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

My point is that instead of politicians overreacting to hot-button healthcare issues… we should look towards agencies like the FDA, with panels of doctors and scientists instead of politicians. That COULD (not saying it definitely would) address both the transgender medicine concerns AND many other medical concerns.

Slow your roll. We can't even take care of our elderly, poor or Veterans. Who gives a shizz about a bunch of gays who don't know what the hell they are? 

• Like 1

Just now, League Champion said:

Slow your roll. We can't even take care of our elderly, poor or Veterans. Who gives a shizz about a bunch of gays who don't know what the hell they are? 

Hey look we agree. I don’t think politicians should be passing all sorts of laws banning care for transgender people. Leave them alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Hey look we agree. I don’t think politicians should be passing all sorts of laws banning care for transgender people. Leave them alone.

We might agree if what they're doing is actually "care", but all it really is mad scientist experimentation on the rush to claim as many virtues as possible.

The road to hell is paved with those who thought they were virtuous.

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

We might agree if what they're doing is actually "care", but all it really is experimentation on the rush to claim as many virtues as possible.

The road to hell is paved with those who thought they were virtuous.

They’re not your kids. Shouldn’t their parents and doctors be responsible for their care? Why are you even worried about it? 

From my perspective, I see it like this: I don’t think people should get tattoos or tongue or nipple rings, but I don’t try to pass laws preventing them from doing so.

Just now, dogcows said:

They’re not your kids. Shouldn’t their parents and doctors be responsible for their care? Why are you even worried about it? 

From my perspective, I see it like this: I don’t think people should get tattoos or tongue or nipple rings, but I don’t try to pass laws preventing them from doing so.

The same reason we as people are worried about children being kidnapped, killed and tortured - they don't have to be OUR kids.  We're fighting for all kids from this horrific abuse masquerading as "virtue".

And yes, cutting a child's peemus off and a girls breasts is the exact same thing as getting a tattoo or nipple wring.  :doh:

Are you serious here?  You minimize the atrocity going on so you can justify your position.  The German people did the same thing with the Nazis.  "Nah, they ain't so bad.  They're fighting for us!!"

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

The same reason we as people are worried about children being kidnapped, killed and tortured - they don't have to be OUR kids.  We're fighting for all kids from this horrific abuse masquerading as "virtue".

And yes, cutting a child's peemus off and a girls breasts is the exact same thing as getting a tattoo or nipple wring.  :doh:

Are you serious here?  You minimize the atrocity going on so you can justify your position.  The German people did the same thing with the Nazis.  "Nah, they ain't so bad.  They're fighting for us!!"

You seem to think you are more qualified to make medical decisions for somebody else’s kids than their parents. Or is it even worse? You think red state governments should make the decision for them. Maybe you are a closet Russian?

I promise you, a parent going through this type of issue with their kid doesn’t give a Fock what you or the government thinks. They want what’s best for their kid. Inserting the knee-jerk reactions of ideological lawmakers into the process is a huge mistake. Doesn’t the right like to spout about “parents’ rights” all the time? What happened to that?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You seem to think you are more qualified to make medical decisions for somebody else’s kids than their parents. Or is it even worse? You think red state governments should make the decision for them. Maybe you are a closet Russian?

I promise you, a parent going through this type of issue with their kid doesn’t give a Fock what you or the government thinks. They want what’s best for their kid. Inserting the knee-jerk reactions of ideological lawmakers into the process is a huge mistake. Doesn’t the right like to spout about “parents’ rights” all the time? What happened to that?

I think that parents are being guided to not question or challenge their child's feelings, and I think that is a big mistake.  My objective is to get parents information -- remember, the good and the bad that we talked about? -- including going through exhaustive counseling to identify other mental health issues and determine the rare, true cases of gender dysphoria.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dogcows said:

what @jerryskids said above.

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think that parents are being guided to not question or challenge their child's feelings, and I think that is a big mistake.  My objective is to get parents information -- remember, the good and the bad that we talked about? -- including going through exhaustive counseling to identify other mental health issues and determine the rare, true cases of gender dysphoria.  :cheers: 

Yes, let’s get all the info out there, so parents and doctors can make informed decisions. 👍🏼

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Yes, let’s get all the info out there, so parents and doctors can make informed decisions. 👍🏼

Fock off. It's the parent's fault the kids are so focked up. Just like biden's drug addled kids.

Do they have any data on rate that children fall under the lbqtq banner with lbgtq parents vs straight non letter parents? 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Do they have any data on rate that children fall under the lbqtq banner with lbgtq parents vs straight non letter parents? 

Yes, 100% of them are F'd up. 

11 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Fock off. It's the parent's fault the kids are so focked up. Just like biden's drug addled kids.

In the end, the decision of what to do with kids needs to rest with parents, unless you want it to rest with either the kids themselves or the state.  So part of the solution is getting them accurate information.  Other parts include severely limiting medical interventions (i.e., the options available to those parents) except in the most extreme of cases, and significantly reducing the social positives our youth culture places on declaring yourself trans.

27 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Remember when little Girls were just Tomboys? Now it's OFF WITH YOUR GENITALS! 

Technically, they ADD to little girls genitals, they really don't cut anything OFF down there. 

12 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Technically, they ADD to little girls genitals, they really don't cut anything OFF down there. 

What do they add? :shocking: Yikes.

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

What do they add? :shocking: Yikes.

A peenus. 

Not sure how they do it exactly, but they turn the innie into an outtie some how. 

5 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

A peenus. 

Not sure how they do it exactly, but they turn the innie into an outtie some how. 

What's the joy, or even the desire, to having a peemus and not feeling the attention given to it by some love interest female?

And the obvious vice versa. 

Perplexing...

On 7/18/2023 at 7:45 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It would be interesting to see the results if you asked everyone who recently got a tattoo if they had a difficult time deciding between that and cutting off their genitals. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

It would be interesting to see the results if you asked everyone who recently got a tattoo if they had a difficult time deciding between that and cutting off their genitals. 

Tattoos are a form of mental disorder as well. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

It depends what they depict. 

I bet more than 1/2, probably closer to 75% of the people that got tattoos before they were 18 regret them later in life.  Especially the people that did it themselves with an ink pen and lighter. 

Not quite the same as lopping your cack or teets off before turning 18, but it's similar in regret. 

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I bet more than 1/2, probably closer to 75% of the people that got tattoos before they were 21 regret them later in life.  Especially the people that did it themselves with an ink pen and lighter. 

Not quite the same as lopping your cack or teets off, but it's similar in regret. 

I have 2 tattoos. One is my CIB which 90% of the jobbers in here have no idea what it is and the other is my Ranger badge that I got just after Ranger school. 

That's it 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I have 2 tattoos. One is my CIB which 90% of the jobbers in here have no idea what it is and the other is my Ranger badge that I got just after Ranger school. 

That's it 

I have none. I was cool all on my own. 

21 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

They want to be a victim soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad.  :lol:

Libs LOVE playing victim. That's all they know. 

22 hours ago, edjr said:

I have none. I was cool all on my own. 

None as well. Almost got one a couple times while at LeJeune and then again at 29 Palms and Pendleton.  Each time the idea of picking something that would be lasting seemed impossible.

A friend of mine got a city skyline on his arm....well they tore down some buildings and built others, so now no one could ever know what city  😄