Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Gender Dysphoria - GREAT article.

Most gender-confused children grow out of it, landmark 15-year study concludes - as critics say it shows being trans is usually just a phase for kids

The majority of gender-confused children grow out of that feeling by the time they are fully grown adults, according to a long-term study.

Researchers in the Netherlands tracked more than 2,700 children from age 11 to their mid-twenties, asking them every three years of feelings about their gender.

Results showed at the start of the research, around one-in-10 children (11 percent) expressed 'gender non-contentedness' to varying degrees.

Soooooo, I think the question before us.......are we "trusting the science" today? Or....was that last week?

But they’ll kill themselves! 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But they’ll kill themselves! 

They do anyways - whether they've had surgery or not or whether they get called what they want or not.  NOTHING changes for them - they're still killing themselves at the same rate before and after they get what they want.

We're giving them everything but the truth.

20 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

They do anyways - whether they've had surgery or not or whether they get called what they want or not.  NOTHING changes for them - they're still killing themselves at the same rate before and after they get what they want.

We're giving them everything but the truth.

Tell Tim that. He thinks an adolescent teenager threatening suicide can be cured via mutilation. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Tell Tim that. He thinks an adolescent teenager threatening suicide can be cured via mutilation. 

Every time I read this kind of stuff, I get sick to my stomach......

I've said it a billion times, I wish people would read more about de-transitioning people. And why isn't detransitioning covered by gender-affirming care? Isn't it the same thing? I am still affirming my gender, it's just not what I thought I wanted it to be. Or isn't being straight also affirming my gender, why aren't contraceptives for women covered? 

Just another way for people to make money and have control. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I've said it a billion times, I wish people would read more about de-transitioning people. And why isn't detransitioning covered by gender-affirming care? Isn't it the same thing? I am still affirming my gender, it's just not what I thought I wanted it to be. Or isn't being straight also affirming my gender, why aren't contraceptives for women covered? 

Just another way for people to make money and have control. 

I did not know the bolded.  Is this true everywhere?  If so, that says a lot about what the "gender care" supporters truly care about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I did not know the bolded.  Is this true everywhere?  If so, that says a lot about what the "gender care" supporters truly care about.

They don't care at all.  All they care about are virtues and their pocket book.  Nothing else.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

From what I have read, it ALL varies, even gender affirming care, it's not covered every where. BUT...it's even more difficult to get detransitioning care than it is to get the initial treatment to transition. 

You're more likely to get the initial transitioning hormones and treatment, but to go back, may not be covered. 

If you google, there's a TON out there about how to transition and how to pay for it, but very little about how to detransition and how to pay for that, and what to do if you change your mind. 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

</endOfThread>

The debate is officially over - gender madness is nothing more than a fishing trip for virtues and has nothing to do with helping those with that mental illness.

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

</endOfThread>

The debate is officially over - gender madness is nothing more than a fishing trip for virtues and has nothing to do with helping those with that mental illness.

What you had in this instance is a small group of activists who leverage a tried and true method (ala the black people are so oppressed nonsense) to further a cause through lies....but hidden behind a false veil of morality....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RLLD said:

What you had in this instance is a small group of activists who leverage a tried and true method (ala the black people are so oppressed nonsense) to further a cause through lies....but hidden behind a false veil of morality....

Which, of course, is funny because most Democrats have no moral code.  :lol:

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Which, of course, is funny because most Democrats have no moral code.  :lol:

Democrats are a special brand of people to be sure.....they do the most dastardly things....then accuse others of these things, all the while pretending to be some empathetic and moral group....and just devastate the people they pretend to care about....

I look at what these despicable cowards did in Portland.....what they have been doing to children....to the poor....to so many people.....its indefensible.

• Like 1

Parenting is challenging, and if you are a focking moron....you will screw up your kids....

51 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Parenting is challenging, and if you are a focking moron....you will screw up your kids....

I told my son if he wanted to be a girl or die his hair pink, I would cut his balls off myself. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Really only here.  Most other countries, in particular the ones who initially went all in on "gender affirming care", have come to their senses and pulled back on things.  The U S is a special kind of stupid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Really only here.  Most other countries, in particular the ones who initially went all in on "gender affirming care", have come to their senses and pulled back on things.  The U S is a special kind of stupid.

Because people are so afraid of being labelled in some way, they would rather continue to do things that are obviously stupid than risk some social take down.....focking cowards....all of them

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I am surprised that they are saying "may not be reversible." Many of them aren't completely reversible, and if you do reverse them it takes years and years of more drugs to counter act what you've done. 

I think that women who transition to men are more likely to become infertile than men who transition to women; unless you have your junk removed. I've read studies that taking a lot of testosterone over time really just does a number on your ovaries, and them may never come back to producing viable eggs. 

There are also a couple of hormone blockers they use (one is considered a chemical castration drug that they give/gave sex offenders) and they know that it does cause cancer), it's one that's been around since the 40s. And of course they know it causes cancer because at one point they were giving it to women for other reasons back then. 

12 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am surprised that they are saying "may not be reversible." Many of them aren't completely reversible, and if you do reverse them it takes years and years of more drugs to counter act what you've done. 

I think that women who transition to men are more likely to become infertile than men who transition to women; unless you have your junk removed. I've read studies that taking a lot of testosterone over time really just does a number on your ovaries, and them may never come back to producing viable eggs. 

There are also a couple of hormone blockers they use (one is considered a chemical castration drug that they give/gave sex offenders) and they know that it does cause cancer), it's one that's been around since the 40s. And of course they know it causes cancer because at one point they were giving it to women for other reasons back then. 

If they were only allowing this experiment to transpire on adults, I would care less......that they insist on touching children is where I draw the line

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Not odd at all.   The media only reports propaganda.  There was just another study that showed that none of the evidence which was used to support these treatments were scientifically valid.  

Here is how our government (NIH) explains puberty blockers to children:

Hormone Blockers (also referred to as Puberty Blockers): Medical treatment which allows young trans and gender-expansive people to prevent the potentially negative outcomes of going through a puberty that does not match their gender identity.

Nothing about risks...  

This is how NIH describes puberty blockers to children, note the lack of any risks:

Hormone Blockers (also referred to as Puberty Blockers): Medical treatment which allows young trans and gender-expansive people to prevent the potentially negative outcomes of going through a puberty that does not match their gender identity.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I can't believe this is news; I've been saying it for years.  If you stop puberty, you don't get that time in puberty back.  Also as has been discussed in this thread, if you give the opposite hormones (e.g., testosterone to a girl), you are going to cause problems.  :dunno:

13 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I can't believe this is news; I've been saying it for years.  If you stop puberty, you don't get that time in puberty back.  Also as has been discussed in this thread, if you give the opposite hormones (e.g., testosterone to a girl), you are going to cause problems.  :dunno:

Yes but you were a transphobe when you said that....only things that further the cause are acceptable things to say.....if you question in any way, you are a target to be eliminated....