Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Ravens sign RB Melvin Gordon III to 1-year, $3.1M deal

Wow!  $3.1M for a RB is not backup money.  If he makes the roster, he's going to play.  Probably a bad omen for Dobbins.

Was O.J. Simpson was too busy?   Melvin Gordon?  What the hell? 

I like Dobbins 4th-5th rd adp, so it's a bit concerning.  Don't see Gordon as a red zone threat - Jackson, Dobbins, Edwards... take those.  More likely 3rd down work. And most likely won't stay healthy. Meh.

Still surprising they paid him so much.  Makes me wonder... how's Dobbins looking at OTA's?   :huh:

It just depends on how much gas Gordon has left in the tank.  Didn’t do anything last season, I think he was mostly injured.  But if he makes it he’s going to be the third down rb imo.  Dobbins is sitting as a mid rb2, mid 4th rdvpick half ppr, mmm I’m not that interested even before the Gordon move.   I know I can do better with either a wr or rb over Dobbins in the mid 4th.  

Surprised Gordon got a deal before Zeke, Hunt or Fournette.

Cook’s in a different category since he’s got a few options and is just balancing the $ versus right opportunity.

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Was O.J. Simpson was too busy?   Melvin Gordon?  What the hell? 

I like Dobbins 4th-5th rd adp, so it's a bit concerning.  Don't see Gordon as a red zone threat - Jackson, Dobbins, Edwards... take those.  More likely 3rd down work. And most likely won't stay healthy. Meh.

Still surprising they paid him so much.  Makes me wonder... how's Dobbins looking at OTA's?   :huh:

They just put Dobbins on the PUP list, so that's not a good sign at all

That’s why I have so very little interest in drafting J Williams or B Hall.  

55 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

Surprised Gordon got a deal before Zeke, Hunt or Fournette.

Cook’s in a different category since he’s got a few options and is just balancing the $ versus right opportunity.

I saw an email that Cook beat up a woman, and there looks like that could be an issue for him going forward.  

This is a nothingburger.

Flash Gordon at this point in his career is a change of pace guy that can play as a scat back in your 2 minute drill because of his pass catching ability.

this move will shore up the areas where Dobbins isnt quite as strong.   It shouldnt affect Dobbins numbers by any significant amount.

45 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

This is a nothingburger.

Flash Gordon at this point in his career is a change of pace guy that can play as a scat back in your 2 minute drill because of his pass catching ability.

this move will shore up the areas where Dobbins isnt quite as strong.   It shouldnt affect Dobbins numbers by any significant amount.

I would believe that if he signed for the veteran minimum or maybe up to $1M.  That money is more than Foreman got.  Maybe it's just insurance for Dobbins - I'd guess there is very little guaranteed and the Ravens don't have any sunk cost if he is cut.  However, that amount tells me he is going to have a significant role if he makes the 53-man roster (and any role he gets is going to eat into Dobbins numbers).

On 7/22/2023 at 3:50 PM, polecatt said:

They just put Dobbins on the PUP list, so that's not a good sign at all

Plus it looks like Dobbins made it on the PUP list, after the rough time he had returning last season, I do think Gordon is more then a notingburger.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Plus it looks like Dobbins made it on the PUP list, after the rough time he had returning last season, I do think Gordon is more then a notingburger.  

insurance policy.

but we shall see.  if Dobbins is in worse shape than we thought this is a situation certainly worth watching.

Dobbins and Edwards don’t seem to be heavily involved in the passing game, i right away that’s Gordon job, remember all the talk about how they want Jackson to pass more, I think Gordon is a good fit in their passing game, plus Dobbins still might be having problems.  

• Haha 1

Chiefs fixed his fumbling issues.

No carries :banana:

• Haha 1

This won't affect Dobbins.  The only thing that affects Dobbins is his ability to stay on the field.

Melvin Gordon's signing is an effort to keep Jackson's pass attempts at a minimum.

On 7/26/2023 at 4:17 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

This won't affect Dobbins.  The only thing that affects Dobbins is his ability to stay on the field.

Yep.

Gordon might be a decent stash if you think Dobbins won’t make it through most of the year.

But Dobbins remains the potential low-end RB1/high-end RB2 pick. I’m high on him as I think we’ll see one year of what he could be before he rides off in to the sunset 

If everything is good with Dobbins, he’s a rb2 in non ppr, low rb2 .5 ppr, rb3 in ppr.  

But it’s an interesting situation with Dobbins.