Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

2024 EdEx Winter Meetings

We had everything rolling smoothly in 23 and the tour had to make some changes that will impact us a bit. 

WhiteWonder posted this link that outlines the changes for 2024

https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/needtoknow/2023/08/07/five-things-to-know--2024-pga-tour-schedule

edjr came up with this schedule and I think it is a winner. Depending on field sizes we may need to adjust rosters from 6 to 4 similar to the 2023 finale. 

* The Sentry (Jan. 1-7)
* The Genesis Invitational (Feb. 12-18)
* Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard (March 4-10)
* The Players March 14-17
* Masters April 11-14
* Wells Fargo Championship (May 6-12)
* PGA Championship May 16-19
* The Memorial Tournament presented by Workday (June 3-9)
* US Open June 13-16
* British Open July 18-21

No love for my Phoenix Open?  :( 

27 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No love for my Phoenix Open?  :( 

PGA removed it as a designated/signature event. Likely won't have the big name field we had this year. 

• Sad 1

We have our schedule for 2024. The only thing I can think of that may need to be discussed is field size and how many players we draft. If a designated event has only 70 or 80 players are we going to continue to draft 6?

had a banger of a weekend. would appreciate anyone paying ahead :D 

• Haha 2

so we are upping from 8 to 10 events? idk if I want to add small field events for the sake of adding events but I guess it could be fun. 

I wonder if designated events really would be better than something like the WMPO? "better" fields but ones where we wont be drafting 6 versus a really fun event that might only have a dozen "top" names. :dunno: interesting. 

shouldn't we be including LIV events now? :D

14 minutes ago, posty said:

Free entry?

Free entry with $500 donation 

On 10/9/2023 at 3:23 PM, posty said:

:pointstosky:

:lol:

You have to give it to us. Not too many degenerates on this planet that play in a fantasy golf league for half a grand. 

I AM IN.

I trust whatever y’all come up with as far as scheduling.  First glance, looks great. I do love the Waste Management but if it’s not an official….risky. 

As far as field size vs draft rounds that is totally dependent on how many Geeks we have in the league.  We prolly need to nail that down first. 

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I AM IN.

I trust whatever y’all come up with as far as scheduling.  First glance, looks great. I do love the Waste Management but if it’s not an official….risky. 

As far as field size vs draft rounds that is totally dependent on how many Geeks we have in the league.  We prolly need to nail that down first. 

I'm assuming we have all 11 back from last season. With field sizes, not sure we could take on a 12th unless we reduced roster sizes for certain events,. 

If the PGA is going to have so many events with no cut, drafting 4 will work out well. Also will save us time waiting for cloacaine to draft

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Has anyone said they are out?  We prolly need a headcount. 

only person I can think that might actually drop out would be cloaca and I only say that because a few times last season I feel like he hinted at not playing.... but that may have been due to time constraints in the moment. 

It’s all a sham without a LIV event on our schedule 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

It’s all a sham without a LIV event on our schedule 

LIV will play eight events outside of the United States: Mexico, Jeddah, Hong Kong, Adelaide, Singapore, Valderrama, England and South Korea.

LIV will follow the season-opening event in Mexico, which is tentatively slated for Feb. 2-4, with a tournament the following week in Las Vegas. Jeddah and Hong Kong will be back-to-back in March. There are U.S. events in Dallas, Los Angeles and Oklahoma City.

The L.A. tournament would precede the U.S. Open (meaning it is the same week at the Memorial Tournament) at Pinehurst with the Oklahoma City tournament to follow (the same week as the Travelers Championship.)

Unlike this year when Valderrama and England were in consecutive weeks, they appear to bookending the British Open at Royal Troon. The final event would be played in September, likely the week prior to the Presidents Cup and following the tournament in South Korea.

There is no Tucson event and the Tulsa event appears to be replaced by one in Oklahoma City.

There are two main takeaways: LIV is playing for pay, attempting to go to venues that will pay to be showcased in many cases.

And it appears it is less concerned about going up against some of the bigger PGA Tour events. Mayakoba would be opposite the PGA Tour’s tournament at Pebble Beach, while Las Vegas would be played the same week at the WM Phoenix Open—also Super Bowl weekend.

The L.A. and Oklahoma City events surrounding the U.S. Open would also be up against Signature events at the Memorial and the Travelers. The Greenbrier, like this year, would be the same week as the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup playoff event in Memphis.

20 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I AM IN.

I agree with all of this, including being IN.

As I said above, I'd love to do the WM since I'll be there drinking errrr... watching golf a few days, and I may have the opportunity directly encourage players on my team to do better.  :D  But if not, no worries.  :cheers: 

Do we really need the Arnold Palmer and Wells Fargo?  Ditching those cuts it down to 8 tourneys.

50 per man for each tourney

100 for edex cup

?

In, regardless.

24 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

In also....we should put a Liv or 2 on the schedule for sh1ts and giggles

Pittsburgh DEF is on a bye this week. I want it to be fair and square when I beat you in football this week. :pointstosky:

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Pittsburgh DEF is on a bye this week. I want it to be fair and square when I beat you in football this week. :pointstosky:

👍

5 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

In also....we should put a Liv or 2 on the schedule for sh1ts and giggles

Are there enough players in a LIV tourney for us to have a meaningful draft?  :dunno: 

I'd vote for maybe an unsanctioned event or two from LIV, to see how it goes.  But I'll do whatever.  :cheers: 

30 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Are there enough players in a LIV tourney for us to have a meaningful draft?  :dunno: 

I'd vote for maybe an unsanctioned event or two from LIV, to see how it goes.  But I'll do whatever.  :cheers: 

48 golfers in this weeks event. It's not realistic and KSB's head would explode. drafting 4 each with 11 participants and we'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel of LIV golf and no one wants that. Unless we want to be drafting Jediah Morgan. 

Might be fun to do one unsanctioned LIV event with 5-6 drafters. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

48 golfers in this weeks event. It's not realistic and KSB's head would explode. drafting 4 each with 11 participants and we'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel of LIV golf and no one wants that. Unless we want to be drafting Jediah Morgan. 

:first:

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

We all need a reason to watch LIV. 

Edex LIV Cup

On 10/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, bostonlager said:

U win...mcafferty questionable....

Well done!!

1 hour ago, Cloaca du jour said:

U win...mcafferty questionable....

Well done!!

Good game. At least the Browns won for you 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:20 PM, edjr said:

We all need a reason to watch LIV. 

Edex LIV Cup

Out

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Out

:D 

Happy Thanksgiving to you fellas. We are 6 weeks away from the season opener. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Greatest thing at the Geek Club.  Happy Thanksgiving you bunch of Turkeys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

who dis? new phone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

who dis? new phone

:first:

41 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Confirmed today I believe. 

was a given, unless he edjrs the Hero Challenge