Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Carolina WRs

There no way adam Thielen is there #1 wr ...why is Terrence Marshall only 1% owned and listed at 4th on the depth chart .. he's only 23 and seemed to be emerging late last season...im holding to things shake out ???

Thielen may be old reliable, if he’s got anything left.

Marshall seems like just a deep ball guy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

why is Terrence Marshall only 1% owned and listed at 4th on the depth chart

Ya answered yourself.

Word is Thielen lost some juice last year, but is the Wr to own in Car and Wr 25 to 30 finish is reasonable. Based on that, I looked for him in the final rounds, but he gone.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Ya answered yourself.

Word is Thielen lost some juice last year, but is the Wr to own in Car and Wr 25 to 30 finish is reasonable. Based on that, I looked for him in the final rounds, but he gone.

hes valuable because he knows how to run routes.   hes not a WR1 anymore but when the QB goes through his progression he will be in the spot hes supposed to be (which is what you want when teaching a young QB).   in an indeal world hes a WR3.   at best a WR2.   but due to a lack of depth at the position hes higher on the depth chart than he probably should be.

I'd be looking at other options in that offense for fantasy.   Maybe Chark or Mingo.    I have not been following the camp news, but I do know chark when he finally got healthy showed signs of being a player once again, so there is hope for him, but Mingo may be the guy to place your money on.

both of these guys I have labeled as 'players to watch' and if they show signs of a breakout or a connection with their future all star QB I'll pop onto the wire and grab them.

• Like 1

The only fantasy value to be had in Carolina is the Def facing them each week.  There is nothing else to see here…time to move on.

most teams have one WR who is worth having on a roster.  sometimes the challenge is figuring out who that one guy will be.

• Like 1

Mingo

but the steadiest guy with the safest floor will be Thielen for good reason as the rookie qb grows. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JagFan said:

The only fantasy value to be had in Carolina is the Def facing them each week.  There is nothing else to see here…time to move on.

Nothing to see for your 8 team league 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Nothing to see for your 8 team league 

I completely get where you’re coming from with this topic.  We all want validation when we draft players from our favorite team, reach for a player because we’ve drafted poorly, etc.  These are common learning opportunities in our first year playing Fantasy Football.  Learning that hope isn’t a strategy is a bitter pill, but it’ll make you better at this next year.  We’ve all been there, so we get it.  Try to work the waiver wire, and you can fix it.  Don’t let failure this season detour you from sticking with this.

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

I completely get where you’re coming from with this topic.  We all want validation when we draft players from our favorite team, reach for a player because we’ve drafted poorly, etc.  These are common learning opportunities in our first year playing Fantasy Football.  Learning that hope isn’t a strategy is a bitter pill, but it’ll make you better at this next year.  We’ve all been there, so we get it.  Try to work the waiver wire, and you can fix it.  Don’t let failure this season detour you from sticking with this.

Your right...your smart very educated...should probably start your own podcast 

8 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Your right...your smart very educated...should probably start your own podcast 

There should be a comma between smart, and very educated.  It’s the grammatically correct way to separate two thoughts.  I learned that when I was getting educated.

Thielen is their #1 WR but he hurt his ankle. Marshall, Chark, and Thielen are all hurt now.

so its the Marshall and Mingo show.   

one of these guys likely does something.   flip a coin.    I am betting on Mingo

We are Marshall...lol just watched that movie ...I think he has a good game..he will have good  coverage with either Terrell or Okudah on him....i need to decide Marshall or kj osborne

Throw darts, roll dice, something like that.

It's the Panthers, they're gonna be luck to have a WR with 50 catches, 600 yards and 3 TDs

The betting over/under was 25 yards ... .he got 23 these odd makers are good 

After yesterday, I think it's a "QB sucks" issue and not a WR issue.  It's the kids first game, I'm sure he'll be fine.  Can't take anything away from that game except to get a bench mark for the starting point.  We'll see what he does next week.

• Like 1