Sign in to follow this  
easilyscan

Week 001: Random Thoughts/Opinions/Questions

I didn't get to see any of the game. Was the Bengals offense that bad, the Browns defense that good, or something else?

I realize the Falcons are run heavy & have a rookie QB (only 18 attempts) but where was Drake London ? My depth charts say he's WR-1

My Vikings never fail to surprise. Out-gain the bucs 369-242 & manage to lose. Last year they won all the close games, this year they might lose them all. 62 years and they still haven't found the promised land :(

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I didn't get to see any of the game. Was the Bengals offense that bad, the Browns defense that good, or something else?

I realize the Falcons are run heavy & have a rookie QB (only 18 attempts) but where was Drake London ? My depth charts say he's WR-1

My Vikings never fail to surprise. Out-gain the bucs 369-242 & manage to lose. Last year they won all the close games, this year they might lose them all. 62 years and they still haven't found the promised land :(

He did wipe out like a 30 yard catch by Kyle Pitts with a procedure penalty.

I wouldn't want anyone involved in their passing game at this point. Pitts is a streaming TE and that's about it.

The RB situation looks to be a bit murkier. Alleiger was the better RB today. Bijan was good, but I think people were probably expecting a little more.

I don't expect this offense to do much. They looked decent today against a bad offensive team. Against better teams, they're not gonna be so hot when they have to keep up the pace.

That said, I think both RBs have good fantasy value, at least for the time being.

My two starting WRs that played in the early games had a combined 17 catches for 262 yards, and 0 TDs 😆

5 minutes ago, polecatt said:

He did wipe out like a 30 yard catch by Kyle Pitts with a procedure penalty.

I wouldn't want anyone involved in their passing game at this point. Pitts is a streaming TE and that's about it.

The RB situation looks to be a bit murkier. Alleiger was the better RB today. Bijan was good, but I think people were probably expecting a little more.

I don't expect this offense to do much. They looked decent today against a bad offensive team. Against better teams, they're not gonna be so hot when they have to keep up the pace.

That said, I think both RBs have good fantasy value, at least for the time being.

Interesting take. Thanks.

Also interesting is that as bad as London was, I started Alleiger in the flex spot. Figured he fell too far in the draft because of the Falcons drafting Bijan & was hoping since he looked very capable last year, the Falcons might continue to use him this year to showcase for a possible trade later. You win some you lose some.

30 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Also interesting is that as bad as London was, I started Alleiger in the flex spot. Figured he fell too far in the draft because of the Falcons drafting Bijan & was hoping since he looked very capable last year, the Falcons might continue to use him this year to showcase for a possible trade later. You win some you lose some.

I think he's a flex at worst, for the time being. I think he will have decent staying power .

Bijan looks like a great change of pace and PPR RB. The kind of guy you want to get into space. They clearly want to use him in the passing game too.  Allegier looks like the kind to pound between the tackles, and at the goal line. Let him do the dirty work, keep Bijan fresh for big plays.

I could really see an Ezekiel Elliott/Tony Pollard kind of situation here. We'll see going forward

Steelers had their arse kicked. 

Aaron Jones went out, looked to be clutching his hamstring...

On the plus side, Jordan Love looks like he's gonna be the 3rd installment of great GB QBs

15 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Seattle has been completely impotent since the field goal in the 2nd quarter. 180 yards total & TOP 36:00 to 18:00

Yes! I was just about to say, I wonder if perhaps Geno Smith has turned back into Geno Smith...

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

I figured Allgeir would get decent play early in the season until Bijan got all the nuances down for being an NFL starter.

but as the year Wears on Bijan will get more play and Allgeir less.    what I didnt know is how long it would take for how long the transition period would last. (still dont)

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I figured Allgeir would get decent play early in the season until Bijan got all the nuances down for being an NFL starter.

but as the year Wears on Bijan will get more play and Allgeir less.    what I didnt know is how long it would take for how long the transition period would last. (still dont)

Run first team it’s going to change weekly.  The hot hand approach during the game.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Run first team it’s going to change weekly.  The hot hand approach during the game.  

They both played quite well from the sound of it.

it will be interesting to see how the team manages this.

There was definitely not a "hot hand" approach between Allgeier and Robinson.  Each seemed to have a role in designated packages and/or drives.  Allgeier ripped off a couple of big runs on his first drive, but Robinson came right back in on the next series.

How do you lose 40-0 (at home) when the opposing Qb throws 143 yds and scores 0 Tds?   The Giants know how!

You have to be unbelievably bad in every facet of the game. That ain't getting fixed over-night.

11 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

How do you lose 40-0 (at home) when the opposing Qb throws 143 yds and scores 0 Tds?   The Giants know how!

You have to be unbelievably bad in every facet of the game. That ain't getting fixed over-night.

well, I dont think the Cowboys beat them.  They beat themselves.

the blocked kick and the pick six really set the tone for the game, and it didnt get better.   The Defense was everywhere and if that wasnt enough, all the breaks went the Cowboys way.

Cowboys fumble the ball, it goes right into the hands of another Cowboy.  No problem.....

so Yeah Dak didnt do much but he also didnt need to.   literally all he needed to do was hand the ball off, and not fumble it.   The Defense literally stole this show.    Good on them.  they were so good they actually messed up 2 QB's for fantasy.  one because he had to play against them.,  the other because there was no need for him to actually throw the ball.

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Then the Gmen showed up.  

Very impressed with J Love, I’m feeling very bad for Dobbins, I think this new injury might be it for him.  

The Bucs going to the Vikings with Mayfield at Qb and winning , wow.  

Wondering what happen to the Bengals, are the Browns def that good? 

Seattle losing today to the Kupp less Rams was very surprising.  

Carr and Olave are going to be a good combo.  

And Mr Meyers with the Raiders, please someone tell us you started him.  

12 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Seattle has been completely impotent since the field goal in the 2nd quarter. 180 yards total & TOP 36:00 to 18:00

2 completely different halfs.

First half. 4 drives. 1 touchdown, 2 field goals, 1 hit the upright missed field goal.

Second half. I'm not sure how many possessions. But maybe only 10 yards THE WHOLE HALF.

Very disappointing day to be a fan.

16 hours ago, polecatt said:

Yes! I was just about to say, I wonder if perhaps Geno Smith has turned back into Geno Smith...

I believe he has, LOL. I was never sold on the guy.  Nice dude and easy to root for but I just can’t do it. Other thoughts:

• Niners and Purdy looked great but everyone is still skittish due to the history of poorly timed injuries hitting the Niners. 
  • Daniel Jones sucks.  This just in. ONE good playoff game against a terrible defense and he gets rewarded for that? Nicely done Dan.  Your agent is a genius.
  • Miamis offense is lining up to be the greatest show on turf 2.0.
  • I know the Bengals start slowly but really, Joe? Really?
  • San Diego may not win half their games.
  • Loved seeing the Raiders crap on the Broncos and stick it to Sean Payton. Guy just rubs me the wrong way.  Alls Jimmy G. Does is play barely good enough and win games. LOL.
  • How about them cowboys? 
  • Jordan Love appears legit. Justin Fields is a joke. Can we just drop the narrative that he’s anything other than a running back labeled as a QB? 
  •  Bills and Jets should be fun. 

Yes, the weather was crappy...but the revamped, Jim Schwartz defense of the Browns absolutely looks legit. Receivers were covered all day & Burrow was constantly under pressure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoadLizard said:
  • Loved seeing the Raiders crap on the Broncos and stick it to Sean Payton. Guy just rubs me the wrong way.   

Not a fan either. Comes across very full of himself. 

He quit the Saint right before they were $100 mil over the salary cap. He created the mess, but wouldn't lose face owning it. Instead he played the "need to spend time focusing on health and kids" card. Then immediately signed with Fox as an analyst.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

I believe he has, LOL. I was never sold on the guy.  Nice dude and easy to root for but I just can’t do it. Other thoughts:

• Niners and Purdy looked great but everyone is still skittish due to the history of poorly timed injuries hitting the Niners. 
  • Daniel Jones sucks.  This just in. ONE good playoff game against a terrible defense and he gets rewarded for that? Nicely done Dan.  Your agent is a genius.
  • Miamis offense is lining up to be the greatest show on turf 2.0.
  • I know the Bengals start slowly but really, Joe? Really?
  • San Diego may not win half their games.
  • Loved seeing the Raiders crap on the Broncos and stick it to Sean Payton. Guy just rubs me the wrong way.  Alls Jimmy G. Does is play barely good enough and win games. LOL.
  • How about them cowboys? 
  • Jordan Love appears legit. Justin Fields is a joke. Can we just drop the narrative that he’s anything other than a running back labeled as a QB? 
  •  Bills and Jets should be fun. 

Touche!  I don't really have any disagreements with anything there, well except the Dolphins play on grass, but that's nitpicking 😁

It was an interesting opening day for sure. Some of what happened will stick, others won't. It appears to me though, as if the NFL has basically taken the final week of preseason games and made them the first week of regular season games. If not I get the feeling that this season is gonna be kind of like watching one of the old NFL bloopers tapes 😃

I was looking at the QBs in my league. The top was Tua, who was started. The next 3 highest were all FAs. Then Herbert, who is my starter, was next.

Maybe week 2 is a bit better.

4 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Chargers barely lose to the dolphins but yet you got them at 50% or less 🤔....they will be alright 

21 hours ago, weepaws said:

Solid performance on both sides of the ball, offense and defense. Bosa will get going for sure mow his deal is done. I'm still cautiously optimistic with my 49ers considering all the injuries we had last year. I just pray they can stay healthy. If they can and do then I think  they can beat any team out there. Yes , Homer speaking, lol. Thank God for them getting CMC. He makes the whole team better. Mr. Purdy is no longer Irrelevant and I think he'll keep getting better, just dkn't kverwork the throwing arm.

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Chargers barely lose to the dolphins but yet you got them at 50% or less 🤔....they will be alright 

Alternate headline: Chargers score 34 points but still lose