Sign in to follow this  
ramz04

Dallas D/ST

I was very high on the cowboys d/st going into the season and took them fairly early in my draft at pick 11.9. They lead the league in turnovers the last two years and they upgraded their secondary with Gillmore. Their dline is probably the deepest in the nfl, led by this years DPOY - Micah Parsons. 

I really think this defense will go down as an all time elite defense, a la the 2000 Ravens & 1985 Bears and will provide fantasy owners with weekly 20/ppg upside.

With that said, what would it take for you cowboy d/st owners to pry them off your hands? 

19 minutes ago, ramz04 said:

With that said, what would it take for you cowboy d/st owners to pry them off your hands? 

A bye week.

I'd take an RB3/4 like javonte or Herbert. Or a WR with upside like Addison etc. That said, it seems to rich for a D

31 minutes ago, rallo said:

I'd take an RB3/4 like javonte or Herbert. Or a WR with upside like Addison etc. That said, it seems to rich for a D

What about Puka?

If I was thin at WR and he would start straight away, then yes, especially in PPR Ymmv though. 

Trade for a Def, lol, no silly rabbit.  

55 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

51 points in my league. It might take a lot to get them away from my team that did well Week 1. I faced them in two other leagues and lost.

Congrats, and Sorry.  To many variables to trade for a Def.  I’ll just stream.  

It's all good, those teams of mine that lost; just had off weeks I feel like. If you can somehow include Cowboys D/ST in a trade to get them; might be worth it? Up to you. Maybe, like a big trade.

6 hours ago, ramz04 said:

I was very high on the cowboys d/st going into the season and took them fairly early in my draft at pick 11.9. They lead the league in turnovers the last two years and they upgraded their secondary with Gillmore. Their dline is probably the deepest in the nfl, led by this years DPOY - Micah Parsons. 

I really think this defense will go down as an all time elite defense, a la the 2000 Ravens & 1985 Bears and will provide fantasy owners with weekly 20/ppg upside.

honestly, this D gives a 3-5 point advantage on most weeks.   why would you trade them unless getting a legit upgrade elsewhere.   I have this D in one of my leagues and It would take a far higher value player than most are (or should be) willing to pay to get me to trade them.

bottom line: because people generally are not williing to trade anything of value for a defense, the right move is not to trade them.

The Dallas d/st has scored more points through week 2 than every single RB and QB and they currently sit at #3 overall. The only players that have scored more points than the Dallas defense is Tyreek Hill & Puka Nacua. 

Check in with me Dallas owners, how is your team looking? I bet over 90% of y’all are 2-0. I’m 2-0 and second in my league in scoring. 

I'm 2-0, and I'd still sell high if someone offered. You aren't going to play NYG and the rodgers-less Jets every week.

• Like 1

I am also 2-0 in the league that has the Dallas D

I’ll give you 5 penny’s for the Cowboys def.  

On 9/14/2023 at 2:38 PM, ramz04 said:

I wouldn’t take less than Mahomes, CMC, or Jefferson.  Congratulations, please let us know when the book hits the shelf!

I remember a couple of seasons ago the Patriots D was like the 2nd highest scorer in all of fantasy football the first half of the season.

They didn't maintain that level the entire season. The 2nd half of the season, they were still a good fantasy D but not one above streaming

It’s very tough for a Def to maintain greatness through out a season.  To many variables.  

1-1 due to losing 2 starting RBs week 1 (Jones, Ekeler).  The DAL D is solid, #1 for certain. They are not going to score like they didn't against the Giants every week. More like what they did against the Jets. Maybe we have seen the ceiling, lets wait and see how they play against the Rams and Niners in a couple weeks and you may see their floor. 

Is it gonna be the same D/ST now that they have suffered a significant injury?

Trevon Diggs, ACL tear, he's the ballhawk. Not quite as important as Micah Parsons to them, but this has to hurt them as fantasy unit.

I'm calling my shot right now.  Various reasons lead me to this conclusion -

Arizona upsets Dallas week 3.  Take it to the bank. Cash it and stash it. 

:pointstosky:

I’ll now only give three penny’s for the Cowboys def.  

50 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Based on this, then Ertz would be a good streaming play this week?

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

well, they lost one of their best defenders to a season ending ACL injury so its certainly possible that the D may struggle with him gone.   especially so soon after the injury.  his replacement hasnt likely had sufficient time to practice with the rest of the defense.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, they lost one of their best defenders to a season ending ACL injury

I was already leaning Arizona, but that pushed me over the top. Dallas's wins over Giants and Jets inflated everyone's Cowboy optimism - including their own. Dak was decent in those games, but he didn't have to do much and IMO his career is trending down. Arizona might pressure him (like they did to Was: 6 sacks, and NYG: 3 sacks) and force punts/turnovers.  Arizona looked surprisingly good for the first half against Giants. Even though they melted down in the 4th, that might spark some confidence. At home with us-vs-world mentality, in what should be a low scoring game... sounds like a recipe for an upset.  The key is pressuring Dak.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:04 PM, GobbleDog said:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere🤔:dunno:

On 9/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, GobbleDog said:

Dak was decent in those games, but he didn't have to do much

well against New York he didnt have to do anything.

he could have handed the ball off for the rest of the game, and so long as it wasnt a fumble, he would have gotten the win.   his stats against the Giants were not actually that good but I think they ran a pretty conservative offense once it got to a point (I think early 2nd Quarter) where it was clear New York wasnt gonna put up a fight they dumbed down the offense some.  took no risks.  which is fine.  thats what you are supposed to do.   its not great for fantasy but it gets you the win you want.

as for the Arizona game.... weak D.  what else do you expect?

On 9/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, GobbleDog said:

+500 moneyline !!!

I'm in the money, I'm in the money, ...   :banana:

17 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

+500 moneyline !!!

Nice call. 

On 9/21/2023 at 3:06 PM, weepaws said:

I’ll now only give three penny’s for the Cowboys def.  

Not now.  

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

+500 moneyline !!!

Nice hit! sorry that I assumed you were drunk when making this call.

32 minutes ago, rallo said:

Nice hit! sorry that I assumed you were drunk when making this call.

Thank you!  To be fair, they didn't win the way I expected. The parts I got right was Dak ain't all that, Cowboy defense was slightly overrated, and Cards defense slightly underrated. But if I'd known Cards would only get 2 sacks and Dallas only 1 turnover... I wouldn't have bet it. Without more sacks and turnovers, they'd have to play a perfect game ... which they amazingly did.

Still felt great cashing that ticket!

On 9/21/2023 at 6:04 PM, GobbleDog said:

Well played.

On 9/14/2023 at 2:38 PM, ramz04 said:

Through 4 weeks the cowboys rank #22 overall in fantasy points with 76, only 3 fewer than Mahomes. They are producing like a high end #1 WR/RB averaging 19 ppg. All of you guys saying they don’t have value and you would just drop them on their bye week are clearly dissatisfied owners who missed out on them in the draft. This d/st gives your lineup a -7 advantage every week. 

2 minutes ago, ramz04 said:

Through 4 weeks the cowboys rank #22 overall in fantasy points with 76, only 3 fewer than Mahomes. They are producing like a high end #1 WR/RB averaging 19 ppg. All of you guys saying they don’t have value and you would just drop them on their bye weeks are clearly dissatisfied owners who missed out on them in the draft. This d/st gives your lineup a -7 advantage every week. 

You might be right. It's a long season so we shall see. Good luck. 

36 minutes ago, ramz04 said:

Through 4 weeks the cowboys rank #22 overall in fantasy points with 76, only 3 fewer than Mahomes. They are producing like a high end #1 WR/RB averaging 19 ppg. All of you guys saying they don’t have value and you would just drop them on their bye week are clearly dissatisfied owners who missed out on them in the draft. This d/st gives your lineup a -7 advantage every week. 

absolutely nuts.

the Defense is actually hindering the dallas players who are associated with the passing game.

why would you risk an interception to bring the other team back into the game?   You dont.

you hand the ball off and make sure you dont fumble it.

QB value is down and WR value is down in Dallas.  not due to bad play, but due to a defense that forces games into garbage time by halftime.

3 hours ago, ramz04 said:

I’ll give you five cents.  

It’s a good Def that takes advantage of mistakes.  They’ve had the pleasure of facing 4 of the worst QBs in the league, and one of them got over on them…Ari.  Their next 4 games won’t be easy.  And their FF playoff matchups are very difficult.  I’d sell them right now because their value will never be higher than it is at this very moment.

4 minutes ago, JagFan said:

It’s a good Def that takes advantage of mistakes.  They’ve had the pleasure of facing 4 of the worst QBs in the league, and one of them got over on them…Ari.  Their next 4 games won’t be easy.  And their FF playoff matchups are very difficult.  I’d sell them right now because their value will never be higher than it is at this very moment.

Agree, if you want something of value right now is the time to shop.  

22 minutes ago, JagFan said:

fair point