Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

*** NBA Thread 2023-24 ***

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Embiid is a Top 5ish player in the league.

So is Kevin Durant, so is Lebron

Top 5 means nothing anymore in basketball. He's probably peaked, he's injury prone and getting older. I'd try to maximize his value now before it's too late. 

I hear your argument, he's a Superstar. Nobody wants to part with a superstar but if it gets you the pieces to compete for a championship then don't you have to do it? It's just not working in Philly. Philly fans always have a hard time letting go. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So is Kevin Durant, so is Lebron

Top 5 means nothing anymore in basketball. He's probably peaked, he's injury prone and getting older. I'd try to maximize his value now before it's too late. 

I hear your argument, he's a Superstar. Nobody wants to part with a superstar but if it gets you the pieces to compete for a championship then don't you have to do it? It's just not working in Philly. Philly fans always have a hard time letting go. 

Durant and LeBron aren’t Top 5 players and they’re both significantly older than Embiid. You just don’t deal a 30 y/o superstar for a collection of young players and picks in an offseason when you’ll have $60m in cap space.

That’s just stupid.

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I think it's very close. His value is never going to be higher. As Sixer fan, how many years are we supposed to tread in mediocrity? This is every year now. 

He's not what they need, they need shooters. I would trade Embid away tomorrow for a haul of draft picks and younger players. 

That's not what Sixer fans want to hear but it's time. 

And the GM is a dope! I have no faith in him whatsoever. 

Terrible take.

I have no clue.  

Who are the top 5-7 players today in some sort of order?

26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I have no clue.  

Who are the top 5-7 players today in some sort of order?

Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid, Tatum, Kahwi, Gilgeous Alexander.

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid, Tatum, Kahwi, Gilgeous Alexander.

Ant, Steph, Brunson maybe ahead of Kawhi, the best ability is availability. KD and Book close behind but you gotta win some. Paolo and Wemby coming up fast. We will see with Maxey and then DeArron Fox.

I see American ball is down in the dumps.  Kobe Lebron KD Steph are like the last wave before the Euros have taken over.  

Rudy Gobert will miss tonight's playoff game for the Minnesota Timberwolves because of the birth of a son. Same guy touching microphones during Covid who was the first Covid case that shut down the NBA. 

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-out-for-game-2-against-nuggets

I guess him and his wife never heard of being induced early, c-section, or planning a pregnancy not to coincide with the NBA playoffs.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Rudy Gobert will miss tonight's playoff game for the Minnesota Timberwolves because of the birth of a son. Same guy touching microphones during Covid who was the first Covid case that shut down the NBA. 

https://www.si.com/nba/timberwolves/news/timberwolves-rudy-gobert-out-for-game-2-against-nuggets

I guess him and his wife never heard of being induced early, c-section, or planning a pregnancy not to coincide with the NBA playoffs.

He can stay off for awhile!

What a debacle. The NBA is such a joke. How does the best team in the regular season lose to an inferior team at home by 10 (heat) and 24 (cavs) in the playoffs :lol: 

Too much money. They just don't give a chit, 0 pride. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

What a debacle. The NBA is such a joke. How does the best team in the regular season lose to an inferior team at home by 10 (heat) and 24 (cavs) in the playoffs :lol: 

Just the typical NBA...  Nothing to see here...

2 hours ago, edjr said:

1 hour ago, posty said:

Just the typical NBA...  Nothing to see here...

How does a good team lose a game? Maybe the same way a hockey team wins the Presidents trophy and then gets bounced by the 8th seed. Or maybe how the 5 seed played the 6th seed for the World Series last year. shut it you friggen trolls. 

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

How does a good team lose a game? Maybe the same way a hockey team wins the Presidents trophy and then gets bounced by the 8th seed. Or maybe how the 5 seed played the 6th seed for the World Series last year. shut it you friggen trolls. 

:lol:  NBA homecourt is now the same as NHL and Baseball :lol:

Tell me more funnyman!! 

the NBA has many issues.  Boston losing a game isn't one of them. 

Overrated team in the first place.    (a very good team but still overrated) 

1 minute ago, edjr said:

:lol:  NBA homecourt is now the same as NHL and Baseball :lol:

Tell me more funnyman!!  

this post..what a debacle

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

the NBA has many issues.  Boston losing a game isn't one of them. 

Overrated team in the first place.    (a very good team but still overrated) 

They also lost at home in the 1st round :doh: 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

They also lost at home in the 1st round :doh: 

it's sports. they play a 7 game series for a reason, so that the favored team has less of a chance of being bounced based on one or two bad nights.

The Rays won 100 games in 2021, winning the AL East by 8 and lost to the Red Sox in 4 in the playoffs  (best of 5)

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

it's sports. they play a 7 game series for a reason, so that the favored team has less of a chance of being bounced based on one or two bad nights.

The Rays won 100 games in 2021, winning the AL East by 8 and lost to the Red Sox in 4 in the playoffs  (best of 5)

So the NBA doesn't have the best home court/field/ice advantage?  

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

So the NBA doesn't have the best home court/field/ice advantage?  

I would think statistically the NBA and NHL are very close in terms of home team win %.    I feel like I have read that baseball is much less advantage which I find surprising for a number of reasons including the fact that parks have unique dimensions which home players should be more used to, especially in terms of outfield defense as well as the fact the baseball season is longer so a homestand should mean more in terms of travel fatigue. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

I would think statistically the NBA and NHL are very close in terms of home team win %. 

I thought you watched sports?

On average, NBA teams win 62.7% of their home games. The general home court advantage is thought to be equivalent to about three points per game on average, but this doesn't mean that it will be the same in all buildings. 

In the NHL, the home team has a 54.5% winning percentage during the regular season, which is statistically significant. In the playoffs, the home team has a 50% winning percentage. 

:doh: 

🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I thought you watched sports?

:doh: 

Where are you pulling your numbers from after I made my last post I did some digging and it looked like the disparity between NBA and NHL was roughly 3%

based on the different fonts of your quotes, it looks like maybe you’re cherry picking  from two different sources

In basketball, NBA teams win 62.7% of their home games.

International cricket teams win 60.1% of home games. In the NHL, 59% of games are won by home teams. In rugby, the win rate for home teams is 58%, while in American football, it’s 57.6%.

In the United States, Major League Baseball home teams win 54.1% of the time. In Japan’s Nippon League, that’s 53.3%.

Basketball fans deserve a better pro league than the NBA.  Youth, HS, college— all are good to watch.  The NBA is a scam.  I yearn for an upstart competitor.

1 hour ago, MLCKAA said:

Basketball fans deserve a better pro league than the NBA.  Youth, HS, college— all are good to watch.  The NBA is a scam.  I yearn for an upstart competitor.

LIV Basketball …. They will play 2 15 minute halves and regular seasons will be 30 games. 

30 minute games, 30 game seasons so XXX Basketball 😀 

The Pacers game was a good one and lot of scoring and player prop bet overs, I won $35 on a 3 leg parlay.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2024 at 1:16 AM, BeenHereBefore said:

The Pacers game was a good one and lot of scoring and player prop bet overs, I won $35 on a 3 leg parlay.

:o  enjoy your trip to vegas