Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

QB Changes: Aidan O'Connell LV, Taylor Heinicke ATL Are In

My league picked these guys up  3 hours ago 😡 ... Getting way to competitive to where it's not even fun anymore ...I think they subscribe to podcasts ...I'm snookered with no quarterback this week 😡

Good move by both teams imo.  

My head is spinning with all the QB injuries and changes. Not sure about the Stafford/ Rypien situation with the Rams going to GB? Saw that Watson was practicing Wednesday. Is PJ Walker’s days as a Brown ending ? Will D Thompson-Robinson become the #2 with PJ getting shipped out? How short is the leash on Hall in Minnesota with Dobbs looking on? If Hall is fruitless I can see a Dobbs second half entrance. Heinicke used to be good. He’s got a better line and better skill position players than he had at Washington. How short is his leash with Ridder healthy, ready, willing and able. Tune at Az? I guess PJ W could get shipped to AZ as a backup. I’m sure they want a legit opportunity to evaluate Tune, as PJ would only serve as an injury replacement. And he hasn’t even been traded, lol. This has got to be Bagent’s last game as the Bears didn’t want to rush Fields back with the short Week 10 . If the Bucs begin to fade, I can see Trask getting an opportunity. 

Yes the QB position is awful this season it seems.

I have Justin Herbert on my dynasty team, and I've tried to get some depth, but that's not gone so great

46 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Yes the QB position is awful this season it seems.

I have Justin Herbert on my dynasty team, and I've tried to get some depth, but that's not gone so great

I'm in a 2QB keeper league.  Herbert was one of my keepers.  I traded my first round pick in the draft, but took Young and Stroud with back to back picks... hoping one would be serviceable.  

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm in a 2QB keeper league.  Herbert was one of my keepers.  I traded my first round pick in the draft, but took Young and Stroud with back to back picks... hoping one would be serviceable.  

😃

I started the season with Deshaun Watson as my back up, but obviously that didn't go well. I have Stroud as my back up now.  I don't plan on playing him unless something crazy happens but he's a serviceable back up. As good as anyone on waivers. He's only gonna get better.

I have Anthony Richardson on IR.

I like to draft at least one rookie QB every year and more if I can. They're great value and trade potential. It's not like the old days where rookies are terrible their first couple of seasons.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, IGotWorms said:

Heinicke is a decent option in super flex 

agreed I picked him up in my 12 team 2 QB league (which is almost the same as superflex) when Cousins season came to an abrupt end.

my only issue is we dont know if hes in for the year or if he is just in for a game or two while the coach up riddler some.   but I took the chance as he had more upside than the other scrubs available on the wire in my league

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

agreed I picked him up in my 12 team 2 QB league (which is almost the same as superflex) when Cousins season came to an abrupt end.

my only issue is we dont know if hes in for the year or if he is just in for a game or two while the coach up riddler some.   but I took the chance as he had more upside than the other scrubs available on the wire in my league

Ridder is not good, so imo, it’s Heinicke’s gig to lose 

And it’s possible Heinicke does indeed lose it.  

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ridder is not good, so imo, it’s Heinicke’s gig to lose 

I guess it comes down to how committed is the team to Riddler?

I think if it gets to a point where they are clearly out of the playoffs I think they may go back to him.

if Heinicke actually strings together a couple of wins here and look to be playoff bound, I fully agree that job becomes his (at least for this year)

Betwixt and between Heinicke with no London, or Love with no arm? I wish the kid would take off with the ball and run some. 

Rookie qbs not named Stroud tend to throw to TES. Mayer in Oak might start seeing some throws come his way