Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Daniel Jones ACL

Always blows when someone gets hurt.  One thing the Giants can be thankful for though, is that regardless of who comes in to play QB, there'll be no drop off.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Always blows when someone gets hurt.  One thing the Giants can be thankful for though, is that regardless of who comes in to play QB, there'll be no drop off.

If Tyrod was playing I'd fully agree with you.    but Tyrod is on the IR.   I'm betting there is a dropoff now because we are dealing with third string QB and guys they can get on Waivers. Not good options.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, you posit Tommy Devito or Matt Barkley can finish the season with the 6th best QBR in the NFL, and lead the Giants to a road playoff win? Methinks you are flying to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami...

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

So, you posit Tommy Devito or Matt Barkley can finish the season with the 6th best QBR in the NFL, and lead the Giants to a road playoff win? Methinks you are flying to close to the sun on the wings of pastrami...

2023: 1-5 record, 909 passing yards, two touchdowns, six INTS

:( 

3 hours ago, BufordT said:

😂. Good one!

Superflex 2 QB league ...and I'm using my #1 waiver 

He was so bad even when "healthy" he looked confused all year with the exception of the 2nd half of the game against the Cards when they tanked by using a prevent with no pressure for the last 2 quarters. The giants got worked over by his agent and they fell for the FOMO. What happens if he really turns it on this year and someone else gets that. Instead he regressed in every single way and at this point I would take fields over him any day of the week. In a season of poor qb play he has been up there as one of the worst for the money. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

You posit that Danny Dimes could have done that again? Flukey at best.

17 minutes ago, rallo said:

You posit that Danny Dimes could have done that again? Flukey at best.

Without question he could do it again. Regardless he has an exponentially better chance than Tommy Devito or Matt Barkley…

17 hours ago, jrokh said:

LOL, and you have the nerve to call other people homers. 🤣

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

If Tyrod was playing I'd fully agree with you.    but Tyrod is on the IR.   I'm betting there is a dropoff now because we are dealing with third string QB and guys they can get on Waivers. Not good options.

The way Jones has been playing?  Don't see why not.  Even if DeVito is beyond terrible, that's only a slight downgrade.... maybe.

10 hours ago, jrokh said:

Without question he could do it again. Regardless he has an exponentially better chance than Tommy Devito or Matt Barkley…

I can’t argue with that…. A .01% chance is exponentially better than a .00001% chance 

55 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, and you have the nerve to call other people homers. 🤣

No I call you a homer. Remember Blaine Gabbert is better than Trevor Lawrence… Good times…

no disgrace in being a homer.

Just make sure you understand your bias and know where it lies and dont let it affect your judgment when you pick your fantasy team. 

in another sport I dont pick from my home team unless the price is so good I'd be dumb not to take it.    otherwise my fantasy hockey team would be loaded with guys I like but not necessarily guys I'd win with.

but hey,  whatever works for you.

On kind of a related note to the Daniel Jones injury - how does it affect Saquan Barkley's production the rest of the season?  Not that Daniel Jones was any good this year when he was back there anyways, but is Saquan still Saquan and he is good to go no matter who is starting at QB?

46 minutes ago, jrokh said:

No I call you a homer. Remember Blaine Gabbert is better than Trevor Lawrence… Good times…

Oh, so comprehension is the issue?  [shocker!!!] You misunderstood.  I wasn't saying that Gabbert is/was good.  I was saying that Lawrence is a backup, much like Gabbert.  At that point, when we're talking about QB's in the 40-50, take you're pick on who you want.

Also, I don't think you can call someone a "homer", when they're right a LOT.  My guess is that you didn't like that my opinions differed from your eyes and I was right more often.  Sorry I hurt your feelings Mr. Nah-uh.

6 minutes ago, bjengel said:

On kind of a related note to the Daniel Jones injury - how does it affect Saquan Barkley's production the rest of the season?  Not that Daniel Jones was any good this year when he was back there anyways, but is Saquan still Saquan and he is good to go no matter who is starting at QB?

I don't think it changes, honestly.  Jones isn't good.  The Giants were best served to get the ball out of Jones' hand a.s.a.p., with any and every other QB they have, that should still be the goal.  Handoffs and dump offs should be a priority.

33 minutes ago, bjengel said:

Yes it makes life tougher for Saquon. Despite the protestations of the low-IQ crowd, DJ made defenses have to prepare for the threat of a deep pass, and the plus athleticism of him running. Tommy Devito is an undrafted free agent scrub. Not sure what Matt Barkley or Jacob Eason bring but probably more than Devito. Barkley Will still get enormous volume making him a good play in advantageous matchups… 

30 minutes ago, DrG said:

It’s a Giant mess.

when you have the number of injuries the team has had this year its gonna be a mess no matter how good the team is.

this season has been particularly brutal for injuries.  moreso than usual.

and the Giants have been hit hard from the look of it.   Granted they were not playing overly well before the injuries but they did look like they might be on the verge of rounding the corner.   But their season is done.  I dont see a way forward for them now.   Not this year anyhow.

48 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Yes it makes life tougher for Saquon. Despite the protestations of the low-IQ crowd, DJ made defenses have to prepare for the threat of a deep pass, and the plus athleticism of him running. Tommy Devito is an undrafted free agent scrub. Not sure what Matt Barkley or Jacob Eason bring but probably more than Devito. Barkley Will still get enormous volume making him a good play in advantageous matchups… 

To be fair, his arm talent and skill set are similar to Brock Purdy… DeVito also has solid mobility for a pocket passer. That said, of course he won’t have Purdy’s success as Giants are far worse in every aspect compared to the 9ers