Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Russell Wilson trade :o

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

I agree, he needs to go but they still need a QB. And don't give me Flacco or Stidham. Those are sample size guys, not NFL starters. 

The transaction will result in $89 million in cap charges, arising from money already paid and his 2024 fully-guaranteed compensation of $39 million. The Broncos can either take the entire hit in 2024, or they can designate Wilson as a post-June 1 release and limit the cap charge to $35.4 million in 2024 and $53.6 million in 2025.

ouch, I bet belichick will sign him

Just now, League Champion said:

I agree, he needs to go but they still need a QB. And don't give me Flacco or Stidham. Those are sample size guys, not NFL starters. 

The transaction will result in $89 million in cap charges, arising from money already paid and his 2024 fully-guaranteed compensation of $39 million. The Broncos can either take the entire hit in 2024, or they can designate Wilson as a post-June 1 release and limit the cap charge to $35.4 million in 2024 and $53.6 million in 2025.

Teams rebuild with less at QB every single year.  They are sitting at like 14 in the draft.  2 losses and they can get into the top 10.   There are like 5 QBs going in the 1st round.  

This idea that "omg whay will they do at QB" is bizarre.   Guys like Minshew have the colts in the playoffs.  Russ is good?  

Payton and Russ don't jive.  

He is getting cut.......per anyone on the internet.  Including Russ.  

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

He is getting cut

I don't doubt it but at the same time don't be shocked if they do something to keep him. 

They can't go into next year without a QB. While Russ sucks he's still a starting NFL QB. 

Again, I'm not advocating for Russ, he blows, but starting NFL QBs, good or bad don't grow on trees. 

I don't doubt it but at the same time don't be shocked if they do something to keep him. 

They can't go into next year without a QB. While Russ sucks he's still a starting NFL QB. 

Again, I'm not advocating for Russ, he blows, but starting NFL QBs, good or bad don't grow on trees. 

Why cant they?  To save their bottom half offense and bottom 3rd passing game?  Lol.  This is such a bizarre take.  

Jimmy G-Oconnell

Richardson-Minshew

Pickett-Anyone

Ridder- Anyone

These are examples just this year of the backups not being much worse or better than the starter.  

They can grab a Minshew type QB and Paytons offense may run better than it does with Russ.  

There is nothing to save here.   No Russ next year?  Oh my they win 7 games not 8!   

Also exactly what do you mean by dont be shocked they do something to keep him?

Whay would they do?  Convince him to change his whole contract around after humiliating him when he wouldn't before?  Say ok ok we change our mind you are our guy and your contract is cool?  

What exactly would happen?  Russ has thrm by the balls, he is going to do them some sort of solid?  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

They can grab a Minshew type QB and Paytons offense may run better than it does with Russ.  

I hear you and don't disagree. C'mon though, sample size Minshew is not a starting QB. If they're content winning 8 games then yes, but for what? There's no franchise QB in the wings coming to save the franchise. 

Again, I'm not saying they won't cut Russ (they probably will) but I wouldn't rule out some sort of last minute deal. Especially once Russ discovers that he has no market. 

Peyton is a nice coach, he's not Shanahan. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I hear you and don't disagree. C'mon though, sample size Minshew is not a starting QB. If they're content winning 8 games then yes, but for what? There's no franchise QB in the wings coming to save the franchise. 

Again, I'm not saying they won't cut Russ (they probably will) but I wouldn't rule out some sort of last minute deal. Especially once Russ discovers that he has no market. 

Peyton is a nice coach, he's not Shanahan. 

If they keep Russ they are saying they are content with winning 8 games.  Whats the difference?

What would a restructure be?  They still pay him oodles of money but move it around?  He is getting 39 mill next year from them.  I think hes fine.  

It is obvious Payton doesn't want Russ as his QB.  The franchise totally screwed up.  

You act like every franchise has some guy waiting and a big plan at QB each year.  Many teams each and every year use stop gap QBs on the cheap.  

This idea of panic that if they lose Russ they won't have a guy to play QB, is bizarre.  They don't have a SB roster.  They have no young talent coming up.  What exactly do they need to protect here?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Payton and Russ don't jive. 

Clearly this. The insane cap hit ensures the Broncos are gonna suck balls next year. From a football standpoint, they'd be better off waiting a year or two. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be outraged. Next season is already over. Probably '25 too. 

I bet the Chiefs and Chargers are loving it.  The Broncos and Raiders will be 4 doormat games for the next two years.

The Broncos don’t have a strong running game, Sutton is injured and it’s only been 2 years. Are they thinking about cutting Derek Carr and he even has weapons.
The problem isn’t Russell. 

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

The Broncos don’t have a strong running game, Sutton is injured and it’s only been 2 years. Are they thinking about cutting David Carr and he even has weapons.
The problem isn’t Russell. 

This is over your head.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is over your head.

Please explain it to me. Help me understand.

Maybe they should get rid of the coach! Maybe the coach is trying to save his own behind by trying to fault the QB! 

24 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Clearly this. The insane cap hit ensures the Broncos are gonna suck balls next year. From a football standpoint, they'd be better off waiting a year or two. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be outraged. Next season is already over. Probably '25 too. 

I bet the Chiefs and Chargers are loving it.  The Broncos and Raiders will be 4 doormat games for the next two years.

I don’t think the Chiefs or Chargers are good enough to count on 4 doormat games per year.

22 minutes ago, peenie said:

Please explain it to me. Help me understand.

Broncos wanted Rodgers hired his former coach.  That didn't work out so they pivoted to Russ l8ke desperate people, traded way too much and paid him way too much.  Russ was horrible last year.  So they go get Sean Payton.  Whos offense doesn't fit Russ.  He had Drew Brees a pocket guy who made quick throws.  Their pass game is better this year but still meh.  They don't have many picks.  They have no cap space.  They cant go anywhere as is. 

If Russ gets hurt in the final 2 weeks and can't pass a physical then they are on the hook for loads of 2025 money.  So they sat him to protect themselves since with the current setup there is no winning future.  

Russ isn't good enough anymore to take that much cap space up and win with limited talent they have because they traded away so many good picks.  So instead of spinning wheels they decided to basically cut bait now and save money in the future.  

It isn't exactly a you are the problem we are benching you thing.  It is a save money thing because the alternative is wallowing around in mediocrity for a few years anyway.  

The owner and GM screwed this up.  It is a move to basically cut losses and protect themselves from Russ getting injured.  They shot their foot off basically.   They are trying to save 1 or 2 toes.  

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t think the Chiefs or Chargers are good enough to count on 4 doormat games per year.

Agree, the Chiefs are in trouble, too much Kelce dependent. Teams have figured out how to isolate Kelce. Without him going off they have nothing. 

Agree, the Chiefs are in trouble, too much Kelce dependent. Teams have figured out how to isolate Kelce. Without him going off they have nothing. 

Rashee Rice is good.  

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Broncos wanted Rodgers hired his former coach.  That didn't work out so they pivoted to Russ l8ke desperate people, traded way too much and paid him way too much.  Russ was horrible last year.  So they go get Sean Payton.  Whos offense doesn't fit Russ.  He had Drew Brees a pocket guy who made quick throws.  Their pass game is better this year but still meh.  They don't have many picks.  They have no cap space.  They cant go anywhere as is. 

If Russ gets hurt in the final 2 weeks and can't pass a physical then they are on the hook for loads of 2025 money.  So they sat him to protect themselves since with the current setup there is no winning future.  

Russ isn't good enough anymore to take that much cap space up and win with limited talent they have because they traded away so many good picks.  So instead of spinning wheels they decided to basically cut bait now and save money in the future.  

It isn't exactly a you are the problem we are benching you thing.  It is a save money thing because the alternative is wallowing around in mediocrity for a few years anyway.  

The owner and GM screwed this up.  It is a move to basically cut losses and protect themselves from Russ getting injured.  They shot their foot off basically.   They are trying to save 1 or 2 toes.  

I agree with everything you said but it's more of a Peyton can't work with Wilson type of thing, more so than a money thing. Money is not the ultimate factor. Wilson was not great, not horrible either, QB9 on the season. 

Even by releasing Wilson they are still on the hook for a shizz ton of money and still need to pay a different QB (where's the savings?). It's not like they just dump Wilson, draft a stud and everything is good. There's still a lot of $$$ at play. Not to mention they are still void of talent at most positions with or without Wilson. They better be prepared to suck, for a while. 

I understand the move but I think it's more of a Sean Payton issue than a Russell Wilson issue. 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Steelers could spin the wheel.

of gutless bums?

I agree with everything you said but it's more of a Peyton can't work with Wilson type of thing, more so than a money thing. Money is not the ultimate factor. Wilson was not great, not horrible either, QB9 on the season. 

Even by releasing Wilson they are still on the hook for a shizz ton of money and still need to pay a different QB (where's the savings?). It's not like they just dump Wilson, draft a stud and everything is good. There's still a lot of $$$ at play. Not to mention they are still void of talent at most positions with or without Wilson. They better be prepared to suck, for a while. 

I understand the move but I think it's more of a Sean Payton issue than a Russell Wilson issue. 

That's what teams do who rebuild.  Be willing to suck for a while.  You act like this is so foreign...lol.  not every team is competing for a SB every single year.  You act like they have to.  

I am really confused by your stance on this.

Where are the savings?  Lol.  What? 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Fields to Atlanta for a first and a second. 

Is that all? Steal.  Eye roll.  

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Nobody is trading a 1st for Fields. 😂 

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I actually like that for them. They won't find better where they're drafting. I don't think it would take a 1 & 2 though. I think a 1 should easily get it done, especially with them drafting a QB. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

lol :blink:

I know teams are dumb and desperate.   (Denver)

But it is hard to imagine they gwt anywhere close to that.  

If you were just sarcastically hoping, then that makes sense.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Nobody is trading a 1st for Fields. 😂 

I disagree. Some coach or GM will see the upside. It's not like Chicago did Fields any favors. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I actually like that for them. They won't find better where they're drafting. I don't think it would take a 1 & 2 though. I think a 1 should easily get it done, especially with them drafting a QB. 

People will be surprised. But a 1, yes. 

I disagree. Some coach or GM will see the upside. It's not like Chicago did Fields any favors. 

Im not saying it is impossible to find a stupid GM.  

But I would doubt they get a 1st round pick.  Unless a 2nd was coming back or something.  

What upside? He’s among the worst starting QBs in the league.

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why cant they?  To save their bottom half offense and bottom 3rd passing game?  Lol.  This is such a bizarre take.  

Jimmy G-Oconnell

Richardson-Minshew

Pickett-Anyone

Ridder- Anyone

These are examples just this year of the backups not being much worse or better than the starter.  

There is nothing to save here.   No Russ next year?  Oh my they win 7 games not 8!   

Forget grabbing a guy like Minshew.  They can grab Minshew himself.  He’s a UFA after this season and a better fit for Payton.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not saying it is impossible to find a stupid GM.  

But I would doubt they get a 1st round pick.  Unless a 2nd was coming back or something.  

I could see that. Perhaps a 1st round pick and getting a 3 back. 

Don't forget how bad the QB position is in the NFL. Atlanta has the #10 pick. They won't have a crack at a franchise QB, so why not give up a 1 and see how Fields does in a new offense. Why not, what better options are there? 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

What upside? He’s among the worst starting QBs in the league.

He's also playing with the worst head coach in the league in a horrific offense. 

He's been in a different offense every year in Chicago. 

I'd trade #10 overall for Fields. It's not like you're locked in to a long term big money deal. What's the risk? 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I could see that. Perhaps a 1st round pick and getting a 3 back. 

Don't forget how bad the QB position is in the NFL. Atlanta has the #10 pick. They won't have a crack at a franchise QB, so why not give up a 1 and see how Fields does in a new offense. Why not, what better options are there? 

I predicted Fields to ATL today.  Im not saying ATL shouldn't do it. I am saying in all likelihood the Bears arent getting back what is being throw around in this thread.  Unless they get lucky and find some dumb team.  

He's also playing with the worst head coach in the league in a horrific offense. 

I'd trade #10 overall for Fields. It's not like you're locked in to a long term big money deal. What's the risk? 

Duh Bears are going to draft a QB at 1 and decline Fields 5th year option. Why would any team spend a first on a QB who obviously sucks and will be a FA in a year? :doh: 

6 minutes ago, League Champion said:

The risk is giving up a premium pick to grab a guy who has already basically proven to be a beloe average passer.  

You don't just throw away picks like Denver.   

They should go after him.  I wouldnt, and doubt they need to give up the 10th overall pick for a guy who wasnt picked that high 3 years ago and has shown no progress with passing.  

GMs would love to see you coming.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Duh Bears are going to draft a QB at 1 

No shizz dumbass. The team picking up Fields would still have FULL CONTROL going forth regardless of the option.