Ron_Artest

This economy is so bad

4 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I could say the same for you. So what? Why is your story special but others not.

Why is yours?  I responded to you and your story.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

Why is yours?  I responded to you and your story.

Because mine is far more typical story than yours. The national unemployment average is essentially what it was before all this occurred.

Asking if people are better off four years ago than they are today might not be the best question. Four years ago things were not good. 

Whatever Bert says is good with me, he bought me birthday dinner. Similar to Trump when he sent me 1400. 

22 minutes ago, Reality said:

Never screamed it was horrible, talk to your boy ravens fan.

Never said that you screamed it was horrible, that was Bert.  You aren't good at reading.

2 hours ago, Reality said:

Sure, how is inflation down bigly, exactly? I hope you don't believe that a slower rate of year over year growth actually means inflation is down.

It's still going up...

That would be a pretty bad look, even for somebody as dumb as you.

:dunno:

You're also not food at math.  Inflation is not still going up.  Now are you going to admit that or continue with your clown show?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Asking if people are better off four years ago than they are today might not be the best question.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Exactly.

I def would not be asking this if I were Trump’s campaign. It makes no sense.

29 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Never said that you screamed it was horrible, that was Bert.  You aren't good at reading.

You're also not food at math.  Inflation is not still going up.  Now are you going to admit that or continue with your clown show?

Inflation isn’t as high. It’s still going up. HTH. 

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Data is your friend.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

It's a downward trend the past 12 months.

It’s still going up. I’ll try to explain it to you like you don’t have a minor in finance.  Let’s say you were building an apartment building. In the first year you built 9 stories. In the second year you built 3. The apartment building is still getting taller, just not as fast, and the original 9 stories remain.   HTH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s still going up. I’ll try to explain it to you like you don’t have a minor in finance.  Let’s say you were building an apartment building. In the first year you built 9 stories. In the second year you built 3. The apartment building is still getting taller, just not as fast, and the original 9 stories remain.   HTH. 

Can you point to a moment in time over the last 50 years when inflation "went down" boyo?

You seem upset we don't have deflation.  But you really don't know all that much now do you.

SAD

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah bro you clearly don't understand economics.  Let me explain it to you like you're 5, and you might actually be 5.

Inflation is not a bad thing.  Low inflation is a good thing, which is why the target is 2%.  Inflation incentivizes people to spend their money.  If people know their money will be worth 2% less next year, they will be more inclined to either spend the money or invest it elsewhere, which creates economic growth.  This is good.

What you're asking for is deflation, which is bad.  During deflationary periods, people will hoard cash, which limits growth, resulting in more hoarding and a downward spiral.  This is bad.  To use your ass backwards analogy, it would be like destroying stories on an apartment building, not good.

During inflationary periods, while CPIs increase, so do wages and salaries.  The goal is for them to be equal, or even have earnings increase more than prices.  It's all a delicate balance but trying to keep this at a 5 year old understanding, I'll leave it at that.

Does this make sense to you?  Any questions?  Hopefully this will be the end of your idiotic posts about how you want to see deflation.

59 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Yeah, I can't really help you.

Nobody needs your 4th grade understanding of inflation explained to them. 

We were at 50+ year highs, inflation rate of growth has slowed from those 50 year highs, still 2 times what it needs to be. 

Carry on.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

Yeah bro you clearly don't understand economics.  Let me explain it to you like you're 5, and you might actually be 5.

Inflation is not a bad thing.  Low inflation is a good thing, which is why the target is 2%.  Inflation incentivizes people to spend their money.  If people know their money will be worth 2% less next year, they will be more inclined to either spend the money or invest it elsewhere, which creates economic growth.  This is good.

What you're asking for is deflation, which is bad.  During deflationary periods, people will hoard cash, which limits growth, resulting in more hoarding and a downward spiral.  This is bad.  To use your ass backwards analogy, it would be like destroying stories on an apartment building, not good.

During inflationary periods, while CPIs increase, so do wages and salaries.  The goal is for them to be equal, or even have earnings increase more than prices.  It's all a delicate balance but trying to keep this at a 5 year old understanding, I'll leave it at that.

Does this make sense to you?  Any questions?  Hopefully this will be the end of your idiotic posts about how you want to see deflation.

Yeah, so anything over 2 pct would be considered inflation going up then? 

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yeah, I can't really help you.

Nobody needs your 4th grade understanding of inflation explained to them. 

We were at 50+ year highs, inflation rate of growth has slowed from those 50 year highs, still 2 times what it needs to be. 

Carry on.

I don’t think they covered compounding in those minor in finance classes. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, so anything over 2 pct would be considered inflation going up then? 

No.  See when you go from 9% to 4% inflation, then that is inflation going down.  9 is a smaller number than 4.  Make sense?

• Sad 1

I guess gas prices deflating wouldn’t be a good thing. 

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

No.  See when you go from 9% to 4% inflatoin, then that is inflation going down.  9 is a smaller number than 4.  Make sense?

So if I made 9 pct in the stock market one year then made 4 pct the next I was losing money? 

Gas up $0.30 this past couple weeks.  Halfway back to all time highs.  The inflation rate is teetering on ticking back up at least until June/July.  That's why the feds haven't cut rates yet.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess gas prices deflating wouldn’t be a good thing. 

Energy costs are a small factor of inflation, so lowered energy costs would theoretically reduce inflation by a factor.  Lowered energy costs could also spur economic activity.

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So if I made 9 pct in the stock market one year then made 4 pct the next I was losing money? 

No, you're still making money, but your rate of return is lower.

Energy costs are a small factor of inflation, so lowered energy costs would theoretically reduce inflation by a factor.  Lowered energy costs could also spur economic activity.

I guess food costs deflating would be a bad thing? 

No, you're still making money, but your rate of return is lower.

So just like inflation then. The costs are still going up, just at a slower rate. I have that right? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I guess food costs deflating would be a bad thing? 

I'm really starting to believe you are in fact a child.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So just like inflation then. The costs are still going up, just at a slower rate. I have that right? 

🤦‍♂️

Yes, costs of goods and services have increased since they were first calculated back in the early 20s.  Again, that's not a bad thing.  Please see my earlier explanation.

2 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

🤦‍♂️

Yes, costs of goods and services have increased since they were first calculated back in the early 20s.  Again, that's not a bad thing.  Please see my earlier explanation.

You adeptly explained that inflation is still increasing above the 2 pct bench mark, in contrast to your earlier claims that inflation is going down.  Thank you and goodnight. 

Last year’s 4th quarter GDP was revised up to 3.4%.

We were supposed to be in recession. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

Well you're not food at spelling!!!

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You adeptly explained that inflation is still increasing above the 2 pct bench mark, in contrast to your earlier claims that inflation is going down.  Thank you and goodnight. 

I accept your surrender.

Something I recently learned about are WARN notices that companies need to file (federal act) when lay offs are done. 

However, many larger companies (includes nearly every industry - manufacturing, tech, banking, universities, etc) can circumvent filing how many they are laying off if they offer a paid period of time for "job seeking" before an employee is officially laid off. 

This can drastically skew numbers of how many people are actually laid off or without a job. So, I am not sure I trust these numbers that are coming out, and I am not surprised that they are constantly recalculated. 

Core inflation up YOY just 2.8% in February.

Consumer spending exploding.

Biden's economy is legit the the strongest the US has experienced in 25 years.

Great job Joe!

Wow. Consumer spending is up. I can’t imagine why. Derp. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. Consumer spending is up. I can’t imagine why. Derp. 

LOL

Are you right about anything?  Ask yourself this genius, is consumer spending UP during bad economic times?

And before your dim, tiny brain says "INFLATION' please remember that it's YOY spending.  Inflation is DOWN bigly boyo.

You're literally wrong about everything.

Love this for you.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:25 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Well you're not food at spelling!!!

:first: 

On 3/28/2024 at 2:50 PM, TheNewGirl said:

Something I recently learned about are WARN notices that companies need to file (federal act) when lay offs are done. 

However, many larger companies (includes nearly every industry - manufacturing, tech, banking, universities, etc) can circumvent filing how many they are laying off if they offer a paid period of time for "job seeking" before an employee is officially laid off. 

This can drastically skew numbers of how many people are actually laid off or without a job. So, I am not sure I trust these numbers that are coming out, and I am not surprised that they are constantly recalculated.