Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Time to Fire Some Coaches

7-10 every year.

Definitely mediocre, but is it that horrible, considering he never had a QB?

Unless Tom Brady is lured out of retirement, I say it's time for the hoodie to go. He obviously can't win without him.

Is Vrabel's job safe?  I think it should be, but I'm not really in toon with the goings ons in Nashville.  From the outside, I see a guy come in and wins 2 playoff games with a 9-win team... then wins the division the next 2 years and got bumped in the first round both times... followed by 2 losing seasons.  Their best player (Henry), is washed up and they need a new QB.  Do they give him the chance get a QB with pick #7 (or trade up), or do they look elsewhere?

Is Doug Pederson safe?  Comes to a team to rescue them from the party animal and wins 9 games.  The following year, they're at 8 wins with 6 to play, and they lose 5 of them.... 4 of those 5 losses were to backup QB's.  Despite upgrades to the offense, his QB's comp% went down, his TD% went down, and his Int% went up.  As hard as it is to believe, Lawrence did regress as a passer.

I'm going to guess that the Chargers will be looking for someone else.

Looks like Belichick is going to be leaving New England.

Is Ron Rivera safe?  Been there 4 years and 0 winning seasons.  Now, he never did have a franchise QB, does that get him another year?  He's going to have the #2 pick in the draft this year, will they let Rivera pick the guy or start fresh?

Daboll screwed up with the Jones deal, do they bring him back?

I'm thinking that Carolina will be looking for a new coach as well.

Are the Raiders going to keep Pierce?

I have a feeling that Belichick ends up in LA or Carolina.  Just a hunch.

Pretty quiet black Monday.  Besides the guys who are already gone in Vegas, Carolina, Washington, and LA, I'd be moving on from Belichick or at the very least relieving him of his gm duties.

Just now, nobody said:

Pretty quiet black Monday.  Besides the guys who are already gone in Vegas, Carolina, Washington, and LA, I'd be moving on from Belichick or at the very least relieving him of his gm duties.

Word is, that’s what they’re thinking.

And, surprisingly, it seems he may be open to it.

Even though his QB situation was bad ARTHUR SMITH is NOT a head.coach, IMO. He severely underused and hampered the possible production from an excelllant back in BIJAN ROBINSON. Maybe the next head coach for Atlanta will.use.Bujan the right way.and if si he could.easily be a top 5 RB next year. He will.surely be a target I'll be looking to draft in 2024.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:04 PM, Mike FF Today said:

First to go is Arthur Smith from the Falcons...

:cheers:

On 1/8/2024 at 8:46 AM, Mike FF Today said:

:cheers:

Yes, Arthur Smith, Ron Rivera, and Mike Vrabel (and that coach already fired from the Chargers) are and have been the worst head coaches by far in the league. So good to see them gone. These teams all now have a very good chance to be fun to watch and put up more points and win more games.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:42 PM, IGotWorms said:

7-10 every year.

Definitely mediocre, but is it that horrible, considering he never had a QB?

Yes, it's horrible, he manages to eek out just enough wins to keep them from the highest draft picks and to keep them from even being close to a Super Bowl contender, worst of the worst. That roster even with Ridder should be a 9 or more win team.

My Grandson is a Commanders fan and.he was happy to finally see Rivera gone. He probably.wants Eric 'Sleeping with' Bienemy(Chris Berman plug) become the new head coach but don't know if he's the right choice for the job. Actually, if Bill Belichick parts ways with the PATS I'd like to see him get the Washington job. They do have the #2 pick and Bill could get the QB he wants to groom him in hope of maybe re-creating a little Tom Brady magic. Regardless, the Commanders have been a disaster for years and it'd be good to see them finally get a decent head coach that could drag them out of the football quagmire they've been in for years. So my vote would be for them to hire Belichick but not sure that'll happen.

1 hour ago, DocNiner said:

My Grandson is a Commanders fan and.he was happy to finally see Rivera gone. He probably.wants Eric 'Sleeping with' Bienemy(Chris Berman plug) become the new head coach but don't know if he's the right choice for the job. Actually, if Bill Belichick parts ways with the PATS I'd like to see him get the Washington job. They do have the #2 pick and Bill could get the QB he wants to groom him in hope of maybe re-creating a little Tom Brady magic. Regardless, the Commanders have been a disaster for years and it'd be good to see them finally get a decent head coach that could drag them out of the football quagmire they've been in for years. So my vote would be for them to hire Belichick but not sure that'll happen.

I doubt Belichick is looking for a full rebuild at his age. He needs to win now to chase that record

44 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I doubt Belichick is looking for a full rebuild at his age. He needs to win now to chase that record

I agree.  I think he looks for a job like the Chargers.

Have been reading up on the Commanders  options, and assuming Harbaugh doesn’t happen, I’m intrigued by the Lions OC (Johnson) and Ravens DC (MacDonald).  Would prefer a young candidate.

Once the Cowboys lose in the playoffs, the Hoody would be a great fit.  Team has a lot of upside.  

So the jobs ranked in order of most appealing to worst presumably are:

1. Chargers 
  2. Alabama
  3. Atlanta 
  4. Seattle 
  5. Tennessee
  6. Las Vegas
  7. Washington 
  8. New England
  9. Carolina

On 1/10/2024 at 3:46 PM, weepaws said:

Once the Cowboys lose in the playoffs, the Hoody would be a great fit.  Team has a lot of upside.  

👍

On 1/10/2024 at 9:55 PM, nobody said:

So the jobs ranked in order of most appealing to worst presumably are:

1. Chargers 
  2. Alabama
  3. Atlanta 
  4. Seattle 
  5. Tennessee
  6. Las Vegas
  7. Washington 
  8. New England
  9. Carolina

Chargers have a horrible owner.  They care nothing about winning.  Just because they are in LA and have Herbert doesn't make them the #1 option.  Cali taxes, one of the worst ownership groups in NFL, tough division.  You look at the salary cap space the Chargers have??  (vomit)  Very likely not otherwise you would've shied away putting them at the top spot.

Skins and Pats have picks #2 and 3 in the draft with 2 of the top 3 most salary cap space in the league....WAS #1 and NE #3.... Titans are #2 and Vegas #10.  TONS of cap room.  

Titans and owner are gunning for new stadium and she is committed to winning Super Bowl at any cost (allegedly).  

Seattle has one of the best owners in football.  As does NE.  

Not sure why Bama is even listed....

1. Atlanta (talent, ownership, shitty division) /  Washington (cap space and Caleb Williams) 
3. Seattle /  NE / Tenn 
6. Vegas / Chargers
8. Panthers 

Nah, chargers is the best job.  A good coach is in the championship game with that roster.

53 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In before the McCarthy firing :lock:

He should have been fired and Dak cut at halftime