Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Top 5 Fantasy Football WRs for 2024

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

I made one for all the main fantasy positions but for whatever reason only the WR one is popular 😆

It was in hopes of kind of gauging the rankings through the offseason. See how they may change with FA, the draft, injuries, or anything else that may happen before next season.

Right now though, yeah it's mostly for fun

You should possibly bump your other posts, so people comment more.

18 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know if hes that much of a dark horse.... hes a pretty damn good WR.    another step in his development (assuming he hasnt peaked yet) and he could be deadly good.

He's at that point in his career when he might make a Lamb-like leap this year. 

14 hours ago, FrancieFootball said:

He's at that point in his career when he might make a Lamb-like leap this year. 

it is certainly possible.   I love the talent this guy has.

I viewed him as pretty much a cant miss pick at the NFL draft in his draft year and he has not disappointed.

You guys have put a lot of good receivers on this prospective list and anyone of them are certainly capable of putting up top 5 numbers. What I'm proposing now could be a little fatr fetched but would like to see your thoughts on this guy and could he be capable of being top 5 this coming season. Over the last few years we've seen several rookie receivers come in to the league and simply ball out. This year the WR class is very deep with a lot of talent. Depending on where he lands in the draft is there a chance that rookie receiver MARVIN HARRISON JR. could put up numbers that would put him in the top 5 in production? Most would agree that he us the top receiver in this year's draft.class so what say you.guys.on this alpha receiver?

1 hour ago, DocNiner said:

You guys have put a lot of good receivers on this prospective list and anyone of them are certainly capable of putting up top 5 numbers. What I'm proposing now could be a little fatr fetched but would like to see your thoughts on this guy and could he be capable of being top 5 this coming season. Over the last few years we've seen several rookie receivers come in to the league and simply ball out. This year the WR class is very deep with a lot of talent. Depending on where he lands in the draft is there a chance that rookie receiver MARVIN HARRISON JR. could put up numbers that would put him in the top 5 in production? Most would agree that he us the top receiver in this year's draft.class so what say you.guys.on this alpha receiver?

In a keeper type league I would try to get him early, in a redraft I’m not going to list him as a first rd pick.  

6 hours ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

I am all over Harrison in a keeper league, even more so if he ends up with a decent QB

Harrison might be top 5 right now regardless of where he lands. 

If Marvin Harrison Jr. turns out to be as good as he is touted during his rookie year then YES he has a real chance of finishing as a top 5 WR. In fact Puka Nacua finished as a top 5 receiver last year as a rookie. If he goes to Arizona at pick 4 as has been projected he has an excellant chance of putting up very good numbers. He should certainly be the top pick in rookie fantasy drafts this year.

I think my top 5 currently are:  tyreek, jefferson, ceedee - plus 2 early gut feelings for tank dell and drake london.   

As for other popular choices: I think amon will have too much competition from leporta to be top 5.   Puka was good this year but Stafford seems to pick one guy per year, I dont trust that kupp wont take over too much of the role again.  Chase is good, but AFC north is too good right now to allow for a top5 WR imo.  Olave - the saints just never seem to use him as a WR1 when it matters plus a lot of TD's get vultured within the 20.  Same argument for AJ brown - Tds are hard to come by on the eagles and they don't throw the ball enough to make him a top 5 guy.     

We'll see how much this changes as we see landing spots of FA and drafted players.  

Based what you said about Laporta, can give some numbers that you think St Brown will achieve next season?  

On 2/28/2024 at 8:05 AM, DocNiner said:

I guess it's possible, but not likely. I'm not saying he's gonna suck or even have a bad rookie season but top 5 will likely mean he puts up over 100 catches 1500+ yards and double digit TDs. I just don't see that. Especially considering he's likely gonna go to a team with a bad QB and offense, like the Patriots or Commanders.

I could see top 10, but top 5? Very unlikely

On 2/25/2024 at 12:20 PM, Super Cubs said:

who is getting creative with their top 5. Most list have the same 3 or 4 players Hill, Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, and only the 5th and sometimes the 4th changing.   

if it is about being creative I would like to change mine to

Puka

AJ Brown

Higgins

Evans

Odunze

The nugget I take from this is that you think Odunze has the best chance of all the rookies to crack the top 5.  Obviously, it is near impossible to rank the rookies until we see where they land and get some camp/depth chart reports (and even those are a bit like reading tea leaves).  Are you expecting him to land in a better situation than Harrison or do you think he is actually a better prospect than Harrison (or were you really just being creative and throwing out one of the top rookies at random).  Leagues will be won on guessing right on which of the top guys won't even crack the top 20 and which rookies/sleepers will get into the 5 or 10. 

DJ Moore on my team last year and I could keep him. He finished 6th in total WR points and 10th in WR pts per game. Caleb Williams to DJ Moore, could be in for a really big year. 

Another guy that could have a sneaky good year is McLaurin.  Top 5 would be a bold prediction, but with a new coaching staff (maybe a QB upgrade? or some growth from Howell), he could be a later round league winner.

J Reed Packers.  

On 3/2/2024 at 7:10 PM, Showboat said:

The nugget I take from this is that you think Odunze has the best chance of all the rookies to crack the top 5.  Obviously, it is near impossible to rank the rookies until we see where they land and get some camp/depth chart reports (and even those are a bit like reading tea leaves).  Are you expecting him to land in a better situation than Harrison or do you think he is actually a better prospect than Harrison (or were you really just being creative and throwing out one of the top rookies at random).  Leagues will be won on guessing right on which of the top guys won't even crack the top 20 and which rookies/sleepers will get into the 5 or 10. 

More so just throwing a random rookie prospect into the mix.