Mike FF Today

Super Bowl LVIII: Chiefs vs. 49ers

The best indication of who will win the SB in past years, especially when it’s blatant, is the team who gets put there by the Ref’s.  This year is one of those years…Chiefs were handed the AFC Championship.  Best comparisons I can recall are giving Brady a SB in Tampa, and giving the Patriots the SB after 9/11 with the tuck rule. This is the Taylor Swift year, but I’m not so sure they script the Chiefs the win.  I think it was more just having them get there because they wanted to capture that pre-teen girl demographic.  Just go back and read this thread…how many times her name came up in these posts.  This Chiefs team isn’t explosive, and will struggle to score points.  If I were going to bet this game it would be the Niners and the under.  Unfortunately this is one of those years that you have to be weary of the fix because of a back story the NFL has been milking for months.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

The best indication of who will win the SB in past years, especially when it’s blatant, is the team who gets put there by the Ref’s.  This year is one of those years…Chiefs were handed the AFC Championship.  Best comparisons I can recall are giving Brady a SB in Tampa, and giving the Patriots the SB after 9/11 with the tuck rule. This is the Taylor Swift year, but I’m not so sure they script the Chiefs the win.  I think it was more just having them get there because they wanted to capture that pre-teen girl demographic.  Just go back and read this thread…how many times her name came up in these posts.  This Chiefs team isn’t explosive, and will struggle to score points.  If I were going to bet this game it would be the Niners and the under.  Unfortunately this is one of those years that you have to be weary of the fix because of a back story the NFL has been milking for months.  Good luck!

Yeah, the NFL has milked the Swift thing.and I've been guilty of it as well poking fun at the situation. Still, when we get down to brass tacks about the game I just feel that the 49ers have better and more talented personnel than the Chiefs, Mahomes excluded. Out side of Mahomes we have better tent on offense. Our defense can hold their own and should be able to hold the Chiefs under 30 pts. So I guess it'll be a race to 30 pts ,which I don't think we'll have trouble getting there.

3 hours ago, JagFan said:

How were the Chiefs handed the AFC Championship game by anyone other than the Ravens?

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

How were the Chiefs handed the AFC Championship game by anyone other than the Ravens?

You should see if you can find a replay and actually watch the game.  On the Ravens last drive alone, two WRs were tackled by a defender while the ball was in the air on separate plays.  The no calls were pathetic, and I didn’t really care who won the game.

3 minutes ago, JagFan said:

You should see if you can find a replay and actually watch the game.  On the Ravens last drive alone, two WRs were tackled by a defender while the ball was in the air on separate plays.  The no calls were pathetic, and I didn’t really care who won the game.

Oh okay, the Ravens lost because of the refs, not Lamar Jackson playing like sh!t or Zay Flowers fumbling and melting down, got it!

19 minutes ago, polecatt said:

Oh okay, the Ravens lost because of the refs, not Lamar Jackson playing like sh!t or Zay Flowers fumbling and melting down, got it!

Considering they were driving to tie the game up.  But, to your point, the Ravens played poorly and still should’ve won.  That’s why SF wins tonight by double digits if this game is called fairly.  I’m glad we agree.

Just now, JagFan said:

Ravens played poorly and still should’ve won

No, they shouldn't of won and didn't win. They sucked and deserved nothing. 

The QB layed an egg like he always does in the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Yeah, the NFL has milked the Swift thing.and I've been guilty of it as well poking fun at the situation. Still, when we get down to brass tacks about the game I just feel that the 49ers have better and more talented personnel than the Chiefs, Mahomes excluded. Out side of Mahomes we have better tent on offense. Our defense can hold their own and should be able to hold the Chiefs under 30 pts. So I guess it'll be a race to 30 pts ,which I don't think we'll have trouble getting there.

****-- Also, my wife just told me that TAYLOR SWIFT apparently stumbled and fell but catching herself during a music set while performing in Tokyo. Hmmm, I guess.now the CHIEFS will want to put her on the INJURY REPORT. HA- FRIGGING-HA. Just hilarious. Maybe Travis will.send one of his trainers up to the luxury box to give Swifty some therapy during the game. So, I guess she'll officially be listed as QUESTIONABLE for her facetime.durjng the game.

15 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

****-- Also, my wife just told me that TAYLOR SWIFT apparently stumbled and fell but catching herself during a music set while performing in Tokyo. Hmmm, I guess.now the CHIEFS will want to put her on the INJURY REPORT. HA- FRIGGING-HA. Just hilarious. Maybe Travis will.send one of his trainers up to the luxury box to give Swifty some therapy during the game. So, I guess she'll officially be listed as QUESTIONABLE for her facetime.durjng the game.

Oh no!  They should postpone the game until she’s healthy.

Based on the bets I've booked...

KC wins, okay

SF wins by one, okay

SF wins by 3 or more, ideal

SF wins by exactly 2, not great.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:18 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

Good Lord, imagine that trust fund if they have kids💰

U know Travis is shooting goo up in there 

On 2/1/2024 at 4:32 PM, polecatt said:

I agree.

People are talking about the offense, and the WRs dropping passes. All that stuff.

Their defense has quietly held down the fort and shut down 3 of the best offenses in the AFC.

100% correct.

The Chiefs D has been the unsung hero of this team.  very effective but nobody is talking about them.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:17 PM, nobody said:

Chiefs defense might be the best unit on the field.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

The Chiefs D has been the unsung hero of this team.  very effective but nobody is talking about them.

Indeed

I find it very amusing that no one is talking about the activation of McKinnon. He is the government psyop we should all be talking about.

Inactives -

49ers: WR Ronnie Bell, OL Matt Pryor, DL Alex Barrett, DL T.Y. McGill, LB Jalen Graham, CB Samuel Womack, QB Brandon Allen

Chiefs: WR Kadarius Toney, RB La’Mical Perine, DE BJ Thompson, CB Ekow Boye-Doe, LB Darius Harris, WR Justyn Ross

Good luck KC fans, and Good luck Niners fans.  I ended up not betting on the game , didn’t find anything I wanted to buy.  

9 hours ago, JagFan said:

Considering they were driving to tie the game up.  But, to your point, the Ravens played poorly and still should’ve won.  That’s why SF wins tonight by double digits if this game is called fairly.  I’m glad we agree.

bump…refs letting them play and Travis Swift choking the coach.  Thank you NFL

How long is the halftime show going to be?  God damn.

Chiefs are getting away with a ton of holding.  

• Like 1

Why on earth would you take the ball first with these rules?  Now when the chiefs stop the 49ers, they'll know they just need a FG to win.

If by some miracle the 49ers score, the chiefs know exactly what to beat.

• Like 1

And the most predictable ending ever after the 49ers did that.

It's simple, the Chiefs have Patrick Mahomes and the other 31 teams don't

On 1/29/2024 at 12:25 AM, Maximum Overkill said:

Opening odds: 49ers -2.5, O/U 47.5

I'll take the Chiefs all day everyday and twice on Sunday, and the over!! 

Thank you! Missed the over by .5 😢

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Chiefs are getting away with a ton of holding.  

Seemed like both teams got away with holding. Refs swallowed the whistle for the most part, just like they typically do in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

And the most predictable ending ever after the 49ers did that.

maybe.   Usually I put my prediction up for superbowl.  for some reason I didnt do that today.

My prediction was that San Fran would win a reasonably close one.

but I said that thinking..... if San fran gets more than 24 points, they likely win.  if they dont..... KC has a good chance.    and thats exactly how it played out.   San Fran got the early lead, but KC kept hanging around.    Then made it close, got  a break on a turnover and suddenly the game turned on its head.   but given how late it was in the game I knew that KC's experience would likely give them an advantage that may possibly go beyond skill.    Turns out it did go beyond skill. 

it was a veteran team beating a younger, better team without experience.   Thats what this is.   They played subpar most of the regular season and all those mistakes and bad drops in the regular season disappeared come playoff time.   While they did turn the ball over in this last game, it wasnt disasterous in terms of consequences.   They still won.   San Frans turnovers were a little more costly in terms of timing and the way it seemed to affect the flow of the game.

for me, that was the difference.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:44 PM, LaChup said:

Two-Team Parlay - KC ML +110 and Under 48 -120 (buy .5 point)

$100 to win $285

You're welcome.

Does anyone know if this one hit or not?

9 minutes ago, LaChup said:

It's your bet, wouldn't you know?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LaChup said:

👍 congrats. 

• Like 1