The Real timschochet

Timmy’s thread for general discussion

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Yea, I can understand your point of view. He seems to have been annoying as fock about it and shouldn't have done that and should know what official nomination means and when it occurs. Biden could still lose (be replaced due to health or other reasons (even if unlikely) at the time of the Dem National Convention.

Annoying as fock? 
Right after  we made the bet, @Engorgeous George wrote that he wanted me to send him a check with “ai am a dumbass” written on it: He was bragging about how he was going to win.. Then yesterday he made a rude comment to me “go back to your thread” so I responded in kind. I wasn’t particularly rude to him ever. In fact I think offering to agree to a charity that was non political was an act of generosity. I was trying to be nice. 

Of course I know that Biden is not the official nominee as of this moment. That’s why I wrote, several times, that I would wait until November. 

Did I understand that Biden was not the official nominee? Yes of course. 

Did I understand that @Engorgeous George would try to use that fact to trick me so as to claim that he won the bet by offering to settle it right now? No. There I obviously erred. But I’m not mad at myself over that because I assumed that the man had integrity. I assume everyone has integrity until proven otherwise. Perhaps that’s naive on my part but it’s who I am. I’m not ashamed of it.

That being said my belief is I did not fall into his trap anyhow. When I wrote “up to you” it meant it was up to him if he wanted to pay me now. I made it very clear I would wait until It was official. After he revealed his trap I decided out of fairness to leave it to a few other people to decide, trusting their integrity. @Strike ruled against me. So now I will pay up. I am waiting to do so. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t share private messages. The people that sent them do not wish to be publicly involved. 

So no one. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Can you go back to the cheap seats? The grownups are trying to have a discussion. 

So no one...

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Tim wanted multiple times to take a victory lap before the runners even got in the blocks.  There was an implication that anyone denying his take and not paying up early was hiding behind a technicality waiting until the election to pay and denying him this opportunity to gloat right now though in the original discussions which lead to the bet there were plenty of discussions as to Biden's health and survivability and as to a brokered convention where superdelegates may knock Biden out.  Our bet had a very specific duration. The bet had just begun but he wanted his victory and was a bit of a b!tch about it across multiple threads.  I got sick of it.  I offered to take him up on his desire to settle the terms of the bet immediately.  He agreed.  (remember he postures himself as an expert on all things politics so he should be aware of the nominating process) The term of the bet was that at settlement Biden would not be the nominee.  He is not the nominee.  The nominee will be decide at the convention at the end of August.  That fact has been in all the papers. Tim lost and he knows he lost.  Tim is mad at himself.  He is also mad at me.  I don't give a sh!t.  I don't care about the money or about the opinions of others when all Tim had to do to win was shut his pie hole and wait out the terms of the bet. Now others are saying I should not have taken advantage of his hubris.  They are saying I should have allowed the blowhard to chirp for months maybe undermining my reputation as if I had an obligtion to pay him early and speculatively. I don't like Tim.  He is a liar and a bore.  Whether he pays up or not we shall see.  The lesson here is to stop and think before shooting off your mouth and inviting others to respond to you.  When you invite abuse it is rude not to accept it when it arrives.  Support his behavior as you like but be clear about it.  I did not seek him out to get out of the bet.  Rather he sought me ought on the subject to annoy me.  He succeeded.  I got annoyed then he did not like the response after it became clear that his own words were his trap.

Imagine instead had he simply said he predicts i will be one unhappy camper come November and just left it at that.  Imagine he said I am looking pretty stupid after the SOTU.  nope, he implied he has already won and I ought to be paying up except i am a bit of a poor sport who is going to make him wait.

To each their own.  I would have told Tim to fock off and we'll decide in November.  To me, the spirit of the bet was that.  I don't view that a win.  It's not about the money, it's about being right.  Like the bet in Trading Places for $1.

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

Imagine instead had he simply said he predicts i will be one unhappy camper come November and just left it at that.  Imagine he said I am looking pretty stupid after the SOTU.  nope, he implied he has already won and I ought to be paying up except i am a bit of a poor sport who is going to make him wait.

He did not imply that he already won.  He flat out said it by saying you lost.  No implication.

15 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

To each their own.  I would have told Tim to fock off and we'll decide in November.  To me, the spirit of the bet was that.  I don't view that a win.  It's not about the money, it's about being right.  Like the bet in Trading Places for $1.

Then Tim shouldn't have claimed the bet is over and requested payment.  When you do that you're wanting to settle the bet NOW instead of the agreed upon time frame.  EG chose to accept that offer.  Had he not this probably never gets to this point.  Tim thought the changing of the terms only mattered if Tim was the winner.  He didn't anticipate that he was actually the loser based upon the facts as they exist today.   Had Tim just said "We'll stick to the original terms" and STFU this probably never gets to this point.  Had Tim not asked four strangers to decide the merit of the situation this probably never gets to this point.  But Tim can't help himself. 

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Did I understand that Biden was not the official nominee? Yes of course. 

This is a lie if we are to believe your posts.  I posted TWO of your posts in my decision, one where you said everyone who bet against you had lost the bet and the other where you posted the question "Isn't Biden the nominee?"  when someone questioned your assertion of having won the bet.  So, given that twice you suggested Biden was the nominee I find it hard to believe you didn't actually believe that at the time.

33 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Like I said. Words matter. Tim offered an out. George took it. By the definition of the bet George won. It's a shitty way to win, but it happens. The very definition of words matter. IMO George won. He won by a technicality, but he won non the less. 

IMHO since it came to this. George should honor the spirit of the bet. Just call it even and move on. 

Eta: I could be drunk. Purdue won again today!! Boiler Up!!

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is a lie if we are to believe your posts.  I posted TWO of your posts in my decision, one where you said everyone who bet against you had lost the bet and the other where you posted the question "Isn't Biden the nominee?"  when someone questioned your assertion of having won the bet.  So, given that twice you suggested Biden was the nominee I find it hard to believe you didn't actually believe that at the time.

Once again I strongly disagree with you, and with your interpretation of what I wrote and what I meant. But I’m not going to argue with you any more. I gave you the power to decide and you did and that’s fine. I will pay the man, means nothing to me. 

Actually I may never end up paying him because he told me he wants a check and he’s not going to get one. He can send me his PayPal or Venmo info. If he doesn’t he will never be paid. Too bad. 

37 minutes ago, Strike said:

Then Tim shouldn't have claimed the bet is over and requested payment.  

I didn’t. And the rest of what you wrote is bullsh!t too. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

@Strike and @Engorgeous George must be really terrible people in real life. It’s not their views (warped as they are) that’s the problem, it’s their personalities. At least online. I don’t know how anyone can stand being around them. 

😆

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fine save it. It’s true anyhow. 

😆

55 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

@Strike and @Engorgeous George must be …you know what? Never mind. Dont want to go there. 

Hey idiot.  Do you think I'd actually give you my address to send me a check? 

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

Hey idiot.  Do you think I'd actually give you my address to send me a check? 

What the hell are you talking about? When did I ask for that? 

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Do share. 

To be clear, I was not among the "numerous PMs" urging Tim not to pay.

When Strike came out in favor of George's position, Tim was on the hook. Strike was one of the four arbitrators that he'd chosen himself.

23 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't see any pictures other than of Trump in that link.  :dunno:

“The post included photos of Merchan’s daughter”. 

And you still find excuses for this scumbag. 

7 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

What the hell are you talking about? When did I ask for that? 

I took the post I quoted to mean that you were suggesting EG and I might be the same person.  I don't know how else I would take that post.  if there is another reasonable interpretation I'm willing to hear it.

21 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

😆

So Timmay involved Strike in this matter and having done so and not liking the involvement now turns to criticizing the very person he involved.

I also note Timmay was fine sending a check, I even agreed to wait a week to get it as he says his office is closed, as if the office has to be open to send a check, I mean it IS his office, or is it?  Anyhow once I agreed and sent him the relevant particulars he wanted to change payment to Paypal or Venmo.  To him it is about regaining control by dictating the terms of payment.  Pay up or don't Timmay, but stop your b1tching.  I don't need your money I just need to hear you admit your mistakes and then to STFU.

29 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

So Timmay inviolved Strike in this matter and having done so and not liking the involvement now turns to criticizing the very person he involved.

I also note timmay was fine sending a check, I even agreed to wait a week to get it as he says his office is closed, as if the office has to be open to send a check, I mean it IS his office, or is it?  Anyhow once I agreed and sent him the relevant particulars he wanted to change payment to Paypal or Venmo.  To him it is about regaining control by dictating the terms of payment.  Pay up or don't Timmay, but stop your b1tching.  I don't need your money I just need to hear you admit your mistakes and then to STFU.

1. Strike deserves criticism, not for his judgment but for his incessant scolding and patronizing behavior. He’s one of the biggest jerks in this forum though he doesn't quite rise to your level. 

2. I changed my mind about the nature of payment. I’m not sending you a check period. I have some reasons for this but I’m not going to offer them to you.!f you want Venmo or PayPal fine I’ll do it immediately, this hour. If you don’t  then you will not be paid, ever. Make up your focking mind I’m sick of discussing this, if by the end of today you haven’t provided me a Venmo or PayPal address I will consider the matter closed. 

3. I will pay you because I agreed to accept Strike’s word: I will never admit my mistake  because there was no mistake except for thinking you were a dude with some integrity. My bad there. 

4. I will not STFU for you. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. Strike deserves criticism, not for his judgment but for his incessant scolding and patronizing behavior. He’s one of the biggest jerks in this forum though he doesn't quite rise to your level. 

2. I changed my mind about the nature of payment. I’m not sending you a check period. I have some reasons for this but I’m not going to offer them to you.!f you want Venmo or PayPal fine I’ll do it immediately, this hour. If you don’t find then you will not be paid, ever. Make up your focking mind I’m sick of discussing this, if by the end of today you haven’t provided me a Venmo or PayPal address I will consider the matter closed. 

3. I will pay you because I agreed to accept Strike’s word: I will never admit my mistake  because there was no mistake except for thinking you were a dude with some integrity. My bad there. 

4. I will not STFU for you. 

And there we have it.

37 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

If by it you mean my integrity and your lack of it, then sure. But we had that already. 

Seems someone finding a loophole and invoking unprecedented measures to punish bothers you. Imagine the legal system doing that IRL? 

14 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t share private messages. The people that sent them do not wish to be publicly involved. 

I sent him one saying I thought it was BS in that the semantics used to win the bet is BS although technically correct.  I like George & his lawyerly humorous posts.  I'll leave it at that.

However this turns out, it's nice to have an actual lawyer around these parts. :thumbsup:

Tim ran his mouth and got lawyered. 

Maybe he'll even have a little sympathy for Trump moving forward. :doublethumbsup:

Florida SC upholds 6 week abortion ban but allows voters to chime in in November: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/florida-supreme-court-abortion-rights-ballot-measure-rcna142568

This is huge political news and may be decisive for Biden in November. The voters of Florida will be facing a 6 week ban IN PLACE already (as of today in fact) with the chance to overturn it. This will generate huge voter interest especially among those between 20-30. I believe it puts Florida in major play for Democrats and gives Joe Biden a very decent chance to win this state (and if he wins Florida he wins the election.) 

Stupid of the Florida Republicans to go with a 6 week ban, when they could have had 15 weeks and that might have survived a vote. Stupid of DeSantis to sign it. This whole thing is going to destroy the red in November. 

Florida SC upholds 6 week abortion ban but allows voters to chime in in November: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/florida-supreme-court-abortion-rights-ballot-measure-rcna142568

This is huge political news and may be decisive for Biden in November. The voters of Florida will be facing a 6 week ban IN PLACE already (as of today in fact) with the chance to overturn it. This will generate huge voter interest especially among those between 20-30. I believe it puts Florida in major play for Democrats and gives Joe Biden a very decent chance to win this state (and if he wins Florida he wins the election.) 

Stupid of the Florida Republicans to go with a 6 week ban, when they could have had 15 weeks and that might have survived a vote. Stupid of DeSantis to sign it. This whole thing is going to destroy the red in November. 

I don't know if Biden can win Florida but it'll be closer and this is likely to potentially flip a congressional seat or four.

On 4/1/2024 at 7:02 AM, The Real timschochet said:

2. I changed my mind about the nature of payment. I’m not sending you a check period. I have some reasons for this but I’m not going to offer them to you.!f you want Venmo or PayPal fine I’ll do it immediately, this hour. If you don’t  then you will not be paid, ever. Make up your focking mind I’m sick of discussing this, if by the end of today you haven’t provided me a Venmo or PayPal address I will consider the matter closed. 

Update: I posted this yesterday morning. Before that I posted numerous times that @Engorgeous George needed to provide me a Venmo or PayPal address and that I was not going to send him a check. He responded directly to this post with “there you go” so it’s not a question of him not seeing it. But he has never given me anything other than a mailing address. 

So be it. I consider myself absolved of this wager. It’s over. I tried to pay the man despite his weasley  bullsh!t, he wouldn’t provide the means. And now we’re done. 

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Update: I posted this yesterday morning. Before that I posted numerous times that @Engorgeous George needed to provide me a Venmo or PayPal address and that I was not going to send him a check. He responded directly to this post with “there you go” so it’s not a question of him not seeing it. But he has never given me anything other than a mailing address. 

So be it. I consider myself absolved of this wager. It’s over. I tried to pay the man despite his weasley  bullsh!t, he wouldn’t provide the means. And now we’re done. 

I didn’t read closely enough to perhaps catch all the nuances and maybe there is some shtick at play here but my take is @Engorgeous George doesn’t want you to have to pay for this but was enjoying that he “got you” since you were spiking the ball way too early. 

I agree there’s no chance Biden gets replaced because they think he could lose, but he could have a serious medical issue that takes him off. There are still months to go.

Health alone means the bet isn’t over, then there are also people who do believe there could be a switcheroo at the convention.  

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I didn’t read closely enough to perhaps catch all the nuances and maybe there is some shtick at play here but my take is @Engorgeous George doesn’t want you to have to pay for this but was enjoying that he “got you” since you were spiking the ball way too early. 

I agree there’s no chance Biden gets replaced because they think he could lose, but he could have a serious medical issue that takes him off. There are still months to go.

Health alone means the bet isn’t over, then there are also people who do believe there could be a switcheroo at the convention.  

The only reason I “spiked the ball early” (by posting about it, not in actuality) was because he was being such an a$$hole about it, wanting me to send him a check with the words “I am a dumbass” on it, etc. And yes he wants me to pay him because he pm’ed me a mailing address. But it’s not gonna happen. 

The only reason I “spiked the ball early” (by posting about it, not in actuality) was because he was being such an a$$hole about it, wanting me to send him a check with the words “I am a dumbass” on it, etc. And yes he wants me to pay him because he pm’ed me a mailing address. But it’s not gonna happen. 

Well there you go. If I wanted someone to pay me I’d have setup Venmo if I didn’t have it. 

I wouldn’t pay either side of this bet until the convention happens (or whatever the event was you two settled on).