Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Kids are different these days….

Please post a way in which today’s kids are different than when you grew up. 

My sister is a high school English teacher and she says kids spend most of their time with their faces in their phone or computer. She said at lunch the kids aren’t talking to one another but rather looking down at their phones, scrolling. 
In class she asked about a child who was absent and the kids said they didn’t know anything about the student and that the kids don’t even know everyone’s/each other’s names. She says many of the children today are introverts. 

Parents are to blame, it’s the way they were raised up.  Kids are different because parents raised them to be the way they are today.  

Cant blame the kids, blame the parents, and schools, they don’t teach the basics anymore, it’s all changed, and have the kids.   

Parents need to toon in and pay attention to what their kids are both doing and watching.  Parents find it easy to give them a phone, it’s called daycare.  Piss poor parents and the teaching of most piss poor teachers are the problem.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Parents are to blame, it’s the way they were raised up.  Kids are different because parents raised them to be the way they are today.  

Cant blame the kids, blame the parents, and schools, they don’t teach the basics anymore, it’s all changed, and have the kids.   

Parents need to toon in and pay attention to what their kids are both doing and watching.  Parents find it easy to give them a phone, it’s called daycare.  Piss poor parents and the teaching of most piss poor teachers are the problem.   

I agree with this and parents should limit the kids time on the phones and electronics but like you said these objects are like babysitters and some parents can't be more happier.

19 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks but we don't need your sister to tell us that and we all can see it for ourselves. That is kids today.

I don’t have any young children so I was surprised that kids didn’t know their classmate’s names. I was hoping to learn more from others here. Not sure why you are so triggered?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, peenie said:

I don’t have any young children so I was surprised that kids didn’t know their classmate’s names. I was hoping to learn more from others here. Not sure why you are so triggered?

Not triggered at all and saying I think we all see that and I don't have kids. I hear from others that do and what it's like. kids go to the club that I play trivia and are glued to their phones.

I’ve got 3 kids and try to act like I’m raising them in the 80s.  They have phones, but I limit their screen time.  Lots of thir friends don’t even have bikes these days.  And, I always have them invite friends to hang out at our house for movies or S’mores around the fire pit.  It’s like social media and FaceTime have become a substitute for actual human interection.  

• Like 2

Had a get together at my home while my brother and his family from California we're visiting last summer. The niece & nephew were perplexed when they saw me taking ice cubes out of trays. Apparently they'd never seen anyone make them the old-fashioned way :) 

59 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Had a get together at my home while my brother and his family from California we're visiting last summer. The niece & nephew were perplexed when they saw me taking ice cubes out of trays. Apparently they'd never seen anyone make them the old-fashioned way :) 

How else do they make them? 

Even more groupthink/herd mentality-oriented than formerly typical youngsters. 

Not excited about driving/gaining freedom.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

How else do they make them? 

Guessing all they know is ice dispenser on fridge. :dunno:

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, naomi said:

Even more groupthink/herd mentality-oriented than formerly typical youngsters. 

Not excited about driving/gaining freedom.

Great point. I graduated from having a permit, to passing the drivers test and getting my real drivers license on a Friday. This will definitely date me, but I took 3 friends to a drive-in theater that night. I could barely contain my excitement for having the freedom to go wherever I wanted!

One huge issue is that Liberal teachers are preaching the WOKE mentality which is breeding sexually confused boys, fears of "toxic masculinity", etc. Just listen to the Liberal views on this forum and you can see it. 

Let's be honest, Kids today are entitled little pvssies. Even our once great Military has to lower standards just to get bodies. 

On 2/24/2024 at 3:15 PM, weepaws said:

What cartoon are they supposed to watch?