Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id bet Dallas.  Or Houston.

Houston is a good fit as well. 

I really don’t love spending big $ on FA RBs but Saquon to the Eagles is hilarious. 

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id bet Dallas.  Or Houston.

Everyone likes Jones.  And he was money down the stretch last season.  Hes 29 so I get leaving him instead of leaving late.  But meh.  Jacobs I like.  But he has dome ware on him and came back last season from his previous good season.  

They will add to the room.  I know Jacobs can catch, but I wouldn't mind a guy like Will Shipley.  

Fields is running out of landing spots.  Unless they do a deal with Minnesota.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I’d say Raiders. It’s a Raider move. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d say Raiders. It’s a Raider move. 

Raiders hired his former OC Luke Getsy.  I mean that normally would make a link but they didnt have success with the Bears.  And people said Fields has bad coaching.  Would certainly be a raiders move.  I find it unlikely, unless the 2 had some connection.  Seemed like they didn't.   

I was told duh Bears would get a 1st for him.

Just now, MDC said:

I was also told he was good just caught a bad situation.   GMs of teams and coaches would notice that, they must not think that.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Smac Jones landed a 6th rounder :lol: 

Patriots could be a spot.  Say they like Williams and Daniels and they go 1 and 2.  They could pivot for Fields.  

I wouldn't doubt it but where are all you seeing Poles' quote that said he's trading Fields?

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I wouldn't doubt it but where are all you seeing Poles' quote that said he's trading Fields?

This is true.  The funniest thing would draft Williams keep Fields for a year and get nothing.  

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So cheap though.  I can’t see a big downside. 

Wilson will never fit in there, IMO. He doesn’t represent the Steeler culture, and the fans are going to hate him. It will be interesting to see, for sure.

This is true.  The funniest thing would draft Williams keep Fields for a year and get nothing.  

Why? It could be more important sitting Williams, or whoever, for a year than getting a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. 

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Raiders hired his former OC Luke Getsy.  I mean that normally would make a link but they didnt have success with the Bears.  And people said Fields has bad coaching.  Would certainly be a raiders move.  I find it unlikely, unless the 2 had some connection.  Seemed like they didn't.   

From Braggs thr Bears beat writer.  So maybe I am wrong about this.  Would still be funny.  

Not sure if this will actually happen. What I can tell you is one of the most surprising things I learned at the Combine, that I would've never guessed before, was that Luke Getsy and Justin Fields get along a lot more than people think.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Why? It could be more important sitting Williams, or whoever, for a year than getting a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. 

Then if Fields plays better you just created a mess for no reason.  That would be a strange way to go about it.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Then if Fields plays better you just created a mess for no reason.  That would be a strange way to go about it.  

Having a very good veteren QB and a highly touted rookie QB  would be a problem I think the Bears would take any day of the week. 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Having a very good veteren QB and a highly touted rookie QB  would be a problem I think the Bears would take any day of the week. 

This guy imagining having 2 good QBs at once.

duh Bears! 😂 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

I dont see much upside in doing it.  You can go grab a vet anywhere.  Number 1 picks generally play not sit.  

Fields starts 3-0 playing well now thefans are yelling at Poles for not just going with him. 

Hey whatever floats your boat.  

32 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Been a long time since I've been this bummed about a Packer player being released.  Great team guy and off-field too(Walter Payton Nominee).  Wish him the best where ever he goes.  :(  

Very sad day in this Packer household.  Best wishes Aaron, unlerss you end up with the Vikes, Bears, or Cowboys.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

This guy imagining having 2 good QBs at once.

duh Bears! 😂 

Follow the conversation corky. Or are you struggling cause your fat wife is on the rag and ordering you around again? 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Follow the conversation corky. Or are you struggling cause your fat wife is on the rag and ordering you around again? 

I follow. You’re imagining that Fields is good and duh Bears have not one but TWO franchise QBs next year - the first 2 in their 100 year history! :o 

😂 

Xavier Mckinney to the Packers.   The one guy I wanted.  

Good player. Big mouth. 

Devin Singletary to the Giants. Boring. 

Good player. Big mouth. 

Packers dont usually go for mouths.  We will see.  Yeah love the fit.  Needed a saftey bad especially in our new system where i5 wont just be 2 high all the time.  Hes versatile too.  

Devin Singletary to the Giants. Boring. 

I like Singles.  Always have.  Hes a good player.  Not a needle mover but hes a quality vet.  

Not used to Packers making a peep on 1st day of FA.  Usually 2nd and 3rd wave pick ups.   Wild ride.  

I like Singles.  Always have.  Hes a good player.  Not a needle mover but hes a quality vet.  

I hope Waller retires and we can get this tear down closer. Almost there. 

I hope Walker retires and we can get this tear down closer. Almost there. 

Yeah Singles a stop gap at RB.  Hes capable.  But a bridge.  They should rebuild.   

$26M guaranteed to Barkley from Philly. Wow.  I would rather have Singletary.

10 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

PFF grades are certainly not everything.   

But since entering the leagur McKinney has highest graded coverage grade when lined up at FS.  

Yeah Singles a stop gap at RB.  Hes capable.  But a bridge.  They should rebuild.   

They don’t have a choice. Nothing happens until this offensive line takes a leap. A big leap. What’s the point otherwise ? 

They don’t have a choice. Nothing happens until this offensive line takes a leap. A big leap. What’s the point otherwise ? 

Correct.  So I get the boring signing.  

25 minutes ago, MDC said:

I follow. You’re imagining that Fields is good and duh Bears have not one but TWO franchise QBs next year - the first 2 in their 100 year history! :o 

😂 

Why are you discounting 1941 Pro Bowl starter from the Chicago Bears, Sid Luckman?

29 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Ding Ding Ding!

:banana:

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Minshew, Raiders.

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

agreed. Only problem with your logic is viewing Fields as a very good veteran QB when in reality, any team interested in him is interested because he is still young and raw with possible upside. He doesn't fit the mold you're giving him