Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency/ Draft 2024

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Everyone likes Jones.  And he was money down the stretch last season.  Hes 29 so I get leaving him instead of leaving late.  But meh.  Jacobs I like.  But he has dome ware on him and came back last season from his previous good season.  

They will add to the room.  I know Jacobs can catch, but I wouldn't mind a guy like Will Shipley.  

i dont usually question what the packers do. one of those always well run organizations... but it is peculiar, imo, to get rid of a great dude in Aaron Jones who has always produced when healthy and sign Jacobs who predictably was not the same last season.  4 years 40 something versus 3 years 30 something for barkley 

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

agreed. Only problem with your logic is viewing Fields as a very good veteran QB when in reality, any team interested in him is interested because he is still young and raw with possible upside. He doesn't git the mold you're giving him

But why is it a good thing even if he was good?  Unless they trade him in season they couldnt get anything for him. Williams as 1st pick learning and sitting behind Fields is great?  Then Fields does well and the front office looks dumb.  

I wouldnt put it past the Bears.  They have been actively trying to trade him.  To just say welp we will just keep him....would be negligence.  

#1 picks dont sit.  And you are just opening yourself up to ridicule and angst in the locker room.  

Giants in the hunt for Brian Burns. It will take a trade but it would be a great pickup. 12.5 sacks in 2022. 25 years old. Giants have two second round picks this year. 

RB Frenzy

Pollard- Titans

Singletary- Giants

Edwards- Chargers

Barkley- Eagles

Swift- Bears

Jacobs- Packers

Gibson- Pats

Henry- (Cowboys prediction)

Ekeler- Redskins

Jones- Vikings

Mattison- (Denver prediction)

Zack Moss- Bengals

Mixon- (Raiders prediction)

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

i dont usually question what the packers do. one of those always well run organizations... but it is peculiar, imo, to get rid of a great dude in Aaron Jones who has always produced when healthy and sign Jacobs who predictably was not the same last season. 

I don't quite get it either.  Im sure they looked at his season last year and asked questions.   

Love Jones.  But either way its swapping a good back out for another.  It may not matter a ton.  They dumped Rasul in season to thr Bills in a shocker.  Team loved him...and they went on a run a bit.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

But why is it a good thing even if he was good?  Unless they trade him in season they couldnt get anything for him. Williams as 1st pick learning and sitting behind Fields is great?  Then Fields does well and the front office looks dumb.  

I wouldnt put it past the Bears.  They have been actively trying to trade him.  To just say welp we will just keep him....would be negligence.  

#1 picks dont sit.  And you are just opening yourself up to ridicule and angst in the locker room.  

what?

when did i say williams should sit and learn behind fields? All i did was quote seafoam saying that the bears would love to have a good veteran backup and a star rookie QB and point out that Fields is not what anyone would consider a good veteran 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Giants in the hunt for Brian Burns. It will take a trade but it would be a great pickup. 12.5 sacks in 2022. 25 years old. Giants have two second round picks this year. 

Im not following.  On one hand its tear down for you but you want to trade and pay a guy to get stats while you arent competing?  

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

agreed. Only problem with your logic is viewing Fields as a very good veteran QB when in reality, any team interested in him is interested because he is still young and raw with possible upside. He doesn't git the mold you're giving him

Go back and read what I responded to. Don't be mdc 2.0. I never said Fields is a very good QB right now. Or will ever be. Because I don't know. 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

what?

when did i say williams should sit and learn behind fields? All i did was quote seafoam saying that the bears would love to have a good veteran backup and a star rookie QB and point out that Fields is not what anyone would consider a good veteran 

I didnt say you did.  Seafoam has.  

I was quoting you saying it would be a good thing if Fields was actually good.  

You said "agreed".  So I was commenting.  My post was very much on topic to what you posted.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

I didnt say you did.  Seafoam has.  

I was quoting you saying it would be a good thing if Fields was actually good.  

You said "agreed".  So I was commenting.  My post was very much on topic to what you posted.  

ok.  

"agreed" was just me agreeing that the bears, or any team for that matter, would love to have a very good veteran behind a promising rookie

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

ok.  

"agreed" was just me agreeing that the bears, or any team for that matter, would love to have a very good veteran behind a promising rookie

A vet.  Not a 25 year old guy half the fanbase still wants playing a 5th year where you cant even trade him if he does well. Disrespecting the 1st overall pick and creating a mess.  

A bridge vet isnt bringing Fields back to muck things up.  

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

Why? It could be more important sitting Williams, or whoever, for a year than getting a 3rd or 4th round draft pick. 

Having a very good veteren QB and a highly touted rookie QB  would be a problem I think the Bears would take any day of the week. 

3 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Go back and read what I responded to. Don't be mdc 2.0. I never said Fields is a very good QB right now. Or will ever be. Because I don't know. 

went back another page or two and didn't see any other mention of Fields. Unlike you, don't have time to go back and read more pages of posts so if there was some sort of comment I missed that helps explain this nonsense, feel free to key me in.

Otherwise it sounds like you know about as much football as you do politics :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

A vet.  Not a 25 year old guy half the fanbase still wants playing a 5th year where you cant even trade him if he does well. Disrespecting the 1st overall pick and creating a mess.  

A bridge vet isnt bringing Fields back to muck things up.  

Yes... a vet... that was my point.   I literally said that Fields was NOT what seafoam was describing

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im not following.  On one hand its tear down for you but you want to trade and pay a guy to get stats while you arent competing?  

He’s young. Rebuilding with youth is the way to go.  

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Yes... a vet... that was my point.   I literally said that Fields was NOT what seafoam was describing

Lol not gonna argue this because its dumb.  You said agreed...if he was good and that was the problem with his logic.  

I said even if he was "good" it makes no sense and would be stupid.  

The end

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s young. Rebuilding with youth is the way to go.  

What would they have to give up?  Im not trading away good picks for an expensive guy when im rebuilding.  Whole point is to draft players and wait in the weeds for a QB.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Lol not gonna argue this because its dumb.  You said agreed...if he was good and that was the problem with his logic.  

I said even if he was "good" it makes no sense and would be stupid.  

The end

no offense but you're saying "lol not gonna argue this" but you're the one arguing it and it's a little odd because we are actually in 100% agreement and it seems like you are just confused about my post or like you just wanted someone else to argue with on that topic :lol:

i'll explain just one more time and let it be.

I agree with the premise that having a very good veteran QB behind a promising rookie is a good thing (for the bears or any team). I was pointing out to Seafoam that Justin Fields does not fit that description. 

12 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

went back another page or two and didn't see any other mention of Fields. Unlike you, don't have time to go back and read more pages of posts so if there was some sort of comment I missed that helps explain this nonsense, feel free to key me in.

Otherwise it sounds like you know about as much football as you do politics :lol:

Sure thing corky.

:rolleyes:

You may want to learn to read.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

no offense but you're saying "lol not gonna argue this" but you're the one arguing it and it's a little odd because we are actually in 100% agreement and it seems like you are just confused about my post or like you just wanted someone else to argue with on that topic :lol:

I agree with the premise that having a very good veteran QB behind a promising rookie is a good thing (for the bears or any team). I was pointing out to Seafoam that Justin Fields does not fit that description. 

Thats fine.  Maybe I misunderstood you.  Read like "yea true if he was actually good".  

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I am on record for wishing the Bears would go get Flacco and make him the starter in 2024 while having drafted Williams or Daniels to sit for a year behind him.

13 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

What would they have to give up?  Im not trading away good picks for an expensive guy when im rebuilding.  Whole point is to draft players and wait in the weeds for a QB.  

I’ll trade a couple of 2’s for a guy that plays at a 1 level on one of the hardest commodities to come by in the game. 

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I am on record for wishing the Bears would go get Flacco and make him the starter in 2024 while having drafted Williams or Daniels to sit for a year behind him.

I thought you wanted Bo Nix. 😂 

Sitting a QB is a fair option, if it makes sense.  

When do 1st overalls get sat?  Hell Baker was sort of lost until this year but he had a nice rookie season when thrown into the fire. 

You dont sit 1st overalls.  You can and it can work.  But it would be odd.  I can see it if you had like a Big Ben and he let the FO know this was his swan song year.  

Josh Allen was very raw coming out and played at Wyoming.   His number 1 WR was a track guy Marquis Goodwin (yea that guy).  He wasnt great for 2 years.  He is now.  

It can go either way with sitting.  

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I thought you wanted Bo Nix. 😂 

Yep. He would be a great option if the Bears didn't have the #1.; What's with your obsession?

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Yep. He would be a great option if the Bears didn't have the #1.; What's with your obsession?

You wanted to trade back.  Get a haul and draft him. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

More like Blow Nix. 

• Haha 1

Burns to the Giants. 2nd and a 5th.  5 years 150 mil.  Great deal.   

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah I dont mind that.  Thought it may be more.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah I dont mind that.  Thought it may be more.  

Panthers fans are screaming on their board. They thought they were getting a 1 and a 3.   

Ekeler to Washington 

What’s with you repeatedly changing your story? You never said you wanted Flacco to CHI. You said you wanted the Bears to trade the 1 overall pick and draft Nix instead:

:unsure: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

What’s with you repeatedly changing your story? You never said you wanted Flacco to CHI. You said you wanted the Bears to trade the 1 overall pick and draft Nix instead:

:unsure: 

Sure thing corky....

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Sure thing corky....

It’s right there in that very thread from a month ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Oh look.  MDC bringing his perpetual slap fight into a football thread. 

Cousins for$45M/year.  WTF?

1 minute ago, MLCKAA said:

Cousins for$45M/year.  WTF?

Old owner with Billions. 

This was a fun day.   I'm glad my team isn't chasing RB's lately

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it screams of Joe and Brian knowing their seats are hot. Rebuilding teams don’t usually trade away picks for a player they have to give a big contract to. It’s generally the other way around. 
guess they are going all in with Jones. Better draft Odunze.