Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Do you have or want a “Trad” Wife?

If your wife works outside the home, do you secretly desire her to be a stay at home traditional wife? If your wife is the breadwinner, are there any downsides that would make you embrace having a Trad wife instead? 

💘

When my two older kids were small and now, with my wife in limbo as a legal immigrant but not yet with a green card, she's taken on the role of trad-wife over the years and I have no problem with it. The first time, she'd willingly wet aside her career given up work while the kids were small. Then she grew a school to over 300 students before the Chinese government cracked down on her. Now she wants to go back to work again. 

As for the woman in the OP, I absolutely melt. This is what I want/like. In an alternate universe, I could not have pulled out a diamond ring fast enough. I would run through walls for this. I would crawl across two miles of broken glass for this. Please, mother my children.

• Thanks 1

I love reading this! 

The advancement of women in power has been clearly, and what I would say, is clearly defined by their ability to become breadwinners and have major careers outside of the home. 
aspiring to be a stay at home parent makes you less educated, earn far less giving you fewer opportunities. None of those things are good for women.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My wife works 9 to 5 at the office, but is a traditional wife at home. Does that count?

She stayed at home when our kids were born until they were school-aged, and I loved her being there taking care of them and the homestead.

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

The advancement of women in power has been clearly, and what I would say, is clearly defined by their ability to become breadwinners and have major careers outside of the home. 
aspiring to be a stay at home parent makes you less educated, earn far less giving you fewer opportunities. None of those things are good for women.

👆🏿Foolish talk.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

My wife works 9 to 5 at the office, but is a traditional wife at home. Does that count?

She stayed at home when our kids were born until they were school-aged, and I loved her being there taking care of them and the homestead.

Works when both the husband and wife work together.   And if the looks like one stays home while one works great, if that means both have jobs and share the home work load great.  

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

👆🏿Foolish talk.  

There is a good religious Christian. Is this where I quote the Bible verse about the woman being obedient to the husband? 

They seem boring, simple, stupid, and possibly insane.

So no.

However the angry bitter feminist types aren’t too fun either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

As for the woman in the OP, I absolutely melt. This is what I want/like. In an alternate universe, I could not have pulled out a diamond ring fast enough. I would run through walls for this. I would crawl across two miles of broken glass for this. Please, mother my children.

I wouldn’t feel like you’re missing out too much — she’s no more real than your standard instawh0re. Just for a different market. None of them put them big ol t1tties away. (Not that I’m complaining!)

26 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution have prepared women to be nesters, to be nurturers, to be homemakers.  Some women are going to harken to that biological  imperative,  others are not, or are going to explore alternatives and then choose their place in the world.   Me, I did not need someone to fill the tradwife roll.  I am very happy cooking and cleaning for myself.  I did, however, very much want Mary Poppins to raise my children while having Jenna Jamison in the bedroom.  I found that. 

I messaged a girl on Hinge that wrote in her profile that her life long goal is to eventually quit her job (RN) and become a housewife so "I can clean your house, pack your lunches, and be waiting for you when you get off work with a freshly shaken cocktail, scratch made dinner, and handsy back massage." 

I wrote: this comment is great to see especially today and is so unselfish, and giving and feminine, good for you

She matched with me. 

She's 5'8", no kids, brunette, white, pretty good looking, and she matched with me but didn't say anything back, and she lives an hour away and is athiest. Not sure I want to deal with driving to another city again; been there done that.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Our story is similar.  When we met we had the same position at the same company making virtually the same salary.  We both liked the idea of her staying home with the kids when they were young, and we were fortunate that my career enabled this.  Later in I lost my job and she was able to get a job to keep us going.  She kept working when I went back to work (kids were old enough).  Now I've retired because of cancer and she is our primary breadwinner.  

She took a LOT of flak from her professional peers for choosing to stay at home.  They had an attitude which seems similar to what @cyclone24is describing -- that she was "letting down" the woman's movement by "wasting" her training.  But she felt, and I agree, that part of the value of such training is to get to a point in life where you have the flexibility to do what you think is best.

Anyway, we started on equal footing and, while our roles within the family have changed over the years, we have always treated each other as equals.

Regarding the woman in the video (awesome rack!), or people who aspire to this life in general:  I would be concerned if she were unintelligent, as I like talking to my wife about a variety of topics.  I also would not like the pressure of me being in charge of all of the important decisions -- it is good to have a sounding board, for us anyway.

But in the end, to each their own.  As long as both of the spouses agree on the roles, it can work well.  If they disagree, well, that's where trouble brews.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I message a girl on hinge that wrote in her profile that her life long goal is to eventually quit her job IRN) and become a housewife so "I can clean your house, pack your lunches, and be waiting for you when you get off work with a freshly shaken cocktail, scratch made dinner, and handsy back massage." 

I wrote: this comment is great to see especially today and is so unselfish, and giving and feminine, good for you

She matched with me. 

She's 5'8", no kids, brunette, white, pretty good looking, but she didn't say anything back, and she lives an hour away and is athiest. Not sure I want to deal with driving to another city again; been there done that.

Probably a catfish scenario anyway

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Probably a catfish scenario anyway

No, if it was a catfish (profile is on Hinge) the profile would have disappeared by now as it's been a couple of months.

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

No, if it was a catfish (profile is on Hinge) the profile would have disappeared by now as it's been a couple of months.

Well then get over the fact that she’s an atheist and go meet her. You ain’t getting any younger man (me neither, of course).

Kinda bothers me you had to specify she’s white but I guess we can chalk that up to type? :unsure:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I messaged a girl on Hinge that wrote in her profile that her life long goal is to eventually quit her job (RN) and become a housewife so "I can clean your house, pack your lunches, and be waiting for you when you get off work with a freshly shaken cocktail, scratch made dinner, and handsy back massage." 

She matched with me. 

She's 5'8", no kids, brunette, white, pretty good looking, but she matched with me but didn't say anything back, and she lives an hour away and is athiest. Not sure I want to deal with driving to another city again; been there done that.

She didn't say anything about kids.  IIRC you are older and perhaps not looking for somebody to raise kids with; if so... I'd be a lot more concerned about a woman with this attitude who doesn't want kids.  To me it just reeks of someone looking for a sugar daddy.  I mean, if you are printing Geek Club money like the rest of us, maybe that is your thing.  But not my thing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

34 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

There is a good religious Christian. Is this where I quote the Bible verse about the woman being obedient to the husband? 

This is where you stop being sooooo stupid.  

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Well then get over the fact that she’s an atheist and go meet her. You ain’t getting any younger man (me neither, of course).

Kinda bothers me you had to specify she’s white but I guess we can chalk that up to type? :unsure:

Just describing her. As I listed brunette, I add white to more fully describe the person, as I had listed no kids, height, distance, oh she's 39 years old too. So if listed white makes you think I'm racist? Do i hate redheads and blondes too? c'mon Plus, it's dating, I do have specific things in a woman I'm attracted to and if white is one of them, so be it; plus more familiarity with similar western European heritage / values.

Most of the single women with careers and no kids travel extensively to foreign countries quite often and have no intention to stop traveling, which is a lot of money every year, and I'm not all that into traveling.

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

She didn't say anything about kids.  IIRC you are older and perhaps not looking for somebody to raise kids with; if so... I'd be a lot more concerned about a woman with this attitude who doesn't want kids.  To me it just reeks of someone looking for a sugar daddy.  I mean, if you are printing Geek Club money like the rest of us, maybe that is your thing.  But not my thing.

I didn't get the feeling of seeking a sugar daddy.

I just went and looked and her profile indicates she's open to kids. She's age 39.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Her profile indicates she's open to kids.

She's 39.... that ship may have already sailed.

When I met my wife she was 29 and bouncing off the walls to have kids, which was a major selling point.

If kids are a thing, women in that 28-31 year old age bracket that also want kids are hearing their biological clock ticking and chiming like Big Ben.

I'm 52. If something were to happen to my wife, after morning her and getting ready to date again, I'd likely skip over the 50s, 40s, and 30s and head straight back to that 28-32 y/o range now that I know the secret. Probably read through the comment section on these trad-wife channels

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

This is where you stop being sooooo stupid.  

From the guy that is saying hey woman, stay inside and make your sandwiches and be obedient.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

She's 39.... that ship may have already sailed.

When I met my wife she was 29 and bouncing off the walls to have kids, which was a major selling point.

If kids are a thing, women in that 28-31 year old age bracket that also want kids are hearing their biological clock ticking and chiming like Big Ben.

I'm 52. If something were to happen to my wife, after morning her and getting ready to date again, I'd likely skip over the 50s, 40s, and 30s and head straight back to that 28-32 y/o range now that I know the secret. 

I doubt she wants to give birth and raise kids, probably just means she's open to being with a guy who has kid(s) from a previous marriage.

24 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

From the guy that is saying hey woman, stay inside and make your sandwiches and be obedient.

Wrong, never did I say that liar, stop being so stupid and read what I said.  That statement above 👆🏿Comes from a stupid person who uses his own wife has bait at the bar so he get his jerk on   

Now move on stupid 👆🏿

• Haha 1

Just now, weepaws said:

That statement above 👆🏿Comes from a stupid person who uses his own wife has bait at the bar so he get his jerk on   

Which book is that from? :unsure:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I doubt she wants to give birth and raise kids, probably just means she's open to being with a guy who has kid(s) from a previous marriage.

I know this doesn’t mean much, but why not reach out and see what happens, this could be a blessing from the Lord for the both of you.  One never knows.  

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Which book is that from? :unsure:

The book of cyclone , thanks for asking.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wrong, never did I say that liar, stop being so stupid and read what I said.  That statement above 👆🏿Comes from a stupid person who uses his own wife has bait at the bar so he get his jerk on   

Now move on stupid 👆🏿

🤣🤣 you still trotting that one out thumper? That’s hilarious. 

but it’s very on brand for you that I make a post that compliments women in the fact that they want careers and work for it now and you just randomly call it foolish with no context or explanation. For a religious person that is so on brand, it makes me smile. 

Just now, cyclone24 said:

🤣🤣 you still trotting that one out thumper? That’s hilarious. 

but it’s very on brand for you that I make a post that compliments women in the fact that they want careers and work for it now and you just randomly call it foolish with no context or explanation. For a religious person that is so on brand, it makes me smile. 

Your wife being hit up on in bars at 2 am makes you smile just the same.  Get lost loser. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Your wife being hit up on in bars at 2 am makes you smile just the same.  Get lost loser. 

You try so hard. Maybe there’s a vague Bible verse you can trot out that will help you cope. 
Or maybe you can imaginary in your head talk to him. However, in the fock that works you weirdos.

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You try so hard. Maybe there’s a vague Bible verse you can trot out that will help you cope. 
Or maybe you can imaginary in your head talk to him. However, in the fock that works you weirdos.

I said get lost loser.  Can’t  you read?  I’m done with you on this thread.  Move on clown. And now you’re stalking me.  Loser.  

Ephesians 5:33

However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself

Ezekiel 16:28

Thou hast played the wh0re also with the Assyrians, because thou wast unsatiable; yea, thou hast played the harlot with them, and yet couldest not be satisfied.

Judges 19:2

And his concubine played the wh0re against him, and went away from him unto her father's house to Bethlehemjudah, and was there four whole months

:shocking:

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I said get lost loser.  Can’t  you read?  I’m done with you on this thread.  Move on clown. And now you’re stalking me.  Loser.  

Stalking you? Lol. You would be the most boring MF or on the planet to stalk. 

by the way, five of my last six quote replies are from you. But go on.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

She matched with me. 

She's 5'8", no kids, brunette, white, pretty good looking, and she matched with me but didn't say anything back, and she lives an hour away and is athiest. Not sure I want to deal with driving to another city again; been there done that.

Given her goals it seems she would be willing to relocate.  It's not like a job is holding her, but maybe family is.

• Like 1