Sign in to follow this  
jonnyutah

Dont let dems fool you. Violent crime is up 75%

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That’s what random YouTube interviews are for, right?

Appeal to authority could be your most important flaw

20 hours ago, peenie said:

You didn't mind when the poster used that video to justify segregation. 

And I don't see you on here talking about all black dormitories on college campuses justifying segregation.....

2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

And I don't see you on here talking about all black dormitories on college campuses justifying segregation.....

No=No...that is about ensuring they have a ...."safe space"....   this due to "black fragility"......    

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

No=No...that is about ensuring they have a ...."safe space"....   this due to "black fragility"......    

Thanks for clearing that up👍 I think I'll go self reflect on my insensitivity now😂🤣

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Bad data from the FBI mislead about crime

🤭   Its only funny because......as much as they lie.....we usually have the truth eventually....

Quote from this article:

Our analysis of 40 jurisdictions that both reported data to the FBI and the Major Cities Chiefs Association, which collects data from the largest police departments, shows that homicide declined 10.2% across 40 major cities in 2023 since 2022, but the FBI reported a 12.8% decline in those same jurisdictions

Got ‘em!!

Milwaukee police reported a 7 pct increase in robberies. The FBI reported a 13 pct decrease. That’s way beyond a rounding error. Don’t stop believing. 

Quote from this article:

Our analysis of 40 jurisdictions that both reported data to the FBI and the Major Cities Chiefs Association, which collects data from the largest police departments, shows that homicide declined 10.2% across 40 major cities in 2023 since 2022, but the FBI reported a 12.8% decline in those same jurisdictions

Got ‘em!!

What about the jurisdictions that didn’t report? How did the FBI tally those numbers?  There are a lot more than 40 cities in the US. 

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Quote from this article:

Got ‘em!!

Cognitive dissonance.....

Crime is not falling.....the way the FBI compels its collection is the main factor in suppressing the reality, and it leads to decreased reporting as well.

We have said all along that the act of making crime less reportable would not reduce it.  We know crime is actually still as much, and probably more, of a problem today than it has been for the last 20 years.

Lie to yourself all you want, support the corrupt liars in government all you want....this all has an endgame....lying will only get you but so far....

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Crime is not falling.....the way the FBI compels its collection is the main factor in suppressing the reality, and it leads to decreased reporting as well.

We have said all along that the act of making crime less reportable would not reduce it.  We know crime is actually still as much, and probably more, of a problem today than it has been for the last 20 years.

Lie to yourself all you want, support the corrupt liars in government all you want....this all has an endgame....lying will only get you but so far....

So ridiculous with you people.

Crime isn't falling, they're just counting crime differently to trick you.

Trump didn't lose the election, it was just stolen.

All these jobs being created are just part time jobs and multiple jobs.

All these crimes are made up, it's a witchhunt.

This country is a sh1thole, third world nation.

It's gotta be so tiring to lie all the time to change reality to support your political viewpoint of the world.

• Like 1

Further proof democrats do not care about crime. If they did they wouldn’t play games.  

Just now, Ron_Artest said:

It's gotta be so tiring to lie all the time to change reality to support your political viewpoint of the world.

But they are counting it differently.  You didn’t know that? Good god man, read some news once in a while. 

7 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

We know they are lying.   Finally a journalist dared to speak out about the game.  Hiding from it hurts the people you pretend to care about. It perverse.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We know they are lying.   Finally a journalist dared to speak out about the game.  Hiding from it hurts the people you pretend to care about. It perverse.

💥

45 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The article you posted primarily cites the same data that OP cited (although I had to link the source for him).  The thread has come full circle.

Reminder that that data only showed a “75% increase!!” because it declined in 2019 and 2020, then stayed flat vs 2020 in 2021.   Much of the 2022 numbers in that data are comparable to 2018.

The article you posted primarily cites the same data that OP cited (although I had to link the source for him).  The thread has come full circle.

Reminder that that data only showed a “75% increase!!” because it declined in 2019 and 2020, then stayed flat vs 2020 in 2021.   Much of the 2022 numbers in that data are comparable to 2018.

This behavior is not unlike what I managed to highlight with the MOD pizza situation.

Rather than be interested and thoughtful, and evolve your understanding, you instead seek out some small element that feeds your bias.  Meanwhile, the people you pretend to care about are harmed more and more. 

Can you understand how this might come across to folks?

Lol that the guy whining about bringing up Manhattan as just one example of where rents are up and not due to illegals, was the same guy spamming this thread about violent crime in the whole country with stories of the National Guard in NYC subways

10 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This behavior is not unlike what I managed to highlight with the MOD pizza situation.

Rather than be interested and thoughtful, and evolve your understanding, you instead seek out some small element that feeds your bias.  Meanwhile, the people you pretend to care about are harmed more and more. 

Can you understand how this might come across to folks?

I’d be interested in discussing it seriously if others were, unfortunately that’s not the case.  They mostly just want to blame it on  things like blacks, illegals or Biden, and instead of adding serious comments will just spaz with comments about the National Guard in NYC subways.

I’m not saying crime isn’t a problem, but we need to put it in perspective.  It is comparable to 2018.  Saying “it’s up 75%!!!” is not honest.

Just now, TimHauck said:

I’d be interested in discussing it seriously if others were, unfortunately that’s not the case.  They mostly just want to blame it on  things like blacks, illegals or Biden, and instead of adding serious comments will just spaz with comments about the National Guard in NYC subways.

I’m not saying crime isn’t a problem, but we need to put it in perspective.  It is comparable to 2018.  Saying “it’s up 75%!!!” is not honest.

I think blame is often a curious thing.  It can be difficult to link actions and outcomes. 

I think we have enough evidence on hand to understand that the approach toward policing, prosecution and crime in general is not sustainable.

We have to stop the allowance for crime.  

I think blaming Biden is probably less effective than looking at local DA's and politicians.....they are failing their people.

Illegal Migrants attacked NYC cops again. Still think they are sending us their best? 

Today was like my 7,500th day walking around a Big City without being murdered, robbed or assaulted even once. I must be the baddest MFer on the planet.

:bandana: 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Today was like my 7,500th day walking around a Big City without being murdered, robbed or assaulted even once. I must be the baddest MFer on the planet.

:bandana: 

Wow....look at you! On the good side of the statistics 👍 Maybe later, after you are done stroking yourself,  you will take a moment to think of those that were murdered, robbed or assaulted. Maybe you will even think of those that live with the aftermath of having to use deadly force to protect themselves & their families. Prolly not though....you are safe, that's all that counts.

17 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Wow....look at you! On the good side of the statistics 👍 Maybe later, after you are done stroking yourself,  you will take a moment to think of those that were murdered, robbed or assaulted. Maybe you will even think of those that live with the aftermath of having to use deadly force to protect themselves & their families. Prolly not though....you are safe, that's all that counts.

Tough guy moved out to Olive Garden and Outback land.Don’t listen to a word he says. 

29 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

You must be new here. This is the GC, where middle aged white suburbanites pretend to GAF about crime but only to prove a political point. :thumbsup: 

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

You must be new here. This is the GC, where middle aged white suburbanites pretend to GAF about crime but only to prove a political point. :thumbsup: 

How you liking the Bloomin Onion? Way too greasy for me. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How you liking the Bloomin Onion? Way too greasy for me. 

He prefers the bloomin balloon knot....the grease helps.

• Haha 2

Anytime you ladies visit Fishtown I’ll buy you a beer and teach you how to stay safe in the Big City. :cheers:

Head on a swivel baby. :bandana: 

Fishtown.  Lol. 3 pct black. You’re a badass. 

I’d even bring Tardcore to Chuck E Cheese for a beer, long as he lets me wear my hat and doesn’t get handsy with the youngins.

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2024 at 9:25 PM, TimHauck said:

Lol if anyone thinks rent is up because of an increase in illegal immigrants.  Rent is up because all housing is up, and while obviously the % increases have been crazy, in most places it’s actually much cheaper per month now to rent vs own a comparable home.

If you think that a flood of illegal immigrants looking for affordable housing doesn’t drive up prices, maybe Economics 101 is for you.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, peenie said:

I’ve read that crime in many areas is at an all time low. Like within 50 years.

(Detroit and Florida in particular)

The Cold War was in full swing until I left for basic training at which point, the Soviets threw in the towel. Now, 35 years later, I have personally reduced crime across two states. Being in my presence instills fear in criminals and dictators.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Anytime you ladies visit Fishtown

Holy Shizz, I remember Fishtown from my Manayunk days. Fishtown is the White trash capital of Philly. More crackheads per capita than anywhere in the Country. 

3 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

personally reduced crime across two states. Being in my presence

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d even bring Tardcore to Chuck E Cheese for a beer, long as he lets me wear my hat and get handsy with the youngins.

Unfortunately I had to go there Saturday.   Hopefully never again. You could smell the weed on the diverse crowd. Getting stoned at the Chuck E Cheese. Real nice. 

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If you think that a flood of illegal immigrants looking for affordable housing doesn’t drive up prices, maybe Economics 101 is for you.

That's not what the data shows, but you don't care about that.

24 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

That's not what the data shows, but you don't care about that.

Yeah, Portland said they could not find any data to prove legalization of drugs would make the situations worse.....but there were also people with simple common sense who knew it would.....

If you insist on abandoning common sense and hiding behind cowardly notions like "the data doesnt show that"....YOU should have to live in the midst of the focking dumbarse sh!t morons like you create....

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

You may have missed this post a few posts later, HTH

On 4/7/2024 at 6:44 AM, TimHauck said:

Showing that ALL housing is up significantly.  The median sales price of a home in the US is $418K ($698K in the northeast, $518K in the West, $387K in the South, and $363K in the Midwest) - https://fred.stlouisfed.org/release/tables?rid=97&eid=206085#snid=206087.  That’s up 27% vs the beginning of 2020. And that’s on top of doubled mortgage rates since then (thanks, Biden).

Adding more people looking for low cost housing doesn’t cause ALL housing to increase.  That’s not how economics works.   ALL housing prices are up, including at the higher levels, so if people can’t afford something anymore, they instead buy or rent something a little less expensive, and that continues down the line as prices at all levels increase.

An increase in illegal immigrants has some impact on rents at the lowest levels, but they’re not impacting overall rent prices.

Comparing rents in Manhattan to poor and working class areas. It’s not even the same ecosystem. It’s two different worlds. How Fockin simple can you be? Here’s a news flash:  Remember the mortgage crisis and home values fell? Well, they didn’t fall in the Hamptons.  Get a clue. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Yeah, Portland said they could not find any data to prove legalization of drugs would make the situations worse.....but there were also people with simple common sense who knew it would.....

If you insist on abandoning common sense and hiding behind cowardly notions like "the data doesnt show that"....YOU should have to live in the midst of the focking dumbarse sh!t morons like you create....

You're the kind of guy that cannot accept reality because it doesn't match what your opinion of reality should be.  I know people like you.  I pity them.  I would pity you if you weren't such an ass hole.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Comparing rents in Manhattan to poor and working class areas. It’s not even the same ecosystem. It’s two different worlds. How Fockin simple can you be? Here’s a news flash:  Remember the mortgage crisis and home values fell? Well, they didn’t fall in the Hamptons.  Get a clue. 

Wrong Again 🤣

I've written a lot about the plight of the rich in the current recession. Reuters has an article today explaining another way in which they're suffering. Their expensive houses are losing even more value than lower priced homes. That's making matters more troublesome those trying to sell pricey estates.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2009/10/housing-crisis-worse-on-the-high-end/28378/

5 minutes ago, Ron_Artest said:

417 k. Lol That’s not the Hamptons I was referring to. Didn’t read again, did you?