Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eagles lose Swift, get Saquon Barkley

We'll have questions about Barkley and his TD scoring ability given their use of Hurts around the goaline. Barkley has scored 10 TDs in each of the last two seasons with the Giants.

Going to be interesting to see how he’s used.  Upgrade for sure 

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is this a downgrade for Hurts?

i don't THINK so - for every rushing td he loses to saquon he probably gains a passing td TO Saquon.  i generally believe more and better weapons around a QB help the QB's value...

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Is this a downgrade for Hurts?

I would say so, especially within the 5 yard line and goal line situations. If legal I'm sure they'll still use the tush Push on very short yardage situations. 

Yeah I lean towards it hurting Hurts. He really relies on those rushing tds for elite fantasy status 

Does anyone find it ironic that Swift is no longer around now that Kelce moved on?

8 hours ago, LaChup said:

Does anyone find it ironic that Swift is no longer around now that Kelce moved on?

🤔

On 3/11/2024 at 2:36 PM, cavern said:

i don't THINK so - for every rushing td he loses to saquon he probably gains a passing td TO Saquon.  i generally believe more and better weapons around a QB help the QB's value...

probably true.

it also makes the offense more dynamic.  

once again I question whether he performs well enough late in the contract but for a couple years, Sequon is gonna be the man

I wonder how the Giants feel now about prioritizing a contract for Daniel Jones and not for Saquon Barkley.

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I wonder how the Giants feel now about prioritizing a contract for Daniel Jones and not for Saquon Barkley.

One had nothing to do with the other…

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

They shouldn't of drafted either where they did. 

• Like 1

Penn State HC James Franklin said that #Eagles general Howie Roseman spoke directly to RB Saquon Barkley during the negotiating period, which is TAMPERING, per NBC.

Shut your mouth Rat! 

Worry about being the worst Coach in College Football every year! 

I don't think the addition of Barkley will hurt Jalen Hurts that much although a lot of other people seem to think his QB ranking drops and probably rightfully so for fantasy. In reality Barkley's a huge boost to the Eagles offense and I hope we don't see.thst damned tush push as much. Jason Kelce's retired now and he was a big part of why the brotherly shove was so successful. Yes they'll still use it in short yardage, especially if it's 4th down and.less than a yard but they would be wise to use the bruising RB to get that yardage. Signing Barkley looks like they're trying to imitate my 49ers when.they signed the amazing Christian McCaffrey but Barkley's no CMC. I do however applaud the Eagles for snagging Barkley.and.dojng what.they feel helps their offense.

Barkely is a true upside.  

1 hour ago, DocNiner said:

I don't think the addition of Barkley will hurt Jalen Hurts that much although a lot of other people seem to think his QB ranking drops and probably rightfully so for fantasy. In reality Barkley's a huge boost to the Eagles offense and I hope we don't see.thst damned tush push as much. Jason Kelce's retired now and he was a big part of why the brotherly shove was so successful. Yes they'll still use it in short yardage, especially if it's 4th down and.less than a yard but they would be wise to use the bruising RB to get that yardage. Signing Barkley looks like they're trying to imitate my 49ers when.they signed the amazing Christian McCaffrey but Barkley's no CMC. I do however applaud the Eagles for snagging Barkley.and.dojng what.they feel helps their offense.

What it does is give Philly a lot more options on 3rd and 1 or 2. You'll still see the tush push at times but definitely not as frequent. 

I think what Hurts loses in that regard will be made up by the passing game now. No more double teaming AJ and Smith on early downs. Play action will be huge now.