29 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

i was there.

So was your mom.

watching it with me

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

i was there.

Where ? In the studio ?

That’s awesome- knew Bugles were #1 didn’t know Rod was #2 and The Who up there as well. Don’t know the Pat Penatar song. 

Age old question- Martha or Nina ???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

That’s awesome- knew Bugles were #1 didn’t know Rod was #2 and The Who up there as well. Don’t know the Pat Penatar song. 

Martha and knew the Bugles too, I remember they played the heck out of Under Pressure by Queen & Bowie back then.

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Who are they?

I was never crazy about either then but would go Martha now and maybe like Nina more back then:dunno:

I called into MTV once to request Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue. I got on the air. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Jenny McCarthy

Watching this, they sure didn't use sex to help promote their station. Videos with sexy chics and artist probably didn't happen till around 83.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Watching this, they sure didn't use sex to help promote their station. Videos with sexy chics and artist probably didn't happen till around 83.

I was 10 when MTV started and when I 1st saw Lets get physical. I never knew it was about sex, until a guy said it on Sirius a few months ago :doh: 

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

I was 10 when MTV started and when I 1st saw Lets get physical. I never knew it was about sex, until a guy said it on Sirius a few months ago :doh: 

I pretty much knew it was and thought it was funny Olivia got away with it pretending to be about exercise.. I was 10 also when MTV came out. My bad I was 11.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Who are they?

2 of the 5 original VJs. The only two females. Martha was the girl next door prototype and Nina was supposed to be the sexy one. 

8 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

2 of the 5 original VJs. The only two females. Martha was the girl next door prototype and Nina was supposed to be the sexy one. 

For fawks sakes!!!

1:Pat Benatar was the second song played and her husband Spider was the first guitar played on MTV. 

2-

Martha

Nina

JJJackson

Mark Goodwin 

and I can’t believe I can’t remember the other one.

13 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

For fawks sakes!!!

1:Pat Benatar was the second song played and her husband Spider was the first guitar played on MTV. 

2-

Martha

Nina

JJJackson

Mark Goodwin 

and I can’t believe I can’t remember the other one.

Alan Hunter. He and some of the others are DJs on SiriusXM radio now. 

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Alan Hunter. He and some of the others are DJs on SiriusXM radio now. 

Yea I heard Alan awhile back when I had Sirius in my Monte. I think JJ does one too.

Neil Geraldo is Spider ? And good call - first guitar on MTV. 

Did artists make videos before the MTV era?  If so...where were they aired?  They must have-- otherwise how did the Buggles, and whoever else had videos in the early days MTV have videos already prepared? 

9 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Neil Geraldo is Spider ? And good call - first guitar on MTV. 

That’s her nickname name for him.

9 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Did artists make videos before the MTV era?  If so...where were they aired?  They must have-- otherwise how did the Buggles, and whoever else had videos in the early days MTV have videos already prepared? 

Lot of the video's of on stage was for other shows I believe but some of the ones like the Buggles was probably pre made for MTV.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:41 PM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

i was there.

Me too, we're old :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_video#:~:text=In 1894%2C sheet music publishers,screen simultaneous to live performances.

On 3/13/2024 at 1:42 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

I was never crazy about either then but would go Martha now and maybe like Nina more back then:dunno:

LOL, I seriously don't know who they are. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:38 PM, TommyGavin said:

Nina Blackwood?  She's on the 80's channel on Sirius/XM.  She sounds like she smokes 2 packs a day.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Nina Blackwood?  She's on the 80's channel on Sirius/XM.  She sounds like she smokes 2 packs a day.

Yes. Her. I think she always had a raspy voice. 

11 hours ago, TommyGavin said:

Yes. Her. I think she always had a raspy voice. 

Did a little Google searching and found images of them when they were younger.  I don't think either were really all that attractive.   Not "ugly", but too good looking.   I'd give both a 4.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Did a little Google searching and found images of them when they were younger.  I don't think either were really all that attractive.   Not "ugly", but too good looking.   I'd give both a 4.

Yep that is them and another reason MTV did not use sex to sale their product starting out. Nina always had that voice too.