Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Hiking Is a Walk That Sucks

Zion is a blast for hiking 

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I'm deathly afraid of heights. I couldn't do that for all the money in the world. :(

I used to hike at the Boulder Flatirons when i lived in CO.  I miss it.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:57 AM, RLLD said:

I am going next month, god I can't focking wait.

@jerryskids you've done this hike before, no? Any tips/suggestions? I was too late to get into the seasonal permit lottery but they do a day-before one I plan on entering everyday I'm in Zion NP. The AllTrails app I use (great for hiking, I use it all the time) says a lot of times they don't even check so hopefully I'll get lucky either way.

No surprise the incel that lives in his parents basement doesn't like outdoors. 

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

No surprise the incel that lives in his parents basement doesn't like outdoors. 

He’s Maximum Overkill now, the slightly less maladjusted but even more tranny obsessed weirdo.

19 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I am going next month, god I can't focking wait.

@jerryskids you've done this hike before, no? Any tips/suggestions? I was too late to get into the seasonal permit lottery but they do a day-before one I plan on entering everyday I'm in Zion NP. The AllTrails app I use (great for hiking, I use it all the time) says a lot of times they don't even check so hopefully I'll get lucky either way.

Yes, we did it two years ago.  We got lucky with the day-before option, especially since we were only in Zion one day (it was part of driving back from Michigan to AZ).  They did check when we went.  Also we use AllTrails which I agree is great -- we just used it to find a random hike in Clinton NJ to kill time before meeting my cousin.

Anyway, tips/suggestions... You have to go uphill a ways to get to the actual landing, but it's either paved or very smooth.  Parts of that have good views, especially if you enjoy watching out of shape people in poor shoes/clothing struggle with the climb.  :D 

The Angel's Landing part is chained off very well; there was maybe one small part that was a little sketchy.  But unless you have a fear of heights, you are protected quite well.  Heck, I did two more dangerous hikes this past year in Sedona (Fay Canyon arch, and Devil's Bridge in the snow which was somewhat risky).  We went in the morning to avoid the heat, but not crazy early.  Nevertheless, the earlier you go, the less crowded it will be.  My biggest advice is to bring your patience -- many parts are one-way, and you'll find yourself in a group waiting for a pile of people to finish going the other way.

Hope you get to do it!  Let us know how it goes.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Yes, we did it two years ago.  We got lucky with the day-before option, especially since we were only in Zion one day (it was part of driving back from Michigan to AZ).  They did check when we went.  Also we use AllTrails which I agree is great -- we just used it to find a random hike in Clinton NJ to kill time before meeting my cousin.

Anyway, tips/suggestions... You have to go uphill a ways to get to the actual landing, but it's either paved or very smooth.  Parts of that have good views, especially if you enjoy watching out of shape people in poor shoes/clothing struggle with the climb.  :D 

The Angel's Landing part is chained off very well; there was maybe one small part that was a little sketchy.  But unless you have a fear of heights, you are protected quite well.  Heck, I did two more dangerous hikes this past year in Sedona (Fay Canyon arch, and Devil's Bridge in the snow which was somewhat risky).  We went in the morning to avoid the heat, but not crazy early.  Nevertheless, the earlier you go, the less crowded it will be.  My biggest advice is to bring your patience -- many parts are one-way, and you'll find yourself in a group waiting for a pile of people to finish going the other way.

Hope you get to do it!  Let us know how it goes.  :thumbsup: 

Awesome, Thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

My biggest advice is to bring your patience -- many parts are one-way, and you'll find yourself in a group waiting for a pile of people to finish going the other way.

No thanks.  My patience are too short and I'd become annoyed and ruin the hike.

12 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

No thanks.  My patience are too short and I'd become annoyed and ruin the hike.

Then you would particularly dislike the people who are scared and go painfully slow, but don't think to step aside for the people moving at a normal pace...

Seriously though, I am the most impatient person in the world, to which my wife will gladly attest.  It really wasn't too bad.  You just need to breathe deeply and enjoy the spectacular views throughout the landing a few times in the hike. :thumbsup: 

21 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

No f'n way.  :lol:

If you don't hear from me after the end of June you'll know it wasn't a good idea :lol:

I went hiking in the Adirondacks a couple weeks ago and had to climb up the sides of mountains and sh1t. I love the thrill and the views.

5 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

If you don't hear from me after the end of June you'll know it wasn't a good idea :lol:

I went hiking in the Adirondacks a couple weeks ago and had to climb up the sides of mountains and sh1t. I love the thrill and the views.

Unfortunately, I have an irrational fear of heights so I'd probably panic and fall right off the side.  :lol:

On 3/15/2024 at 5:52 AM, seafoam1 said:

I’m sure walking much at all sucks for this dude