Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Has Anyone Ever Dated A Liberal?

8 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You've lost.  Badly.  May God Have Mercy on your soul.

He did lose badly. But I think he's used to it..

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting.  I would guess my immediate neighborhood is... slightly Trumpy.  Probably close to even though.  Yet no Trump signs, lots of "In this house..." signs.  No Biden signs because, honestly, nobody really likes him.

Certainly on FB I've got friends who aren't shy about both.  Most of the pro-Trumpers (maybe all, actually, as I think about it) are from my original hometown in NE PA.  I can't think of anyone in my current/local FB crowd who brazenly professes love for Trump.

Several do so against Trump, though.  

I was talking more about face to face interaction.  Have you had a friend who doesn't know your political affiliation say something pro MAGA/Trump to your face?  I can't think of it happening to me.  The opposite certainly has though.

Face to face is probably closer to 50/50.

There were definitely a decent amount of “in this house” signs 4 years ago, but I rarely see those or similar anymore.

Like I said, I wish people would just go back to when it was considered rude to broadcast your political opinions to the world. Honesty nobody focking cares what you think (true for both sides)

41 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting.  I would guess my immediate neighborhood is... slightly Trumpy.  Probably close to even though.  Yet no Trump signs, lots of "In this house..." signs.  No Biden signs because, honestly, nobody really likes him.

Certainly on FB I've got friends who aren't shy about both.  Most of the pro-Trumpers (maybe all, actually, as I think about it) are from my original hometown in NE PA.  I can't think of anyone in my current/local FB crowd who brazenly professes love for Trump.

Several do so against Trump, though.  

I was talking more about face to face interaction.  Have you had a friend who doesn't know your political affiliation say something pro MAGA/Trump to your face?  I can't think of it happening to me.  The opposite certainly has though.

Is your 50/50 neighborhood because of the state you live in?  Or are you in the boonies?

I live in Maryland in a decently affluent suburban area, despite my crackerbox house, and during the last election I'd say the Trump/Biden signs were about 20/80.  Overwhelmingly Biden.  Now if I went to the eastern shore or ventured into one of the more rural areas it's the opposite.

But regardless, dems only post signs during the election.  You see Trump flags in Trumpy areas all year round which is how I judge how politically outspoken someone is.  If someone flies a politicians flag during non election cycles that tells me a lot about that person. 

This is like when Matt Damon took that pony tailed effeminate clown to school in Good Will Hunting. At least that guy had the good sense to slink away. 

3 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Is your 50/50 neighborhood because of the state you live in?  Or are you in the boonies?

I live in Maryland in a decently affluent suburban area, despite my crackerbox house, and during the last election I'd say the Trump/Biden signs were about 20/80.  Overwhelmingly Biden.  Now if I went to the eastern shore or ventured into one of the more rural areas it's the opposite.

But regardless, dems only post signs during the election.  You see Trump flags in Trumpy areas all year round which is how I judge how politically outspoken someone is.  If someone flies a politicians flag during non election cycles that tells me a lot about that person. 

Not boonies, suburb in the heart of town.  We downsized when I retired from cancer and went to one income, but the area is nice.  I'd guess, based on yard signs, that my previous neighborhood was more Biden-y.

Thoughts on my response to you?

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Not boonies, suburb in the heart of town.  We downsized when I retired from cancer and went to one income, but the area is nice.  I'd guess, based on yard signs, that my previous neighborhood was more Biden-y.

Thoughts on my response to you?

I would suggest the most extreme and passionate and emotional are about equal.  For every meme posted of liberals crying at the sky you could post vids of angry Trump supporters booing the media, hating on Biden, etc.

I'd also suggest that conservatives insistence that the election was stolen despite ZERO evidence shows how much they rely on emotion over facts. Heck RLLD here insists that Biden inherited a "good" economy despite all the facts to the contrary.  He then posts vids of Trump fans crying about the economy.  These are emotional responses.

On the flip side you've got idiot libs who support extreme woke nonsense based on emotions.

So I'd call it even. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Must depend on where you are. In my area the Trumpers are very loud and obnoxious, including with obscene stickers and decals on their trucks, flags out front, signs etc., plus just if you’re out in public they feel very free to tell you whatever nutjob beliefs they have.

You may get a little of that with liberals wackos too but I’d say it’s easily 80/20 Trumpers, if not even more. 

Personally I wish we’d just return to the days when it was rude to discuss politics or religion in public settings. But I ain’t holding my breath on that!

Honestly, in my area, it's the Biden/Harris signs and stickers I see more than anything Trump. 

If you go out into the more rural areas, you'll see more of the "State of Jefferson" or whatever the people of Nor Cal want to create, and even then the Trump stuff is few and far between. 

I was actually very surprised when Trump won in 2016, I was completely expecting a Hillary landslide simply because of the amount of Hillary support I saw around where I live. It was incredibly vocal and emotional, not much about Trump here. 

Face to face talk? Meh. Only with a few close friends. I fake it with my one liberal friend. Mostly because I've known her for a long time and if she really knew how I felt she'd probably be the one to stop being my friend and we've known each other since we were 9. So, I don't talk much politics with her, and when she pulls her "down with capitalism" I raise my fist in agreement! Down with the patriarchy! BOO! Men suck! RAH! 

That's kind of why I feel the way I do about dating. 

47 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

I would suggest the most extreme and passionate and emotional are about equal.  For every meme posted of liberals crying at the sky you could post vids of angry Trump supporters booing the media, hating on Biden, etc.

I'd also suggest that conservatives insistence that the election was stolen despite ZERO evidence shows how much they rely on emotion over facts. Heck RLLD here insists that Biden inherited a "good" economy despite all the facts to the contrary.  He then posts vids of Trump fans crying about the economy.  These are emotional responses.

On the flip side you've got idiot libs who support extreme woke nonsense based on emotions.

So I'd call it even. 

Well, you can call it even, but science doesn't.  It is indisputable that liberals/leftists are more emotion-driven, based on scientific research, not your anecdotal feelz.  If you disagree, please provide scientific research to support your claim.  :thumbsup: 

Seriously, this is why most successful artists/creative minds with divergent, out of the box thinking are liberal.  These are the people coming up with the latest revolutionary ideas.  It's not inherently a bad thing.  But it isn't fact-based; that is the conservatives.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is like when Matt Damon took that pony tailed effeminate clown to school in Good Will Hunting. At least that guy had the good sense to slink away. 

How do you like them apples 

1 hour ago, Dozer FBG said:

Is your mom a liberal?

…cuz I dated her.

His mom that you dated is your cuz? small world

10 hours ago, BeachGuy23 said:

Couldn't imagine dating a cultist

You mean a Woman? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re trying too hard

14 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Honestly, in my area, it's the Biden/Harris signs and stickers I see more than anything Trump. 

If you go out into the more rural areas, you'll see more of the "State of Jefferson" or whatever the people of Nor Cal want to create, and even then the Trump stuff is few and far between. 

I was actually very surprised when Trump won in 2016, I was completely expecting a Hillary landslide simply because of the amount of Hillary support I saw around where I live. It was incredibly vocal and emotional, not much about Trump here. 

Face to face talk? Meh. Only with a few close friends. I fake it with my one liberal friend. Mostly because I've known her for a long time and if she really knew how I felt she'd probably be the one to stop being my friend and we've known each other since we were 9. So, I don't talk much politics with her, and when she pulls her "down with capitalism" I raise my fist in agreement! Down with the patriarchy! BOO! Men suck! RAH! 

That's kind of why I feel the way I do about dating. 

I agree with everyone when they talk politics and then I try to change the subject quickly. 

It is the easiest way to deal with it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I agree with everyone when they talk politics and then I try to change the subject quickly. 

It is the easiest way to deal with it in my opinion.

Smart man!