Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Dallas police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident

BREAKING !

Police are searching for Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice in their investigation of a major accident Saturday in Dallas, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Word is he was street racing and lost control causing a 6 car accident...

Not good for his fantasy football outlook

Wow, very sad situation, I’ll be praying.  

Any updates? 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Any updates? 

theres dashcam footage of the crash out there as well. Pretty wild how fast they exited the vehicle and just walked off

Hmmmm ..; Corvette 1/4 mile time = 11.2 seconds.  Lambo Urus 1/4 mile time = 11.3 seconds.  Basically, whoever initiated the "race," won. 

Sounds like they both lost. 

I wouldnt be surprised if they left the scene because they were intoxicated and didnt want a DUI

Ohhh Rashee, you done did it now! You goin to da hoosegow G. 

Don't drop the soap 😞

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I wouldnt be surprised if they left the scene because they were intoxicated and didnt want a DUI

I would say that is best case scenario

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I would say that is best case scenario

To leave the scene? 

The Chiefs have always been made up of low quality people, not only players either. Remember their assistant coach and son of current coach nearly killed that little girl? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9326257/amp/Ariel-wake-honey-Dramatic-audio-reveals-aftermath-crash-involving-Kansas-City-Chiefs-coach.html

Disband the whole damn team 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

To leave the scene? 

maybe not the best case scenario in real life, but leaving the scene of the accident likely doesnt get him suspended.  he could play dumb and say he was scared of cops or something.    but the reality is a DUI in that scenario does likely get him some form of suspension.

Leaving the scene?    maybe a fine?    I dont really anticipate a suspension from that though someone here may know better than I do on the matter.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

To leave the scene? 

No, that they only left because they were drunk. And not also because of weapons drugs etc 

23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe not the best case scenario in real life, but leaving the scene of the accident likely doesnt get him suspended.  he could play dumb and say he was scared of cops or something.    but the reality is a DUI in that scenario does likely get him some form of suspension.

Leaving the scene?    maybe a fine?    I dont really anticipate a suspension from that though someone here may know better than I do on the matter.

It seems it could possibly be a felony in Texas. But probably only for the driver and they may not be able to prove rice was driving even if he was. And even if they could, it’d probably still be pled to a misdemeanor I’d imagine.

He’s very lucky nobody was serious hurt or killed.

I thought taking off from a accident would be costly to those that left.  I guess they can’t prove it was you would be the benefit. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I thought taking off from a accident would be costly to those that left.  I guess they can’t prove it was you would be the benefit. 

where I live, the penalty of leaving the scene of an accident is about the same as the penalty for a DUI.    this was done I suspect to keep people from leaving the scene of an accident.

though I still think that the stigma of the DUI is worse than the stigma of leaving the scene of an accident even if the penalty is the same.   with the latter you could always claim you panicked or got scared or something.   the former, you were an idiot after having some drinks and decided to drive.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

where I live, the penalty of leaving the scene of an accident is about the same as the penalty for a DUI.    this was done I suspect to keep people from leaving the scene of an accident.

though I still think that the stigma of the DUI is worse than the stigma of leaving the scene of an accident even if the penalty is the same.   with the latter you could always claim you panicked or got scared or something.   the former, you were an idiot after having some drinks and decided to drive.

I’m going to check to that, and see what the law is here in Reno.  

32 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He needs to be made an example of 

That wont happen.    This sort of thing usually only happens when the infraction results in the death or injury of somebody.

at the end of the day hes a kid who was thrown a whole lot of money and he got himself a fast car.   I'd by lying if I said I'd never raced a car or did anything stupid that way.   but I lived in a small town, so you could go out and do this sort of thing on a country road.

cops usually let it go as long as thats the only place you did it.   You start doing that sort of thing in town then the cops started looking for you.

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

That wont happen.    This sort of thing usually only happens when the infraction results in the death or injury of somebody.

at the end of the day hes a kid who was thrown a whole lot of money and he got himself a fast car.   I'd by lying if I said I'd never raced a car or did anything stupid that way.   but I lived in a small town, so you could go out and do this sort of thing on a country road.

cops usually let it go as long as thats the only place you did it.   You start doing that sort of thing in town then the cops started looking for you.

He did it on the interstate in the middle of Dallas in broad daylight. Can’t let that slide 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He did it on the interstate in the middle of Dallas in broad daylight. Can’t let that slide 

Yup, and all documented by bystanders. 

He's not getting out of this one so easy. We haven't even gotten into the civil cases and lawsuits that are going to go down. 

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

hard to say. 

If he is smart, he quickly throws a lot of money at the problem to make it go away.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

he is smart, he quickly throws a lot of money at the problem to make it go away.

That's only going to solve the civil suits which are going to exceed far more than he's worth. 

He can't pay his way out of the felonies. 

Word is he had a gun too.

That's perfectly fine in itself, but in Texas while committing a felony, it's sentence enhancer.

So if he's street racing, while drunk, with a gun, not difficult to see why he fled the scene

1 minute ago, Maximum Overkill said:

That's only going to solve the civil suits which are going to exceed far more than he's worth. 

He can't pay his way out of the felonies. 

That 2nd contract can't get here fast enough

17 minutes ago, polecatt said:

That 2nd contract can't get here fast enough

If there is one 

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Word is he had a gun too.

That's perfectly fine in itself, but in Texas while committing a felony, it's sentence enhancer.

So if he's street racing, while drunk, with a gun, not difficult to see why he fled the scene

how does the gun affect anything?   unless he actually was using it or pointing it at people?

Maybe in the eyes of the law that doesnt mattter.

:dunno:

30 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

how does the gun affect anything?   unless he actually was using it or pointing it at people?

Maybe in the eyes of the law that doesnt mattter.

:dunno:

I don't know all the nuances of the law, but if you commit a felony while in possession of a firearm, it makes he charge more serious in the eyes of the law.

Fleeing the scene unarmed vs fleeing the scene armed. It's a more threatening situation when he's armed.

54 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I don't know all the nuances of the law, but if you commit a felony while in possession of a firearm, it makes he charge more serious in the eyes of the law.

Fleeing the scene unarmed vs fleeing the scene armed. It's a more threatening situation when he's armed.

well,  most people who commit felony's have done some act of violence, robbery or something of the like.

in this case he was driving like an idiot.

linking the two for purpose of sentencing is a little tougher sell.    at this point I never heard anything about guns being pointed at people, so even if he had a gun, proving that would be likely close to impossible, and even if you could prove it, how is it related to the original charge of dangerous driving (or whatever the local name for that charge would happen to be)

that said, it is very possible that the details of this have not all come available and some of the details we have heard may or may not be accurate, so its all speculation at this point.

However most people who flee the scene of an accident do so because of a couple reasons:

1)  they are impaired, and dont want a DUI

2) they have some other unlawful activity they are hiding.

in your case you say he had a gun.   maybe he did, maybe he didnt.   maybe he had drugs of some sort too.

purely speculative.  

but the main thing is because he left the scene, it makes a person wonder if there was another reason why he fled the scene of the accident.

personally my bet is that he had consumed some alcohol.   maybe not excessive amounts, but enough to not pass a test.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well,  most people who commit felony's have done some act of violence, robbery or something of the like.

in this case he was driving like an idiot.

linking the two for purpose of sentencing is a little tougher sell.    at this point I never heard anything about guns being pointed at people, so even if he had a gun, proving that would be likely close to impossible, and even if you could prove it, how is it related to the original charge of dangerous driving (or whatever the local name for that charge would happen to be)

that said, it is very possible that the details of this have not all come available and some of the details we have heard may or may not be accurate, so its all speculation at this point.

However most people who flee the scene of an accident do so because of a couple reasons:

1)  they are impaired, and dont want a DUI

2) they have some other unlawful activity they are hiding.

in your case you say he had a gun.   maybe he did, maybe he didnt.   maybe he had drugs of some sort too.

purely speculative.  

but the main thing is because he left the scene, it makes a person wonder if there was another reason why he fled the scene of the accident.

personally my bet is that he had consumed some alcohol.   maybe not excessive amounts, but enough to not pass a test.

It's all speculative at this point. I'm just saying what some people who were supposedly there said and explaining the law.

Not saying it makes sense or that he will get convicted of that, but it's how the law works.

I would be shocked if he wasn't drinking at least some and it would surprise me more if he didn't have a gun than if he did.

It's all for the courts to decide at this point. He can afford a good lawyer so my guess is it will get pleaded down to some sort of misdemeanor and he will get a slap on the wrist.

18 hours ago, polecatt said:

It's all speculative at this point. I'm just saying what some people who were supposedly there said and explaining the law.

Not saying it makes sense or that he will get convicted of that, but it's how the law works.

I would be shocked if he wasn't drinking at least some and it would surprise me more if he didn't have a gun than if he did.

It's all for the courts to decide at this point. He can afford a good lawyer so my guess is it will get pleaded down to some sort of misdemeanor and he will get a slap on the wrist.

yep. 

Thats pretty much where I'm at

no point saying much more until some more facts come out.

So he had marijuana in the car.  Just a small amount, but that’s a double whammy for him both legally and NFL drug policy.  Suspension coming, but how many games?  Chiefs better draft some pass catchers with Rice getting suspended, and Kelce moving to another country with his pet rat.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, JagFan said:

So he had marijuana in the car.  Just a small amount, but that’s a double whammy for him both legally and NFL drug policy.  Suspension coming, but how many games?  Chiefs better draft some pass catchers with Rice getting suspended, and Kelce moving to another country with his pet rat.

10.8 grams, which is not a small amount in Texas. Enough to be a felony

Makes one a dope.  

His lawyer made a petition to change his name to Rashee Race.

because he ran from the scene of the accident, we should call him CHICKEN fried Rice

yes, bad pun I know.

On 4/6/2024 at 1:37 PM, polecatt said:

10.8 grams, which is not a small amount in Texas. Enough to be a felony

No.  No, 10 grams of weed is not a felony in Texas.  Up to 1oz of weed in Tejas is considered misdemeanor.  10oz of green in Texas yes, felony.  Not 10 grams.... Rashee be smoking that 10 grams in a few hours with his homies.