Sign in to follow this  
edjr

California’s $20 fast food minimum wage balloons menu prices — with some chains increasing costs by nearly $2

4 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Did you just suggest this person has some.....individual accountability for their outcomes?  

Sarcasm aside, its good he at least has you, hope he can find a way to turn it around. In this nation, its never too late to secure success.

Trying to get him a job where I work. Insurance is 100% paid for by company

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Worst news I have heard today

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Worst news I have heard today

That's not funny. You just back to being q douche.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I didn’t say it was the best deal, just a decent deal, especially for California.  I have 3 kids and live in a state with a much lower COL, if I go to a fast food place it costs like $35 for 3 kids meals and 2 adult meals.

I had to drive to our other office yesterday. On my way back I went to Wendys.  

a Dave double meal, medium.  $15  

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Trying to get him a job where I work. Insurance is 100% paid for by company

That is a risk, I am sure you are already well aware of that. I hope it works out. :thumbsup:

Just now, Gepetto said:

That's not funny. You just back to being q douche.

:first: 

Just now, RLLD said:

That is a risk, I am sure you are already well aware of that. I hope it works out. :thumbsup:

Nah. he's a good kid. 4 years, never late on rent (more than a few days) 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I had to drive to our other office yesterday. On my way back I went to Wendys.  

a Dave double meal, medium.  $15  

Yes thank you for confirming that $25 for 40 nuggets and 2 large fries is a decent deal.

Although for a single person, the Wendy’s “biggie bag” is one of the best deals around

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nah. he's a good kid. 4 years, never late on rent (more than a few days) 

It's never too late.  He is lucky to have someone around who cares of course, that is a leg up.  Winning in this nation only requires hard work. 

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

$25 for 40 nuggets and 2 large fries is a decent deal.  That could feed 5+ people.

Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Pacific, 2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages[a] to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a McDonald's with forty chicken McNuggets and two large fries, but how far will they go among so many?”

10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the McNuggets, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fries.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the forty chicken McNuggets left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Pacific, 2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, “It would take more than half a year’s wages[a] to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!”

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, 9 “Here is a McDonald's with forty chicken McNuggets and two large fries, but how far will they go among so many?”

10 Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the McNuggets, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fries.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.” 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the forty chicken McNuggets left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, “Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.”

Weepaws alias?

Just now, TimHauck said:

Weepaws alias?

No, I've been posting here for years.

55 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

$25 for 40 nuggets and 2 large fries is a decent deal.  That could feed 5+ people.

Please, one Fat Blue Haired Liberal can polish that off in 10 minutes. And still not be able to pay the $25.00. 

Liberal Arts degree 😂 

• Haha 1

Dominos Pizza website all prices the same but states California prices will be different, call your California local franchise for their updated prices.

3 hours ago, edjr said:

My 1/2 brother is 35, has been working in kitchens since he was 18. half his life. He makes $21 an hour to sling food. :(   His rent is $1800 He pays 1/2 of that. Insurance is $300 a month. Has no license and no car. 

Working in kitchens is a starter job not a lifetime job.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Working in kitchens is a starter job not a lifetime job.

Chefs do pretty well :dunno:

10 minutes ago, edjr said:

Chefs do pretty well :dunno:

Yes, but you’re half brother is not a chef and he should be by now if he’s still in the kitchen.

47 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Yes, but you’re half brother is not a chef and he should be by now if he’s still in the kitchen.

"Fry chef"?

:dunno:

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

All right what Geek Club poster is really Jesse Watters?  Peefoam?  Or maybe @Casual Observer?

Maybe if they work 40 hours overtime a week Jesse. 😂 

On 4/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, TimHauck said:

All right what Geek Club poster is really Jesse Watters?  Peefoam?  Or maybe @Casual Observer?

$800.000 isn’t six figures? 

55 minutes ago, squistion said:

Probably not the best tact for someone who sits over there near the likes of Maddow, Reid and Hostin.....just sayin.....:dunno:

On 4/10/2024 at 9:18 AM, TimHauck said:

I didn’t say it was the best deal, just a decent deal, especially for California.  I have 3 kids and live in a state with a much lower COL, if I go to a fast food place it costs like $35 for 3 kids meals and 2 adult meals.

You doin it wrong...a mcds family box is 15.  2 big macs...10 nuggs. 4 fries and 2 cheeburgers.  Add 4 drinks and your in for less than 20.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Probably not the best tact for someone who sits over there near the likes of Maddow, Reid and Hostin.....just sayin.....:dunno:

Rachel Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar...just sayin' 😁

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Rachel Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar...just sayin' 😁

Then she should not be so stupid, or fraudulent 

38 minutes ago, Gutterboys Flip Flops said:

You doin it wrong...a mcds family box is 15.  2 big macs...10 nuggs. 4 fries and 2 cheeburgers.  Add 4 drinks and your in for less than 20.

I don’t see that on the menu near me.

I do see 4 cheeseburgers, 20 nuggets and a basket of fries for $18.99 though.

Or just 40 nuggets for $11.99.  Getting back to the original point, a large fry is $3.39, so to match the original viral video would be $18.77.  So the California price is  35% more, which sounds about right.