Sign in to follow this  
edjr

California’s $20 fast food minimum wage balloons menu prices — with some chains increasing costs by nearly $2

Squistion works at Arbys, maybe he can weigh in on the price increases first hand.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I considered this as well. It may also cause fast food places in California to go out of business and force people to take different jobs…or move…or fast food just becomes more automated, thereby reducing the number of minimum wage jobs altogether. People are forced to find something else to do. Probably just learn to code.

This is what will happen. Instead of someone behind the counter taking your order, you will order from a kiosk. Or fast food places will be drive through only. Businesses will find a way to remain profitable or close. Either way, it will result in fewer jobs. 

It comes down to one of two things, either Dem lawmakers never think things through. They just pass "feel good" legislation to make themselves feel like the saviors of the poor that they profess to be.

Or, they do think things through and what we perceive as the unintended, yet painfully obvious end result, was, in fact, the intended result. 

9 hours ago, weepaws said:

All sinners love that verse lol, but don’t understand it.  Silly clowns 👆🏿

But He who is Spiritual Judges all things, yet he Himself is judged by no one. 2 Corinthians 2:15.  

Now choke on that verse fat boy.  

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace

ephesians

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

This is what will happen. Instead of someone behind the counter taking your order, you will order from a kiosk. Or fast food places will be drive through only. Businesses will find a way to remain profitable or close. Either way, it will result in fewer jobs. 

It comes down to one of two things, either Dem lawmakers never think things through. They just pass "feel good" legislation to make themselves feel like the saviors of the poor that they profess to be.

Or, they do think things through and what we perceive as the unintended, yet painfully obvious end result, was, in fact, the intended result. 

And Dem lawmakers I am sure will do fine here in the November election (as usual in California). 

7 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’m no Newsom fan, but this is a nothingburger.  The $20 is for fast food workers, not restaurants with table service like this one where the job description states this person will earn tips.

And sounds like Newsom isn’t even involved in the operation anyway.

Another fail from @Strike

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you , that you don't see the hypocrisy.  You probably think it was ok for Gavin to eat out with friends, maskless, while making Californians mask up in their own homes!!

😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5-Points said:

The McDs here has only 1 person working the front, who support drive through, they almost force you to order at the kiosk.

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

Don’t have the answers, but what do you think? Do you see what’s going on in this country right now, government is giving this country away imo.  Voting for them is simply telling them one supports what’s  going on.  Do you support that? 

I do see what's going on in the country, & I certainly don't support it. I'm not one of those who picks a side, (Blue-Red) & chooses to be blindly loyal. If everyone is honest with themselves, they'd admit that both sides have played a hand in getting us to this point. However, at this time, I have to lean to the right. All sorts of things I don't like going on, but today, my biggest concern is liberal lawmakers, mayors, city council members, judges, etc, letting incredibly dangerous people/animals go time after time to recommit, & in some cases, graduate to murder. 

This is happening in Minnesota, I have to assume the same thing is going on throughout the rest of the country.

It especially infuriates me when an illegal alien commits murder, especially one with a previous record of crimes in the US, but wasn't deported because the state they're currently 'residing' in, is considered sanctuary. If I had my way, every time an illegal commits a violent crime, I would study the history of the state being sanctuary, & sentence every judge, city council member, mayor, representative, etc. past/present, who was in favor of it, to a lengthly prison term.

What made me aware of this particular issue, & changed me forever, was the story of Cally Jo Larson. 

April 20, 1999 (Same day as Columbine) 

Waseca Minnesota

An illegal alien from Mexico broke into a home in Waseca. He left, but came back because he thought he might have left something behind.
He was there when 12-year-old Cally Jo Larson arrived home from school. He tied her up, stabbed, raped her, & for whatever twisted reason, hung her lifeless body at the top of the stairway. Her 17-year-old sister arrived home about an hour later & found her. Imagine how hard it was for this poor girl to maintain her sanity after coming across something as gruesome as that.

About a year later, this news came out:
Although no one has been arrested in the 12-year-old's death, the prime suspect in the case is already behind bars.
Lorenzo Bahena Sanchez 28, was convicted last month for a string of house burglaries & was sentenced to 4 years in prison. Even though investigators won't officially confirm Sanchez' status as the prime suspect, they've said unofficially for several months that he has been the focus of their investigation.

Property found at his Waseca home linked him to the killing. Collectible coins reported missing from the Larson home after the killing were found in Sanchez' home. The animal had small beads implanted under the skin on his *****. The medical examiner who performed Cally Jo's autopsy said damage done during the rape was worse than normal, & that such implants could have been the difference.

His attorneys had the gall to claim his rights were violated because authorities didn't tell him that he (a Mexican citizen) had a right to contact Mexican officials for legal advice.

https://murderpedia.org/male.S/s/sanchez-lorenzo-bahena.htm

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Strike said:

I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you , that you don't see the hypocrisy.  You probably think it was ok for Gavin to eat out with friends, maskless, while making Californians mask up in their own homes!!

😂

Hey dumbazz, fast food workers get hardly any tips.

A busboy making $16 an hour + tips at a fancypants restaurant in a resort town is going to be making far more than $20 an hour.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, edjr said:

The McDs here has only 1 person working the front, who support drive through, they almost force you to order at the kiosk.

Yeah. You can either wait in line to speak to a person or walk right up and touch a few pictures on a screen. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Hey dumbazz, fast food workers get hardly any tips.

A busboy making $16 an hour + tips at a fancypants restaurant in a resort town is going to be making far more than $20 an hour.

Fast food workers SHOULDN'T get tips. Interaction between them & the customer is next to nothing. People who work fast food as a PRIMARY source of income 😂🤣

1 minute ago, Nomad99 said:

Fast food workers SHOULDN'T get tips. Interaction between them & the customer is next to nothing. 

Agree 

1 minute ago, Ron_Artest said:

I thought maga supports the working class?

You mean it was all BS?  I'm shocked.

You get paid for what you're worth. Anyone can sling fries, even you. 😊 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

You get paid for what you're worth. Anyone can sling fries, even you. 😊 

I'd like to see % of race who worked in Fast Food in the 80s and 90s and now. It has to be 75% + now. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Artest said:

I thought maga supports the working class?

You mean it was all BS?  I'm shocked.

Better yet, let's make minimum wage $100 an hour. Enjoy your $30 Happy Meal. 

10 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Better yet, let's make minimum wage $100 an hour. Enjoy your $30 Happy Meal. 

Why not pay EVERYONE 100 an hour.  Even people that make over 100, drop them down to 100. if you can't live on that. Fock off. 

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

I'd like to see % of race who worked in Fast Food in the 80s and 90s and now. It has to be 75% + now. 

Burger King for 3 years during high school. Even worked 3rd shift on weekends.

Just now, edjr said:

Why not pay EVERYONE 100 an hour.  Even people that make over 100, drop them down to 100. if you can't live on that. Fock off. 

Why not? Just print more money!! 

Democrats are so F'ING stupid. Their solution to inflation is to pay people more, and expect prices to go down 😂 

33 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Burger King for 3 years during high school. Even worked 3rd shift on weekends.

Same.  first fast food job was BK.  In Highschool.  Worked close.   God that sucked.  To their credit, we had to scrub everything down, big time, at close.  So they did keep the place pretty clean.

Worked Mcd's and Arbys in college.  Also a hotdog stand through the rest of HS.   I definitely got my share of fast food employment in.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, edjr said:

Working fast food should not really be incentivized. it should be a short term role one holds while self-improvement enhanced ones marketability.

Suggesting that fast food should be a career and be compensated to allow for families to live better is inane.   We should discourage morons from having kids before they are ready.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Working fast food should not really be incentivized. it should be a short term role one holds while self-improvement enhanced ones marketability.

Suggesting that fast food should be a career and be compensated to allow for families to live better is inane.   We should discourage morons from having kids before they are ready.

Where do you think all those porky new arrivals are going to work that were fleeing poverty but somehow managed to have nice clothes and fat guts? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Where do you think all those porky new arrivals are going to work that were fleeing poverty but somehow managed to have nice clothes and fat guts? 

They are destined to water down the unions......that Democrats pretend to champion but secretly despise.....

McDonald's $25 'deal' goes viral; users blame California's minimum-wage increase: 'Your new normal'

A TikTok user who posts videos under the username @shannon_montipaya shared the video on March 27. She was in the drive-thru of a Southern California McDonald's location when she saw a sign for a 40-piece Chicken McNugget meal deal, which also included two large fries.

The price of the meal bundle was $25.39 – including sales tax, it would come to roughly $27. In the video, the social media user lamented that the meal didn't even include a drink.

"OK, so it's $25.39 for 40-piece nuggets and two large fries," she said. "You couldn't even throw in the Sprite?"

Not unexpected, easily predicted of course; along with later closures and ongoing job loss.  I wonder, will our liberal posters suddenly care now that their "jobs" indicator could be under threat? 🤔

I see this as a net "good".   First, if fast food costs rise like this, people might start going for more healthy options.  Second, as this squeezes the minimum wage labor opportunities people might start actually working to improve themselves so as to qualify for higher paying jobs....  On the downside, it will be harder for these folks to leverage these entry-level jobs for experience, and the loss of tax revenue is going to make a bad situation worse....

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

McDonald's $25 'deal' goes viral; users blame California's minimum-wage increase: 'Your new normal'

Not unexpected, easily predicted of course; along with later closures and ongoing job loss.  I wonder, will our liberal posters suddenly care now that their "jobs" indicator could be under threat? 🤔

I see this as a net "good".   First, if fast food costs rise like this, people might start going for more healthy options.  Second, as this squeezes the minimum wage labor opportunities people might start actually working to improve themselves so as to qualify for higher paying jobs....  On the downside, it will be harder for these folks to leverage these entry-level jobs for experience, and the loss of tax revenue is going to make a bad situation worse....

$25 for 40 nuggets and 2 large fries is a decent deal.  That could feed 5+ people.

Just now, TimHauck said:

$25 for 40 nuggets and 2 large fries is a decent deal.  That could feed 5+ people.

Wow....... :huh:

And I thought your ignoring of their plight was just schtick....you are scary....:ninja:

6 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Wow....... :huh:

And I thought your ignoring of their plight was just schtick....you are scary....:ninja:

Just spitting facts.  Like I said, $25 for 40 nuggets is a decent deal (particularly in California).   But if it’s $10 or something for a burger, that is not a good deal 

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Just spitting facts.  Like I said, $25 for 40 nuggets is a decent deal (particularly in California).   But if it’s $10 or something for a burger, that is not a good deal 

RIght....facts.....now you are sorta coming across as a sociopath...you seem to care nothing for people and what they go through.....be better dude....

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

How much could a 12 pack of ramen, cheap bread, mayo and 2 cans of tuna feed?

On 4/8/2024 at 9:42 AM, RLLD said:

Exactly. Those jobs were never intended to pay mortgages or fully support families. There are a few career paths there but not many. I have a couple freinds....one works at DD, the other at BK. They cry that they can't pay their rent....but the truth is....they like to party...late. their hours allow them to sleep in. It infuriates the rest of us when they comment "how lucky we are" when we buy a motorcycle or car or whatever. We all work our a$$es of to afford what we have. To call it luck is an affront. 

2 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Exactly. Those jobs were never intended to pay mortgages or fully support families. There are a few career paths there but not many. I have a couple freinds....one works at DD, the other at BK. They cry that they can't pay their rent....but the truth is....they like to party...late. their hours allow them to sleep in. It infuriates the rest of us when they comment "how lucky we are" when we buy a motorcycle or car or whatever. We all work our a$$es of to afford what we have. To call it luck is an affront. 

My 1/2 brother is 35, has been working in kitchens since he was 18. half his life. He makes $21 an hour to sling food. :(   His rent is $1800 He pays 1/2 of that. Insurance is $300 a month. Has no license and no car. 

• Sad 1

Just now, edjr said:

My 1/2 brother is 35, has been working in kitchens since he was 18. half his life. He makes $21 an hour to sling food. :(   His rent is $1800 He pays 1/2 of that. Insurance is $300 a month. Has no license and no car. 

Well clearly this racist society has caused this.....

On 4/6/2024 at 5:40 AM, TimHauck said:

I’m no Newsom fan, but this is a nothingburger.  The $20 is for fast food workers, not restaurants with table service like this one where the job description states this person will earn tips.

And sounds like Newsom isn’t even involved in the operation anyway.

Another fail from @Strike

New price of a nothingburger in California is $14.90

• Haha 2

Just now, RLLD said:

Well clearly this racist society has caused this.....

His idiot parents and a really rough life caused it. 

Poor kid has no one but me. He lives in my condo (that is why rent is so low)  and needed $6000 a few years ago to fix his teeth. I paid

Just now, Gepetto said:

New price of a nothingburger in California is $14.90

Ok that was good, I’ll give you that.  But my comment was referring to the restaurant Newsom owns, not the new minimum wage 

Just now, edjr said:

His idiot parents and a really rough life caused it. 

Poor kid has no one but me. He lives in my condo (that is why rent is so low)  and needed $6000 a few years ago to fix his teeth. I paid

Did you just suggest this person has some.....individual accountability for their outcomes?  

Sarcasm aside, its good he at least has you, hope he can find a way to turn it around. In this nation, its never too late to secure success.

19 minutes ago, edjr said:

How much could a 12 pack of ramen, cheap bread, mayo and 2 cans of tuna feed?

I didn’t say it was the best deal, just a decent deal, especially for California.  I have 3 kids and live in a state with a much lower COL, if I go to a fast food place it costs like $35 for 3 kids meals and 2 adult meals.

Just now, TimHauck said:

Ok that was good, I’ll give you that.  But my comment was referring to the restaurant Newsom owns, not the new minimum wage 

Thank you, I'll be here all week.