Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Trump's NY Election Interference Trial (Hope Hicks Testimony Concludes)

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

A nonresponsive answer.  Would be an interesting question as to whether to object as the next answer might be worse, not better. 

17 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Recliner Pilot was a Cowboys fan (I thought). HT is a Giants fan. Nobody could fake switch who their favorite team is like that. They have to be different people. Where is Recliner Pilot now?

I have no idea if he's still in the same city. He was an organizer of the Rotary's annual Christmas parade, and we knew a lot of the same people. For all I know, we knew each other in real life. Everybody kind of knows everybody here, at least those who are involved in a lot of stuff and go to all the chamber things.

3 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Trump had this Pecker in his back pocket cockblocking negative news for him left and right. At the same time spraying fake news all over the place for him. 

How often have we heard him and the MAGAturd collective accuse the left of doing the things they themselves are doing?

Projection at its finest.

This testimony by Pecker is so damning, that the major question becomes why wasn’t Trump prosecuted before this? And why did the feds choose not to prosecute him? 

I know some of you think Trump has been treated unfairly but it seems like the opposite to me: he gets away with crap nobody else would. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They get to the part about a crime yet? 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nope, and from what I've heard about this Pecker guy's testimony he says "I think" and "I assume" a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You miss the part where Trump and Pecker collaborated to run fake stories about Hilldawg.

That's a crime boyo. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thegeneral said:

You have Fox, radio screamers, et al.

If there was ever a case being made against some lib you’d be talking it up with all your bullshit. Stfu cry baby 😂

Fuk you dumbass.  I have two eyes which are open.  I love liberals.  What I hate are bootlickers like you.  Our institutions are corrupt to the core.  They accumulate power and have zero accountability.  Wake the fuk up you morons.  It is individual freedom vs. The corrupt state/corporate alliance.  Real liberals rally against such power.  Modern leftist are too fuking brainwashed to even understand the corrupt power you support.  Not one of you believe in the principles of this country.  All they have to do is say the magic word of "Trump" and you idiots fall in line like the braindead buttlicking morons you are.   You fukers are too stupid to handle freedom. 

7 minutes ago, BeachGuy23 said:

You miss the part where Trump and Pecker collaborated to run fake stories about Hilldawg.

That's a crime boyo. 

Oh. They charge him with that? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. They charge him with that? 

That's part of the election interference charge boyo.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This testimony by Pecker is so damning, that the major question becomes why wasn’t Trump prosecuted before this? And why did the feds choose not to prosecute him? 

I know some of you think Trump has been treated unfairly but it seems like the opposite to me: he gets away with crap nobody else would. 

Because it is not a crime.  Your fuking white house is in the ear of every POS media source and tech giants telling them what to report and what to suppress.  When Trump does some...oh no, this is so damning.  Fuk you to hell.  I can't stand you MFers who treat conservatives like dog crap and bootlick for the exact same crap when your side does it.  You treat conservstives like the Germans did the Jews.  You either treat people with the same rules or you are dogsh1t. 

Half of this country has gone nuts.  A kid gets attacked by a mob on full video and the leftist morons blame the kid.  There is no reasoning with the leftist cult.  There is not a self-thinking brain cell in their entire being. 

What authority does some court in New York have over some alledge crime concerning a national election.   This court is trying to use some trivial act of a bookkeeper putting a note on a check and somehow tie it to some undefined federal election crime which they have no authority to define or prosecute.  This court has no power to do what they are trying to do, but yet they act like they do. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jonmx said:

What authority does some court in New York have over some alledge crime concerning a national election.   This court is trying to use some trivial act of a bookkeeper putting a note on a check and somehow tie it to some undefined federal election crime which they have no authority to define or prosecute.  This court has no power to do what they are trying to do, but yet they act like they do. 

It’s all about sticking Trump in a courtroom for months.  Pure election interference.  

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why does Trump keep saying that he should have immunity?

Because Presidents like every federal employee has immunity over their official acts.  This has never been a question. 

30 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Fuk you dumbass.  I have two eyes which are open.  I love liberals.  What I hate are bootlickers like you.  Our institutions are corrupt to the core.  They accumulate power and have zero accountability.  Wake the fuk up you morons.  It is individual freedom vs. The corrupt state/corporate alliance.  Real liberals rally against such power.  Modern leftist are too fuking brainwashed to even understand the corrupt power you support.  Not one of you believe in the principles of this country.  All they have to do is say the magic word of "Trump" and you idiots fall in line like the braindead buttlicking morons you are.   You fukers are too stupid to handle freedom. 

You were crying yesterday about Gateway Pundit preemptively protecting their cash because they are going to get sued for making up BS. What a crock.

Take your bootlicking ramblings and stick them up your ass 😂 Your rants are like madlibs at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Because Presidents like every federal employee has immunity over their official acts.  This has never been a question. 

So, nothing should happen to Biden then when he's no longer President?  Immunity for him as well?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So, nothing should happen to Biden then when he's no longer President?  Immunity for him as well?

Nothing happened to Obama and he killed innocent American children. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nothing happened to Obama and he killed innocent American children. 

People tried to hold him accountable and he said he had immunity?  Oh, sure, sure, sure...

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This was brought up in the hearing today and Trump's attorneys specifically said:

- Obama should not be prosecuted for drone strikes that killed Americans in other countries while he was President.

- Biden should not be prosecuted for his handling of the southern border that resulted in the loss of American lives.

Because those were official acts while those people were President. 

1 hour ago, BeachGuy23 said:

That's a crime boyo. 

Is it?  It seems like the civil tort of libel, but is it a crime, and if so which one?

1 hour ago, jonmx said:

You are a fuking lying terrorist. You love liberals, yet scapegoat them, dehumanize them, and do exactly what you piss and moan about them doing to you. You are the posterchild for why we hate Trump. Because unthinking, gullible idiots like you have been driven insane by his rhetoric and the right wing media machine that amplifies it. TDS indeed. You truly have it. Crawl back under your rock, cockroach.

42 minutes ago, Fnord said:

You are a fuking lying terrorist. You love liberals, yet scapegoat them, dehumanize them, and do exactly what you piss and moan about them doing to you. You are the posterchild for why we hate Trump. Because unthinking, gullible idiots like you have been driven insane by his rhetoric and the right wing media machine that amplifies it. TDS indeed. You truly have it. Crawl back under your rock, cockroach.

You wish you were a liberal.  Instead you bootlick for your authoritarian masters.  One day you might wake up and see yourself in chains and realize what an idiot you are. 

Do you know what freedom and liberalism is? 

-It is not hiring 80,000 more IRS agents. 

-It is not fighting useless proxy wars that are killing hundreds of thousands of people for no reason.   

-It is not rounding up opposition protestors and imprisoning them for 'obstruction of an official proceeding'. 

- It is not trying to imprison your political opponents over some bookkeeping notes. 

- It is not empowering federal agencies to spy on Americans and forcing businesses to turn over records without obtaining a warrant or forcing busines to turn over personal information of citizens.

- it is not about censoring the speech of millions Americans.

Today's Democrats do nothing but expand the power of the state and protect their favored corporate monopolies. They use the courts to shut up independant voices and empower the mega-corporstions to expand their influence and power over our lives.  

I suppose to dumnasses, wanting freedom and a fair system of justice is terrorism.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Strike said:

This was brought up in the hearing today and Trump's attorneys specifically said:

- Obama should not be prosecuted for drone strikes that killed Americans in other countries while he was President.

- Biden should not be prosecuted for his handling of the southern border that resulted in the loss of American lives.

Because those were official acts while those people were President. 

Maybe not in those instances but I don’t think a President should be immune from prosecution for all official acts. 

For example, part of Nixon’s crime was using the FBI and Justice Department to cover up the Watergate scandal. I don’t think anyone could argue that using the FBI is a private act, 

Trump’s lawyers argument seems to be that we should rely on impeachment. But impeachment has become a political act (maybe it always was.) At this point very few senators from the same party as the President is ever going to vote to impeach any President- and that basically means that impeachment is for show only and will never result in a removal. 

Therefore it seems to me that if we give a President immunity for all official acts we are giving him or her unlimited power. And I don’t think that’s what the Founders envisioned. Again, I’m neither a lawyer nor a Constitutional scholar but this seems like common sense to me. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trump’s lawyers argument seems to be that we should rely on impeachment. But impeachment has become a political act (maybe it always was.) At this point very few senators from the same party as the President is ever going to vote to impeach any President- and that basically means that impeachment is for show only and will never result in a removal. 

Therefore it seems to me that if we give a President immunity for all official acts we are giving him or her unlimited power. And I don’t think that’s what the Founders envisioned. Again, I’m neither a lawyer nor a Constitutional scholar but this seems like common sense to me. 

Why do you enjoy your sick party of accusing Trump for everything over the last 9 years to stop him from being a political opponent? It is third world country behavior. And you are third world country material.  

You liberals are all so sick. 

Jackson exposed as a complete imbecile once again. Sotomayor must be loving this dope keeping the heat off her dumb ass. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Maybe not in those instances but I don’t think a President should be immune from prosecution for all official acts. 

For example, part of Nixon’s crime was using the FBI and Justice Department to cover up the Watergate scandal. I don’t think anyone could argue that using the FBI is a private act, 

Watergate was brought up as well.  We'll see how all those examples go over with the SCOTUS when they rule.

1 hour ago, double tour said:

Why do you enjoy your sick party of accusing Trump for everything over the last 9 years to stop him from being a political opponent? It is third world country behavior. And you are third world country material.  

You liberals are all so sick. 

I can only say that I honestly believe that Trump is guilty of most of the crimes he has been accused of, and therefore the purpose of the indictments is not political but justice. 

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1783836186085077412

It’s Day 8 of Trump’s NY election interference trial.

Former publisher/CEO of the National Enquirer, David Pecker, returns to the witness stand for the continuation of his Cross-Examination by Trump’s lawyer, Emil Bove.

And the judge reset the contempt hearing for Trump’s 4 newest violations of the gag order for Thursday, May 2nd.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

And the judge reset the contempt hearing for Trump’s 4 newest violations of the gag order for Thursday, May 2nd.

I heard it was supposed to be Wed but Trump had 2 rallies that day so the judge moved it for him.  What a fair guy.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1783836186085077412

It’s Day 8 of Trump’s NY election interference trial.

Former publisher/CEO of the National Enquirer, David Pecker, returns to the witness stand for the continuation of his Cross-Examination by Trump’s lawyer, Emil Bove.

I find the judge setting the contempt hearing off into the future interesting from a philosophical point of view.  If the gage order is meant to protect witnesses and court personnel why would the judge not take the matter up immediately?  By setting the hearing off for a week after considering it for a week he is allowing the witnesses and court personnel to be in ongoing danger for two weeks.   Either that or he is tactically acknowledging there is no danger. 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I find the judge setting the contempt hearing off into the future interesting from a philosophical point of view.  If the gage order is meant to protect witnesses and court personnel why would the judge not take the matter up immediately?  By setting the hearing off for a week after considering it for a week he is allowing the witnesses and court personnel to be in ongoing danger for two weeks.   Either that or he is tactically acknowledging there is no danger. 

Of course they’re in danger. The death threats have already come and they’re no joke. Who knows what some nut is going to do- look what happened to Paul Pelosi. Trump encourages violence among his followers. 

The judge has delayed this, IMO, because he is concerned that putting Trump in jail might only make things worse. But Trump has committed contempt and really does deserve a jail cell. So it’s a tough decision. 

Bloomberg poll has Trump ahead in 6 of 7 swing states. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course they’re in danger. The death threats have already come and they’re no joke. Who knows what some nut is going to do- look what happened to Paul Pelosi. Trump encourages violence among his followers. 

The judge has delayed this, IMO, because he is concerned that putting Trump in jail might only make things worse. But Trump has committed contempt and really does deserve a jail cell. So it’s a tough decision. 

I would take the position that it is unconscionable to allow the danger to continue for even one day.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

I would take the position that it is unconscionable to allow the danger to continue for even one day.

I agree. But unfortunately even if Trump is silenced the right wing media, led by Fox News, won’t be. So the danger will continue nonetheless. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Bloomberg poll has Trump ahead in 6 of 7 swing states. 

Slightly ahead. The polls will swing back and forth until Labor Day. At that point I expect Biden to take a small but decisive lead that will last until the end.