Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

What’s your rookie WR board looking like?

Let’s go with redraft to take away the dynasty aspect.  Instant impact/best offense situation (QB & depth chart).  Quite a bit to pick from.  For top 10 I’d go:

1. Harrison Jr.  2. Nabers  3. McConkey  4. Odunze  5. Thomas Jr. 6. Coleman  7. Worthy  8. Legette  9. Mitchell  10. Polk

Corley, Burton & Franklin next best with a chance to be top 10.

I’m probably higher than most on McConkey & Coleman, but like the situations they’re walking into for volume.

I like Odunze in dynasty, but feel like it might take him awhile competing against Moore & Allen (Kmet too) with a fellow rookie QB.

For this year coming up, I think Thomas Jr. and McConkey have a great chance to be the top 2 scoring rookies based on need and the person throwing them the ball.

For my league? Dynasty league, PPR, Longball

Harrison is first obviously 1st

Nabers 2nd

I got to say Worthy is 3rd that speed with Mahomes at QB, he's got massive upside

Agree Worthy is worth a shot in dynasty, but not sure how high I’d take him in redraft.

KC has brought in a number of WR’s since Hill left, and the only one who has shown any consistency is Rice.

Redraft I’m targeting Harrison, and that’s it.  Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Redraft I’m targeting Harrison, and that’s it.  Thanks. 

I mostly agree but what about Coleman? Josh Allen has to throw to somebody

3 hours ago, polecatt said:

For my league? Dynasty league, PPR, Longball

Harrison is first obviously 1st

Nabers 2nd

I got to say Worthy is 3rd that speed with Mahomes at QB, he's got massive upside

I would probably still take Odunze ahead of Worthy in Dynasty. But Worthy is definitely in that conversation, I couldn't fault anyone for taking him as WR3. 

I don’t think he’s going to be a bust , but if I’m in a dynasty league I think I would let some else have Worthy.  Imo

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

He’s not a player I’m going to target with my three top WRs slots.   If he’s around as my 4-5wr I would gladly give him a roster spot on my bench to see how things play out with the Buffalo WRs situation.  I think Allen will spread it around, and they have three WRs that I think will post near the same numbers.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

He’s not a player I’m going to target with my three top WRs slots.   If he’s around as my 4-5wr I would gladly give him a roster spot on my bench to see how things play out with the Buffalo WRs situation.  I think Allen will spread it around, and they have three WRs that I think will post near the same numbers.  

Yeah, it’s very possible that Coleman, Shakir & Kincaid post similar numbers, with Samuel & Knox getting some as well.

Worthy is on my DND list.  Pat Mahomes proved last year with Skyy Moore, that WR's don't matter.  He'll keep throwing it to Kelce until another WR proves he's capable.  With Moore, Brown. and Rice there, that's a lot of cooks in the kitchen.  Even if you think Worthy could be Tyreek Hill Jr, remember, Hill wasn't anything special until year 3.  He was definitely good in year 2, but year 3 was the big year.  In a re-draft, I'll let someone else take Worthy.  He'll go way too high for what I think he'll produce.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

13 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Yeah, it’s very possible that Coleman, Shakir & Kincaid post similar numbers, with Samuel & Knox getting some as well.

^^These two.... 

Kincaid is going to feast but Allen will spread it around enough for the rest....  the rookie will be a nice big end zone target, I don't see me having any ownership in redraft for Coleman though.  He seems to be a funny dude though.....

13 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t think he’s going to be a bust , but if I’m in a dynasty league I think I would let some else have Worthy.  Imo

Worthy will be the 3rd option in this offense for 2024... Kelce/Rice then Hollywood.  After Hollywood's one year deal is up and Kelce is one year closer to retirement then Worthy will start to pay off as a 1st rd dynasty pick. 

Worthy is in the BTJ / Pearsal / Ladd range mid-late 1st rd adp right now.   

Harrison's definitely the Cardinals focus and he should easily eclipse 1,000 yds and at least 6-8 tds. After him is a little shaky. Nabers value will depend of if Jones can stay healthy. McConkey will get plenty of targets and I like his potential to break 1,000 yds. Depending on the Rice situation and even if he plays I think Worthy will be Mahomes #2 target.

The darkhorse I like to show up and get 1,000 yds. is the first pick in the 2nd round of WR KEON COLEMAN suiting up for the Bills. I think he's got a clear path to start and will develop chemistry with QB Josh Allen early on. We all know that Buffalo's gonna throw the ball and I wouldn't be surprised if WR Coleman finishes the season the #2 rookie receiver right behind Mazerati Marv. So mark it down and get.Coleman on your fantasy team. Probably 4 to 5 receivers will get picked ahead of him in rookie drafts so he's going to be a steal.

50 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Worthy will be the 3rd option in this offense for 2024... Kelce/Rice then Hollywood.  After Hollywood's one year deal is up and Kelce is one year closer to retirement then Worthy will start to pay off as a 1st rd dynasty pick. 

Don’t think he will develop to be that wr.  

53 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Sorry, this was supposed to say "Worthy won't even be the 3rd option in 2024".  Point is he won't be worth much at all this year in redraft.  2025 dynasty wise.  

Who, if any, does one like better in that grouping of rookie WRs... 

2 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Harrison's definitely the Cardinals focus and he should easily eclipse 1,000 yds and at least 6-8 tds. After him is a little shaky. Nabers value will depend of if Jones can stay healthy. McConkey will get plenty of targets and I like his potential to break 1,000 yds. Depending on the Rice situation and even if he plays I think Worthy will be Mahomes #2 target.

The darkhorse I like to show up and get 1,000 yds. is the first pick in the 2nd round of WR KEON COLEMAN suiting up for the Bills. I think he's got a clear path to start and will develop chemistry with QB Josh Allen early on. We all know that Buffalo's gonna throw the ball and I wouldn't be surprised if WR Coleman finishes the season the #2 rookie receiver right behind Mazerati Marv. So mark it down and get.Coleman on your fantasy team. Probably 4 to 5 receivers will get picked ahead of him in rookie drafts so he's going to be a steal.

He’s definitely going to be a late round target for me in redraft, assuming his adp is not too high anyway. Shakir and Samuel present no challenge whatsoever, if Coleman has what it takes (and that’s the question) I believe he can produce day one 

4 sleeper, possibly; nice for Dynasty from the 7th round are Brenden Rice and Cornelius Johnson for Chargers. Tahj Washington for Dolphins and Devaughn Vele for Broncos.

18 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I would probably still take Odunze ahead of Worthy in Dynasty. But Worthy is definitely in that conversation, I couldn't fault anyone for taking him as WR3. 

Yeah, it's a toss up in a lot ways after the top 2.

For my dynasty team though, I'm loaded at WR. So anybody other than perhaps Harrison or Nabers isn't likely to ever scratch the starting line up more than once or twice a season at most.

For our scoring system, and that role, I want the most bang for the buck. In this case, a guy who can catch one pass and give me a good score.

On 4/29/2024 at 7:57 PM, IGotWorms said:

What's funny is that Coleman is in the Zero Percentile for speed

- 4.61 speed  (One of the slowest WRs ever)

- 2.07 yards per route run (not bad at all)

- Very raw route runner 

- Lacks consistent separation

- 6.25 grade (14th in class)

- 55.2% success rate vs press (19th percentile) 

18 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

- Very raw route runner 

They must figure he plays faster. I’m sure their goal wasn’t to draft a sloth :lol:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

They must figure he plays faster. I’m sure their goal wasn’t to draft a sloth :lol:

He actually does play faster which is crazy. He runs like an offensive lineman. 

I don't mind the player, I just think there were better options for Buffalo. If anything he should warrant targets. 

Just now, Maximum Overkill said:

He actually does play faster which is crazy. He runs like an offensive lineman. 

I don't mind the player, I just think there were better options for Buffalo. If anything he should warrant targets. 

I’m not big on him either, was glad my pats didn’t take him even though I’m not super high on Polk.

But somebody’s gotta catch the ball besides Kincaid 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Polk

I like Polk, the pic was a bit head scratching but it fits what the Patriots do. He's not a burner but he'll get open and demand targets. 

41 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I like Polk, the pic was a bit head scratching but it fits what the Patriots do. He's not a burner but he'll get open and demand targets. 

Same as the other WRs they have, just like Buffalo, no real winner to own in ff.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Same as the other WRs they have, just like Buffalo, no real winner to own in ff.  

Yup, I wouldn't call any of them a true WR1 for fantasy purposes. 

Can someone explain to me what the Patriots do now that Belicheck is no longer the coach? Are they going to be the same team as always?

On 4/30/2024 at 1:36 PM, IGotWorms said:

He’s definitely going to be a late round target for me in redraft, assuming his adp is not too high anyway. Shakir and Samuel present no challenge whatsoever, if Coleman has what it takes (and that’s the question) I believe he can produce day one 

He has definitely landed in a good spot with a chance to produce day 1. Problem therein lies that other people are going g to realize his potential and his ADP will rise. By the time a lot of fantasy draft roll around people could easily reach for him earlier than I'd like to see him go. Hoping to get him in the later rounds but as times passes he's going to move up draft boards. Regardless I still think he's going to put up decent rookie numbers and pay dividends to fantasy owners.

5 hours ago, LaChup said:

Can someone explain to me what the Patriots do now that Belicheck is no longer the coach? Are they going to be the same team as always?

Sure looks like it. They're drafting like he's still there. 

On 4/30/2024 at 7:14 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Worthy is on my DND list.  Pat Mahomes proved last year with Skyy Moore, that WR's don't matter.  He'll keep throwing it to Kelce until another WR proves he's capable.  With Moore, Brown. and Rice there, that's a lot of cooks in the kitchen.  Even if you think Worthy could be Tyreek Hill Jr, remember, Hill wasn't anything special until year 3.  He was definitely good in year 2, but year 3 was the big year.  In a re-draft, I'll let someone else take Worthy.  He'll go way too high for what I think he'll produce.

Kelce wont be a top TE forever.   Hes 34 years old.    Probably the oldest TE in the history of TE's to put up TE1 numbers with the possible exception of Tony Gonzalez.

I suspect we are at the part of his career where he is now in clear decline.    dont get me wrong, he will still be good, but not to a point where you could completely disregard the WR position.

you need one more good target to keep teams from covering Kelce with a DB.   Hes still a mismatch against a LB all day long but I think the matchup against a good DB is more of a fair fight than it used to be and at some point he will start losing those battles.   whether he hits that point this year or next.... hard to say.   but its coming.  

On 4/30/2024 at 6:28 PM, Maximum Overkill said:

- Very raw route runner 

yeah, you can only put so much stock in the numbers.

some guys actually train hard for the combine while others do not.   there are plenty of players who could score a good time on the 40 because they practice on a track.  but Running on grass is a different beast.

I am not by any means telling you to ignore the stats.   They are a tool like any other.  I just dont place 100% of my faith in them because sometimes they can mislead.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

just dont place 100% of my faith in them because sometimes they can mislead.

I wouldn't be all that concerned either, he plays much faster. I don't like the player but I love the landing spot and draft capital. He also doesn't have much competition for targets. 

He's in that 1.08 - 1.10 range in a single QB League IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I wouldn't be all that concerned either, he plays much faster. I don't like the player but I love the landing spot and draft capital. He also doesn't have much competition for targets. 

He's in that 1.08 - 1.10 range in a single QB League IMO. 

yeah, based on what was mentioned, the most concerning is that he lacks consistent separation.    oftentimes that can be coached.   but I do like that hes good against press coverage.

this is a feature that makes him valuable indeed.   I dont know if he becomes a #1 WR.  if speed is truly a deficiency that may prevent this.......but a #1 WR usually has this ability.

what I suspect is that he's a high quality #2 or #3 WR out of the gate who has the chance to grow into  the #1 role

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Kelce wont be a top TE forever.   Hes 34 years old.    Probably the oldest TE in the history of TE's to put up TE1 numbers with the possible exception of Tony Gonzalez.

I suspect we are at the part of his career where he is now in clear decline.    dont get me wrong, he will still be good, but not to a point where you could completely disregard the WR position.

you need one more good target to keep teams from covering Kelce with a DB.   Hes still a mismatch against a LB all day long but I think the matchup against a good DB is more of a fair fight than it used to be and at some point he will start losing those battles.   whether he hits that point this year or next.... hard to say.   but its coming.  

Sure, but I was talking about this year, as OP stated for redraft leagues.

I don't think teams disregard WR's, I think the Chiefs do though.  LOL  Or at least, Mahomes does.  He does in the sense that no one is a priority.  People say he's the next Hill or DeSean Jackson.  Note, neither had a good rookie season.  Well, good fantasy season.  With Jackson, he averaged 10 fpg his rookie year.  The thing is, a third of his production came the first 4 weeks of the season.  After teams figured him out, he averaged 8.7 fpg the last 12 weeks.  Tyreek Hill averaged 9.75 fpg his rookie season.  Where are you drafting that production in your league?  The 8th round... 10th?  Willing to bet people jump on Worthy a LOT sooner than that.

35 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Sure, but I was talking about this year, as OP stated for redraft leagues.

I don't think teams disregard WR's, I think the Chiefs do though.  LOL  Or at least, Mahomes does.  He does in the sense that no one is a priority.  People say he's the next Hill or DeSean Jackson.  Note, neither had a good rookie season.  Well, good fantasy season.  With Jackson, he averaged 10 fpg his rookie year.  The thing is, a third of his production came the first 4 weeks of the season.  After teams figured him out, he averaged 8.7 fpg the last 12 weeks.  Tyreek Hill averaged 9.75 fpg his rookie season.  Where are you drafting that production in your league?  The 8th round... 10th?  Willing to bet people jump on Worthy a LOT sooner than that.

historically Players dont come in and make an impact in an Andy Reid offense in year 1.   from the sound of it its a complicated scheme and people dont usually pick it up fully until year 2 (sometimes year 3)   so I think we need to keep this in mind with KC.

its not a lock that hes highly productive year 1.   Not by any means.  but then again, if it was a lock hed be drafted early.   We are not talking about drafting him early so I dont think we are in conflict here.

but someone definitely needs to step up as Kelce steps back.

Rice is the most likely candidate to have a big year, but he cant be the only one.  someone else likely steps up too.   and the top candidates are your guy or Skyy Moore.   for me, its a matter of who you like better.

I could see both being drafted late, but likely only one has the chance to be startable.

28 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

historically Players dont come in and make an impact in an Andy Reid offense in year 1.   from the sound of it its a complicated scheme and people dont usually pick it up fully until year 2 (sometimes year 3)   so I think we need to keep this in mind with KC.

its not a lock that hes highly productive year 1.   Not by any means.  but then again, if it was a lock hed be drafted early.   We are not talking about drafting him early so I dont think we are in conflict here.

but someone definitely needs to step up as Kelce steps back.

Rice is the most likely candidate to have a big year, but he cant be the only one.  someone else likely steps up too.   and the top candidates are your guy or Skyy Moore.   for me, its a matter of who you like better.

I could see both being drafted late, but likely only one has the chance to be startable.

Agree with everything.  It's my speculation that people are going to go after him in the 6th or 7th round early and by the time most of the country drafts, he'll be going somewhere in the 4-5 range.  I'm not taking him in the 4th or 5th round.  I'm not even interested in him in R8 or 9.  If I took him, it would be R10.  That's why I say he's on my DND list... because I'm not taking that high to get him, and he won't be there at the round that I'd consider him.  In a keeper or dynasty league, that's a different story.

correction.  forgot about the acquisition of Brown.    this makes his path to starting a lot more murky.

Brown is likely only a 1 year placeholder as hes UFA at the end of this year.

granted, if Worthy Blows the doors off, he will play.  I dont know if its this year though

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agree with everything.  It's my speculation that people are going to go after him in the 6th or 7th round early and by the time most of the country drafts, he'll be going somewhere in the 4-5 range.  I'm not taking him in the 4th or 5th round.  I'm not even interested in him in R8 or 9.  If I took him, it would be R10.  That's why I say he's on my DND list... because I'm not taking that high to get him, and he won't be there at the round that I'd consider him.  In a keeper or dynasty league, that's a different story.

yeah, I think hes one of those guys who you put on your watch list.  and pick him up if he starts getting the looks.

I cant see him being rostered anywhere other than a dynasty format where teams draft and keep rookies.

Granted things can and do often change.

hes a player of interest for me, but I dont know that I'd take the plunge to draft him unless something changes in KC (ie. starter gets hurt or something)