Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Email from my golf club - Re: Membership

Our membership remains strong for 2024. We have 365 members and a waitlist of 56. Folks entering the waitlist today probably wont get in until 2027. The initiation fee is presently $1000 and is due to rise on July 1 to $1500. If you have friends or family that are considering getting on the waitlist, now would be a good time, ahead of the price increase. Folks on the waitlist can play one free round per month during the season, have access to the range, and can participate in club social functions. Enjoy the 2024 season and I look forward to seeing you at the club.

I paid $1,000 just to get on the wait list. That money couldn't even be used for the next years dues.  This is a 9 hole course :doh: This area is desperate for more golf courses.

My club recently went public so I "edjuniored" them. Currently looking for a new golf home. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

My club recently went public so I "edjuniored" them. Currently looking for a new golf home. 

Imagine lighting 1500 on fire for 3 years?  fock. 

Just now, edjr said:

Imagine lighting 1500 on fire for 3 years?  fock. 

I wouldn't pay to be on a wait list unless it was a premier 18 hole course. 

I've been playing public courses this year and hate it. These young phags that bring a bluetooth speaker with them and play music deserve a pitching wedge to the face. 

24 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I've been playing public courses this year and hate it. These young phags that bring a bluetooth speaker with them and play music deserve a pitching wedge to the face. 

There are numerous examples of golf clubs used as deadly weapons.  i would not recommend using them against the young phags as doing so makes charging decisions againstd you fairly easy.  I suggest carrying a carp, 15 to 20 pounds should do.  Let it ripen in the sun- do not keep it in a cooler.  Upon encountering these miscreants carp slap them until that bottom feeder disintegrates.  They will get the message and you will be a bit safer from prosecution, though not completely safe.

Imagine you being on trial for instructing the miscreants.  You could say their tale (tail) sounds a bit fishy.   It needs to be wieghed in the (fish)scales of justice. Tthe prosecution needs to prove their case against you beyond a reasonable trout.

11 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

There are numerous examples of golf clubs used as deadly weapons.  i would not recommend using them against the young phags as doing so makes charging decisions againstd you fairly easy.  I suggest carrying a carp, 15 to 20 pounds should do.  Let it ripen in the sun- do not keep it in a cooler.  Upon encountering these miscreants carp slap them until that bottom feeder disintegrates.  They will get the message and you will be a bit safer from prosecution, though not completely safe.

Imagine you being on trial for instructing the miscreants.  You could say their tale (tail) sounds a bit fishy.   It needs to be wieghed in the (fish)scales of justice. Tthe prosecution needs to prove their case against you beyond a reasonable trout.

I carry a pistol in my golf bag and therefore would never use a Titleist as a weapon. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I carry a pistol in my golf bag and therefore would never use a Titleist as a weapon. 

I think you might also want a carbine and a shot gun for different lays and distances.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

I think you might also want a carbine and a shot gun for different lays and distances.

That weighs me down. I walk 50% of the time I play and don't want to double the weight of the bag. 

This thread got me remembering a time I was playing golf with my bro in law. Great dude, hard worker, a bit nuts.

We were a twosome behind a bachelor party group. They were slow but course was slow so nowhere to go so we waited a lot. At one of the tee boxes on the back I went up to them to chat, one of them apologized, they were having a good time.

They brought us back beers and shots on next tee box.

Brother in-law later told me that he had a knife in his bag in case things went sideways 😂😂😂

I was thinking WTF 😂 is this a common thing?

Bidens America 

51 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

My buddy lives on a nice course in Ann Arbor.  Last saturday, JJ McCarthy rolled thru with a fivesome, dragging along with them two of their girlfriends, and two dogs. Five carts total.

Any of us would have lost our minds being behind that entitled dbag  SCum crapshow. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

I paid $1,000 just to get on the wait list. That money couldn't even be used for the next years dues.  This is a 9 hole course :doh: This area is desperate for more golf courses.

Holy hell. My semi private used to have thay many in its heyday.   Now around half that.  Older forever golfers have well gotten old or died off.  The younger crowd isnt that eager to join a place.  I know some of my friends have questioned getting a membership over just coming out for 10 rounds and paying green fees.  Not enough time to play as consistently as they used to.   

9 hole course?  1000 to get on a waiting list?  What sort of ritzy hell hole is this?  

I couldnt fathom joinging a 9 hole course.  

• Like 1

LOCAL CLUB i CAN SEE FROM MY OFFICE WINDOW.

$3,500 to join plus $1,200 in the dining room.  Price increases $1,500 per year for 3 years then you are capped. It's a five year promo!

I ain't that rich, fock that.

8 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This thread got me remembering a time I was playing golf with my bro in law. Great dude, hard worker, a bit nuts.

We were a twosome behind a bachelor party group. They were slow but course was slow so nowhere to go so we waited a lot. At one of the tee boxes on the back I went up to them to chat, one of them apologized, they were having a good time.

They brought us back beers and shots on next tee box.

Brother in-law later told me that he had a knife in his bag in case things went sideways 😂😂😂

I was thinking WTF 😂 is this a common thing?

I knew a guy who got hit with a ball on his leg that looked like a scalpel cut him. They to have an ambulance drive onto the cours to get him help. 

Fast forward a year and he was the most cautious and paranoid golfer  I ever met. Three of the four were right down the middle and waiting as he as he was behind some trees on hard pan. So he’s in the middle of his back swing and he drops his iron and starts running screaming. We were like, what now! A seven foot long gator was behind him and was just trying to cross the fairway to get to the other pond. We laughed our asses off. He was so shaken he went home and took a Xanax. After that, he carried a 357 in his bag and had eyes in the back of his head. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Carries a pistol in his golf bag?

You concerned the beverage cart girls are gonna rough you up Nancy?

LMFAO

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

LOCAL CLUB i CAN SEE FROM MY OFFICE WINDOW.

$3,500 to join plus $1,200 in the dining room.  Price increases $1,500 per year for 3 years then you are capped. It's a five year promo!

I ain't that rich, fock that.

That's the cable/satellite tv model they have going on. 

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I like the 60 degree lob grenade gun.