Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Neighbors barking dogs

At what point do you say something? We have neighbors with two dogs. They don’t train them no bark collars and this morning they were out before 6 AM barking when we have kids sleeping for school.

To me that comically excessive. Do you say anything or no?

You say something to them and/or you look into the noise ordinances in your area. 

Yeah say something. Start off very nice and apologetic to even have to bring it up. They’ll probably be embarrassed unless they’re just pos’s

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

At what point do you say something? We have neighbors with two dogs. They don’t train them no bark collars and this morning they were out before 6 AM barking when we have kids sleeping for school.

I live in the middle of 45 acres.  If my neighbor doesn't like my dog barking at 6:00 am they can move.  I porposfully insulated myself to avoid these situations.

Just now, Alias Detective said:

I live in the middle of 45 acres.  If my neighbor doesn't like my dog barking at 6:00 am they can move.  I porposfully insulated myself to avoid these situations.

That’s a cool story but I’m guessing cyclone isn’t in the same situation :doh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

Does your dog do their barking from the middle of the 45 acres or does it go to the property line/fence line and bark directly at your neighbor?

• Haha 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

That’s a cool story but I’m guessing cyclone isn’t in the same situation :doh:

My point is, I bought land around me so I didn't bother my neighbors or for that matter be bothered by them.  Everyone has choices.  Right?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

My point is, I bought land around me so I didn't bother my neighbors or for that matter be bothered by them.  Everyone has choices.  Right?

If your neighbors also have 45 acres I am guessing barking is not an issue. 

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

Does your dog do their barking from the middle of the 45 acres or does it go to the property line/fence line and bark directly at your neighbor?

We keep them controlled on about 2 acres in the middle. However 1 is a coon hound and has an incredibly deep and loud bark.

2 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Ok so if anyone is ever bothered by noise from neighbors they should just move out to 45 acres? Is that seriously your take?

• Haha 1

Just now, IGotWorms said:

Ok so if anyone is ever bothered by noise from neighbors they should just move out to 45 acres? Is that seriously your take?

OR be bothered by dogs for the rest of your life.  Your choice as i said before. 

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

OR be bothered by dogs for the rest of your life.  Your choice as i said before. 

Okay well I doubt most people find that particularly helpful :cheers:

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

We keep them controlled on about 2 acres in the middle. However 1 is a coon hound and has an incredibly deep and loud bark.

As I understand coon hounds their bark is literally designed to be such that one can locate that dog, in the dark of night, as it has gone far afield chasing and eventually treeing raccoons.  It is designed to carry.

My closest neighbor only has 2 acres.  There is 4.2 for sale bordering him.  He is buying it so he doesn't have to worry about his "new neighbor's dog"  He is controlling the situation.

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

As I understand coon hounds their bark is literally designed to be such that one can locate that dog, in the dark of night, as it has gone far afield chasing and eventually treeing raccoons.  It is designed to carry.

Oh and it sure does!

Size of property doesn’t really matter it’s being a good neighbor. Dogs going bananas at 6 am or whatever is too early. 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Okay well I doubt most people find that particularly helpful :cheers:

Maybe they will.  maybe, before buying a dog folks who have heard his perspective will wonder whether keeping a dog in the city is a wise choice. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah say something. Start off very nice and apologetic to even have to bring it up. They’ll probably be embarrassed unless they’re just pos’s

Worms does provide solid advice for your situation. 

33 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I get what you’re saying. Not really an option since the wife being a doctor she can be only so far from the hospital but trust me I would do that if I could.

I don’t know I think it’s just tacky. I mean, we have kids that are outside all evening making noise but they go to bed at like eight. We have a dog but In a million years I wouldn’t let him bark and keep doing it. But he’s an English bulldog so they don’t really bark that much. 

1 minute ago, cyclone24 said:

I get what you’re saying. Not really an option since the wife being a doctor she can be only so far from the hospital but trust me I would do that if I could.

I don’t know I think it’s just tacky. I mean, we have kids that are outside all evening making noise but they go to bed at like eight. We have a dog but In a million years I wouldn’t let him bark and keep doing it. But he’s an English bulldog so they don’t really bark that much. 

I knew money wasn't an issue.  Didn't think about proximity.

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I knew money wasn't an issue.  Didn't think about proximity.

45 acres is nice though my man. That’s awesome. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Fun fact. The coon hound graduated from Ole Miss. 

4 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Oh my soul,  could have taken care of Before posting the question, where do you live, I’ll take care of it for you.  

Do a burnout in their lawn with your lifted truck 

• Haha 1

Blast this on your stereo every night until they get the message. 

6 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Size of property doesn’t really matter it’s being a good neighbor. Dogs going bananas at 6 am or whatever is too early. 

When I lived on base I had a guy next door who's dogs would bark constantly. One morning I threw about 10 bars of Exlax over the fence. 

It was so bad that he had people shampooing his carpets for 2 days 😂 

That learned him. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ron_Artest said:

Invite Kristi Noem over for coffee.  Problem solved.

This is a good choice.  Unlike cats that you can throw in a bag and beat with a hammer a nice 22 works well for unruly dogs.  

Problem solved. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I texted my neighbor a few months ago, as their two small dogs barking was excessive when I can hear it multiple times a day every day from inside my house with all doors and windows closed.. I got a response. Not sure if it helped, maybe a little. Need to talk to the neighbor on the other side who has two Marmaduke sized dogs, not that size matters with barking. I'm just going to say it, I hate dogs!

frank was first, I was just about to post that exact Seinfeld clip.

11 hours ago, frank said:

Problem solved. 

That’s a tremendous pull