Sign in to follow this  
GutterBoy

Trump to ban contraception?

TDS

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

When he was competent, he was against it.  Now that othee people are pulling his strings, he probably doesn't even know what abortion is.

I'm pretty sure I know what an abortion is.

Speaking of people pulling strings, aren't you the guy whose GF told you that you were engaged, and then she planned the engagement party without telling you?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I live in a state that has the right to choose, it wasn't taken away. Like I literally can go get one tomorrow if I had the need. It was given to the states to decide. 

So, no respect for me as a woman to actually be called a woman in a document that talks about a biological function that literally only happens to 50% of the population on the entire planet? 

Can we refer to you as an ejaculator

That would be awesome.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I think it's funny that people keep referring to Republicans going the route of the Handmaid's Tale. When Biden literally referred to women as "menstruators" in his "Menstrual Health at Work" advice. 

The word woman was mentioned once. You know, to be "inclusive." 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/may/30/menstruators-joe-bidens-administrations-workplace-/#:~:text='Menstruators'%3A Biden's administration's workplace,menstruation doesn't mention women&text=First there were “birthing people,to the gender-identity movement.

So, the Republicans will refer to us as Breeders and the Dems refer to us as Birthing People or Menstuators (which isn't even a real word). 

Fock I love being a woman right now

If you ask me, no one is focking paying attention. 

You and Shania.  🎶

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Speaking of people pulling strings, aren't you the guy whose GF told you that you were engaged, and then she planned the engagement party without telling you?

If true, that seems like a fun story.

16 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Are you paying attention?

Is this the fabled "It's not widespread" phase?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

8 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You really are wackadoo :( 

No.  She's 100% correct.  Some of you are either ignorant or worse.  But she's right.

30 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm responding to a question about Biden's thoughts, not a moron on the message board.

Way to prove you have no real defense for your stupidity... oh, and she didn't plan it moron.

18 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

It actually was a funny story, but my fiancé didn't know about it either, like he pretends.

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Is this the fabled "It's not widespread" phase?

On 7/15/2015 at 10:54 AM, KSB2424 said:

There have been bills and legislation trying to NOT stop abortions all together, but to dial back the weeks by a few based on how developed the baby is at that time in the womb. Those are met with strict resistance.

There have been bills and legislation trying to educate women, especially minors, on what exactly happens during an abortion. i.e. showing them the procedure on video so they can make an educated "choice". Those are met with strict resistance.

I get that abortion may be a necessary evil in this country. I get it. What I don't get is the sub-set of folks who actually champion for it, who actually fight every single thing (like the stuff I mentioned above) in regards to abortion.

On 7/15/2015 at 11:01 AM, Mike Honcho said:

yeah, cause that doesn't start the slippery slope. :rolleyes:

No @Sean Mooney----it's all organic---never been a long term plan at all.

27 minutes ago, Strike said:

No.  She's 100% correct.  Some of you are either ignorant or worse.  But she's right.

No, she’s not. The party that got rid of Roe v Wade is the one that’s against women’s rights. It’s not even debatable

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

That's twice in recent weeks.  Voted against contraception, voted against IVF.

Perhaps they think this is a state issue? :dunno: 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Like that's better?

Yes

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

That's twice in recent weeks.  Voted against contraception, voted against IVF.

Good. :thumbsup:

58 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Like that's better?

So I looked at the bill.  It has some good looking provisions for veterans and their families.

But it also requires states to not only allow it, but to fund it through Medicaid or similar.

SEC. 303. REQUIREMENT FOR STATE MEDICAID PLANS TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE FOR FERTILITY TREATMENT.

(a) In General.—Section 1905 of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396d) is amended—

(1) in subsection (a)(4)(C), by inserting “(which shall include fertility treatment provided in accordance with subsection (kk))” after “family planning services and supplies”; and

(2) by adding at the end the following new subsection:

“(kk) Requirements For Coverage Of Fertility Treatment.—For purposes of subsection (a)(4)(C), a State shall ensure that the medical assistance provided under the State plan (or waiver of such plan) for fertility treatment complies with the requirements of section 2799A–11(b) of the Public Health Service Act in the same manner as such requirements and limitations apply to health insurance coverage offered by a group health plan or health insurance issuer.”.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/4445/text#toc-id6459EFD005D449A788625ED989D260B0

Should we be encouraging people on state assistance to do IVF, and should the states be required to pay for it?

Also a similar provision for Medicare, which is federal of course, but I think is exclusive to the elderly and disabled.

Again, tax dollars paying for it?

There is always nuance to these things, but you guys love to simp it down.  

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

So I looked at the bill.  It has some good looking provisions for veterans and their families.

But it also requires states to not only allow it, but to fund it through Medicaid or similar.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/4445/text#toc-id6459EFD005D449A788625ED989D260B0

Should we be encouraging people on state assistance to do IVF, and should the states be required to pay for it?

Also a similar provision for Medicare, which is federal of course, but I think is exclusive to the elderly and disabled.

Again, tax dollars paying for it?

There is always nuance to these things, but you guys love to simp it down.  

I disagree that this would encourage anyone to do IVF that already don't want to.

As far as funding, most insurance covers IVF currently, so I don't have an issues expanding that to Medicaid.  Frankly I wouldn't think many people on Medicaid would go through IVF anyway.

I never would’ve thought IVF was an issue.

But that’s the kinda thing that happens when you do something like overturn Roe v Wade. That was just the beginning of the fight for those people, not the end.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I never would’ve thought IVF was an issue.

But that’s the kinda thing that happens when you do something like overturn Roe v Wade. That was just the beginning of the fight for those people, not the end.

It's in the states' hands as should be.