Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Harry Reid says ObamaTaxcare may become "train wreck"

Republicans of course. Those mean, rascally Republicans aren't giving MORE MONEY to implement it.

I'm shocked the natural fix to a problem is MORE MONEY, according to a libtard politician. :overhead:

Reid: More funding needed to prevent ObamaCare from becoming 'train wreck'

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) says he shares colleagues’ concerns that the Affordable Care Act could become a “train wreck” if it’s not implemented properly.

Reid warned that people will not be able to choose health insurance plans on government health exchanges if federal authorities lack the resources to set them up and educate the public.

“Max said unless we implement this properly it’s going to be a train wreck and I agree with him,” Reid said, echoing a warning delivered last month by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.).

Reid warned the federal government is not spending enough money to implement the law because of Republican opposition to ObamaCare.

“Here’s what we have now, we have the menu but we don’t have any way to get to the menu,” Reid said.

Reid made his comments during an hour-long interview on The Rusty Humphries Show broadcast Wednesday afternoon from Las Vegas.

The shortage of funding to implement the law has forced President Obama to shift funds from other parts of the law.

“The president is taking money, I wish we had the money just to do this on its own but he’s agreed, he’s determined he’s going to take money from some of the other things that he feels are less important in the healthcare bill and put it on letting you and others know what’s in the bill,” Reid told a caller to the show.

Reid defended the need for the law, which dramatically expanded federal healthcare subsidies for the uninsured.

“I believe that a country of our size, the only superpower left in the world — it’s not right that we have 50-60 million people … with no health insurance,” he said. “We have to have a program where health insurance shouldn’t go to people who are rich, people who are upper-middle class. I believe the middle class and people below the middle class deserve to go to the hospital when they’re sick.”

Reid said he was well familiar with the law, which spanned as long as 2,000 pages when it was a bill, before it passed.

“Of course I read it. I didn’t sit down on a Friday evening and read it. This legislation was drafted over a period of months and months,” he said. “I can pass a test on it, I knew the law pretty well.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/297333-reid-says-more-funding-is-needed-to-prevent-healthcare-law-from-becoming-a-train-wreck

So now 60 million people don't have health insurance?

:doh:

“The president is taking money, I wish we had the money just to do this on its own but he’s agreed, he’s determined he’s going to take money from some of the other things that he feels are less important in the healthcare bill and put it on letting you and others know what’s in the bill,” Reid told a caller to the show.

So there are unimportant things in this turd that Obama is gonna take funding away from to spend on "letting you and others know what's in the bill"?

Good plan. :shocking: :wacko: :overhead:

it’s not right that we have 50-60 million people … with no health insurance,” he said. “We have to have a program where health insurance shouldn’t go to people who are rich, people who are upper-middle class. I believe the middle class and people below the middle class deserve to go to the hospital when they’re sick.”

So we have 250-260 million people who are rich or in the upper-middle class?

RP said he'd leave FFT forever if Harry Reid won reelection. RP is still here. Therefore Harry Reid is no longer a congressman and nobody should care about what he says. :dunno:

RP said he'd leave FFT forever if Harry Reid won reelection. RP is still here. Therefore Harry Reid is no longer a congressman and nobody should care about what he says. :dunno:

Did Senator Angle have any input on the subject?

The shortage of funding to implement the law has forced President Obama to shift funds from other parts of the law.

I can't reconcile these two paragraphs. :wacko:

Answer me this: If you are at a bank and your banker asks you to sign something - so that he can tell you what it's about AFTER - would you ever sign it? That's what OUR elected officials did with OUR MONEY in regards to Obamacare - something the majority didn't even want. I am still just :WTF: on how Obamacare actually became law when no one knew what it was.

I heard someone say that the military medical system should be the model for the ACA. Some key points to that, the soldiers typically are younger and in shape, the doctors are subsidized and don't have an incentive to see more patients, come 430, they're gone, you don't wait for three hours waiting to see them.

It's apples and oranges, common sense tells you it's going to cost a ton more to implement this thing rater than the army's system.

I can't reconcile these two paragraphs. :wacko:

It means now that it's already a law he want's to now tell everyone what it really is. :dunno:

liberals can't operate in reality. A world with debits and credits, where math has to add up and logic has to prevail... Their message is that they need 100% complete unilateral control to create their new world order in a way that they believe will 'work'. Thats why the magic beans won't grow.

Amazing this type of sentiment can exist. To do so they take advantage of the poor. They have the poor trade any chance at upward mobility to live entrenched poor quality lives full of empty promises of better education, better opportunities, none of which ever happens. They steal from the present, they steal from the future, all to progress fantasies not based in any reality.

Its pretty shameful.

is there any more money left in america for obama to steal?

Did Senator Angle have any input on the subject?

She's too busy fighting sharia law in Texas.

She's too busy fighting sharia law in Texas.

Fighting the good fight. God bless her :thumbsup:

liberals can't operate in reality. A world with debits and credits, where math has to add up and logic has to prevail... Their message is that they need 100% complete unilateral control to create their new world order in a way that they believe will 'work'. Thats why the magic beans won't grow.

Amazing this type of sentiment can exist. To do so they take advantage of the poor. They have the poor trade any chance at upward mobility to live entrenched poor quality lives full of empty promises of better education, better opportunities, none of which ever happens. They steal from the present, they steal from the future, all to progress fantasies not based in any reality.

Its pretty shameful.

Unlike the conservatives, where math and logic are unimportant and possibly unamerican. After all, modern math was invented by them muslims. :thumbsup:

Way to address the subject :pointstosky:

Still waiting for a legit liberal reply to how they think Obamacare should of passed? When it was passed despite most of congress not really knowing what it was and with the Public against it.

Unlike the conservatives, where math and logic are unimportant and possibly unamerican. After all, modern math was invented by them muslims. :thumbsup:

which side has any interest in managing revenues and expenses? And by managing I don't mean unilaterally 'raising'

Its like that Simpson episode where Homer gets really fat so he can work from home, and he puts that little yellow bird toy over his keyboard to click the button... If the button = raising taxs and making .gov bigger, thats the democratic party in a nutshell.

Still waiting for a legit liberal reply to how they think Obamacare should of passed? When it was passed despite most of congress not really knowing what it was and with the Public against it.

Emotional guilt/intimidation angle.

You are [racist/homophobe/hate people/hate women/hate LGBT/not smart enough to make your own decisions] unless you give out free stuff... In return for that free stuff they own your vote. Plenty of totalitarian govts operate like this, mafias, gangs, etc... thats how they operate. They give you a taste and then they own you. Freedom gone.

which side has any interest in managing revenues and expenses? And by managing I don't mean unilaterally 'raising'

Its like that Simpson episode where Homer gets really fat so he can work from home, and he puts that little yellow bird toy over his keyboard to click the button... If the button = raising taxs and making .gov bigger, thats the democratic party in a nutshell.

Neither side has any interest in managing revenues and expenses... that should be obvious.

It's like two little kids eating cookies while blaming the other side for taking the cookies. That's BOTH parties in a nutshell.

Neither side has any interest in managing revenues and expenses... that should be obvious.

It's like two little kids eating cookies while blaming the other side for taking the cookies. That's BOTH parties in a nutshell.

They aren't equal, low tax small gov vs high tax big gov

They aren't equal, low tax small gov vs high tax big gov

True, except I'd say low tax big gov vs high tax big gov

Both sides spend far more than what's available, with no signs of it stopping or even slowing down.

Way to address the subject :pointstosky:

MDC is too fukking stupid to know he was snookered with this turd of a bill. Hell, he is even dumber than that senile old fart Reid, who finally admits it is a train wreck.

Also, it is a lock that any time I post anything about Reid he will chime in to :cry: about the Reid/Angle bet. Also a lock......his little swordfighting buddy Worms will be along soon after to say "Yeah, what he said". :clap:

MDC is too fukking stupid to know he was snookered with this turd of a bill. Hell, he is even dumber than that senile old fart Reid, who finally admits it is a train wreck.

Also, it is a lock that any time I post anything about Reid he will chime in to :cry: about the Reid/Angle bet. Also a lock......his little swordfighting buddy Worms will be along soon after to say "Yeah, what he said". :clap:

He could simply care more about the benefits than he cares about the people harmed by the bill. Nothing snookered about that. Real benefits vs squishier longer term harms.

Just like conservatives would say tax hikes are real money out of pocket versus squishier results from whatever initiative it is being used to fund

Vaginer Piolt is bar none the easiest rube to clown, here or with a wifi signal. :lol:

He could simply care more about the benefits than he cares about the people harmed by the bill.

Love to here all these "benefits".

And I'm sure he doesn't give a ratsass about the tens of millions of people this turd will screw over cuz Obama signed it.

Sad and pathetic.

Vaginer Piolt is bar none the easiest rube to clown, here or with a wifi signal. :lol:

You constantly being goaded into crying about an innerweb bored bet is clowning me?

You have things backwards.....again, Cubby. :doh: :lol:

Noone seems to have any answer at all to the biggest question with this whole Obamacare thing. Which is simply why did congress allow a bill get passed that (other than a very select few)no one had no idea what it really was. They were even told at one point something like - the sooner you pass this the sooner we can tell you what it is... How can congress pass something (or hell even vote on something at all) without knowing what it is. If your employer said to you hey I am going to change your healthcare plan and you ask to what -- he responds ... after you make it official by signing I will tell you what it is - do you sign it? are you offended it was even asked like that?

Obamacare is doomed to fail anyway and won't be around in 4 years no matter who is in office - If Obama really wanted to get a healthcare bill he should have done Hillary's idea of Universal Healthcare (ie. Canada) - the people actually might of gotten behind that one -- Obamacare even people that voted Obama don't want it.

: Sniffs bait, swims away:

State's Rights. Love it. :thumbsup:

SC House Approves Bill Criminalizing Enforcement Of ‘Obamacare’

COLUMBIA, S.C. (CBS Charlotte/AP) — The South Carolina House approved a bill Wednesday criminalizing the implementation of President Obama’s health care law in the state.

The Republican-controlled House voted 65-39 on the Freedom of Health Care ProtectionAct.

The act renders “null and void certain unconstitutional laws enacted by the Congress of the United States taking control over the health insurance industry and mandating that individuals purchase health insurance under threat of penalty.”

“This kind of victory occurs when the grassroots across the State come together and coalesce,” Chris Lawton, spokesman for the Greenville Tea Party, told The Greenville Post. “I could not be prouder.”

The bill declares “Obamacare” unconstitutional – despite the Supreme Court ruling last year that the Affordable Health Care Act was constitutional — and that there will be criminal penalties for enforcing the law.

Gov. Nikki Haley earlier this year said that the state will not implement the nation’s health care law.

“Connecticut expanded early under ‘Obamacare’ and just reported a $190 million Medicaid deficit – in spite of subjecting their citizens to a massive tax increase,” Haley said during the State of the State address. “California just raised taxes in part to cover their Medicaid deficit and yet needs $350 million more to pay for ‘Obamacare’ next year. That’s not us. That’s not South Carolina.”

On Thursday, the Senate Finance Committee refused to expand Medicaid eligibility to more poor adults as part of the state budget.

A 13-10 vote defeated Democrats’ attempt to insert the expansion into the Senate’s budget proposal for 2013-14. The committee is crafting its spending plan this week.

The proposal came a day after Democrats grilled Medicaid director Tony Keck on his reasons for opposing an expansion under the federal health care overhaul. But senators didn’t debate each other Thursday.

Senate Minority Leader Nikki Setlzer said a protracted debate was unnecessary since senators knew their positions.

Haley, along with House Republican, also oppose extending the government health care programs to hundreds of thousands of additional poor adults.

The House budget plan includes money for Keck’s initiatives aimed at improving health.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/05/03/sc-house-approves-bill-criminalizing-enforcement-of-obamacare/

Love to here all these "benefits".

And I'm sure he doesn't give a ratsass about the tens of millions of people this turd will screw over cuz Obama signed it.

Sad and pathetic.

under 26 can be on parents insurance, and somewhere between 30-60 million people become eligable for subisidizes HC...

So add up all those beneficiaries, and its probably 15-20% of the 300million people that live in the US...

Rule of 80/20 apparently applies here as well.

under 26 can be on parents insurance, and somewhere between 30-60 million people become eligable for subisidizes HC...

So add up all those beneficiaries, and its probably 15-20% of the 300million people that live in the US...

Rule of 80/20 apparently applies here as well.

So, to solve the problem of 30 million uninsured (an inflated number) you pass a bill that borrows money from China to pay for the healthcare of 60 million?

Brilliant!

Yep, quite the "benefit" for the good ol' U. S. of A. :rolleyes: