Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

ESPN pulls Asian announcer off UVA game because of his name

Political hacks and extremists on both ends have ruined it for the majority in the middle. The normal people.

Much like religion, politics is bringing out violence and ridiculous people looking for an argument 24/7.

• Like 2

So, this story is actually true? Unreal..

What the fock are we doing here?

:doh:

So, this story is actually true? Unreal..

What the fock are we doing here?

:doh:

You're giving up? I'm still holding out for the reveal. :dunno:

Makes you think if some people won't even get an interview for a job if they have a certain type of name?

If you're affiliated with ESPN you just gotta be embarrassed right now, don't ya?

i hosted a league there once.

This has gotten too far out of hand. Next thing we know they will be hollaring for KFC to change their logo from colonel sanders to something else because he reminds them of a rich plantation owner who owned slaves. They will use the fact that he sells fried chicken (which is associated to being black peoples favorite meal) and that most of his employees are black (symbolizing them being slaves) as ammo for it

Nobody hillered anything. This was a move done to prevent memes and whatever stupid and the guy agreed to it.

Is it dumb?

Sure

Is a big deal being made out of nothing?

Yeah, pretty much

The single most racist event related to Charlottesville. Somewhere the right just won another senate seat.

You really are this dumb aren't you?

Nazis and KKK are now less racist than a guy switching games?

I was going to start my own thread but this thread seems racially driven enough for this.

My sister is going to Disney World to work part time while she goes to college as a Disney princess. The princess she wants to be it says right on the requirements "must be black". That's illegal right?

Why would it be illegal for them to look for a black person to match the character?

These people calling for this sh!t are nothing but terrorists and it will not stop. You can't negotiate with extremists.

Who was it that called for this?

I hate espn.

But to be fair, it was damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they went ahead and left him on the game, you know there would be stories mocking their "insensitivity."

This is where we are now. You literally cannot do anything without p!ssing people off.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe people will just say "Fock it" and go back to doing what they want like a man.

I hate espn.

But to be fair, it was damned if they do, damned if they don't.

If they went ahead and left him on the game, you know there would be stories mocking their "insensitivity."

This is where we are now. You literally cannot do anything without p!ssing people off.

Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe people will just say "Fock it" and go back to doing what they want like a man.

I disagree. They intentionally brought attention to it by moving him. "Hey, look at us, we're PC#@!" Had they done nothing, odds were very high that nobody would have said anything. If somehow somebody did, they could easily play the "he's Asian, dork" card.

• Like 1

Social media will be the death of the human race as we know it. Not MMGW, nuclear war,etc. Everyone's actions are under a microscope and it forces decisions to be made based on how a miniscule percent of the population will react and then whine on social media. It just gives a platform to those that wish to continue to pussify us. Im actually glad in a way. All these snowflake kids being raised nowadays will get steam rolled by my well adapted, logically thinking kids.

• Like 1

I know I'm not the only hoping there was a Confederate general named Joe Buck. :mellow:

Yes I stole that one. :banana:

• Like 1