Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Tony Romo

That's one more then you i

Rex Grossman has 2 playoff wins, better career winning % than Cutler. Ain starting anywhere.

Anyone rolling the dice and hoping he plays this week? Im starting Newton tonight and leaving Romo on bench to rest his back.

Dallas won't make an official announcement till this weekend. But I don't think he will play. We have the Cards this week, then the Jags, then a bye. If we can split the next 2 games, give Romo 3 weeks to rest - all will be okay.

with non top-5 defenses, romo also has more wins than roethlisberger (0-2).

What does that mean?

Did not practice to today either. Looking like the chances of him starting Sunday are closer to zero & none.

thoughts on weeden? what was his problem in Cleveland? I think he doesn't have the greatest arm but he hit some big plays with Gordon last season if I remember right. with the dallas o-line and running game plus some good pass catchers he could at worst duplicate whatever Romo would do? maybe he will handle the blitz better than romo would too. I would hope they are putting together a gameplan to handle the blitz this week its good weeden practiced with the first team...I think i'll have to go with him, other options are just as risky if not worse.

thoughts on weeden? what was his problem in Cleveland? I think he doesn't have the greatest arm but he hit some big plays with Gordon last season if I remember right. with the dallas o-line and running game plus some good pass catchers he could at worst duplicate whatever Romo would do? maybe he will handle the blitz better than romo would too. I would hope they are putting together a gameplan to handle the blitz this week its good weeden practiced with the first team...I think i'll have to go with him, other options are just as risky if not worse.

Never really watched him in Cleveland - but he sure and hell looked better than #9 last week, even before the injury........ We do have some big concerns on the line this week though. Leary did not practice again and it looks like he won't go Sunday. D. Free didn't practice either - he is likely out again. As good as Zona's defense is, they do not generate a lot of sacks.

What does that mean?

it means that roethlisberger has never managed to win a playoff game unless his defense was an elite unit--he's 0-2 when the PIT def is not top-5.

romo, without ever having had the benefit of an elite defense, has still managed 1-3.

i think weeden's biggest problem was playing in cleveland--that was a particularly disastrous stretch for a disaster of a team. constantly under pressure, his decision-making was routinely bad. IOW, he couldn;t handle what romo dealt with constantly.

that said, i suspect he's the better choice for DAL this week. romo is a gamer, but sometimes you have to say no to a player. i think this is one of those times.

I'm waffling between RGIII, Alex Smith and Weeden. Argh. Who's got thoughts on those three choices?

I'm waffling between RGIII, Alex Smith and Weeden. Argh. Who's got thoughts on those three choices?

Smith vs. Jets. Jets suck in pass defense and Smith's shoulder seems fine.

• Like 1

Smith vs. Jets. Jets suck in pass defense and Smith's shoulder seems fine.

I had actually dropped RGIII and picked up Smith before I posted - I was just looking for affirmation that it wasn't stoopid. :thumbsup:

Ryan FitzMagic, anyone?

such fantasy luminaries as Austin Davis and Kirk Cousins had CAREER days vs that Iggles defense this year.

Palmer hit for 2 ridiculous loooong (80, 75) scores last week.

Foster keeps 'em honest, and Hopkins/AJ can do some damage :thumbsup: