Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Would this bother you? Ex wife question...

So not a big deal but i saw my ex wife popped up on 'People you may know' on facebook.

Ugg..obligatory can size info....huge they are going to be saggers as she ages though. And i know...adult on Facebook...i know...you jackals.

Anyway...we have zero contact, no kids, nothing financial....clean break. No interaction at all.

BUT...she still has and uses my last name. Its been almost 10 years...shouldnt she have changed that back to her name?

Bothers me but should it?

Eh that's not a big deal. Changing your name is so much of a dam hassle most women don't want to bother with it. Besides if she gets married again she's going to change it anyway. No sense in changing it when she gets divorced only to have to change it again when she gets remarried.

Eh that's not a big deal. Changing your name is so much of a dam hassle most women don't want to bother with it. Besides if she gets married again she's going to change it anyway. No sense in changing it when she gets divorced only to have to change it again when she gets remarried.

This makes sense, except at 10 years I'm guessing her experience with Cyclone made her hate all men forever. :(

Unless she is some in some professional area where name recognition is important (like a publishing scientist or professor), she is basically saying she still wants the one eyed Cyclone of love. :thumbsup:

This makes sense, except at 10 years I'm guessing her experience with Cyclone made her hate all men forever. :(

Hah..true. we got to jerry springer level there for awhile. We're both in better more fitting situations.

Maybe she likes your name better?

She's lazy? Changing name is a lot of work.

She remarried to someone else in your family?

Yes I think e last name thing is completely odd and I never understood it as a custom. Why keep the name that she has nothing to do with? I think it's laziness.

My parents were married 17 years before divorcing. Mom initiated it. She kept the last name because the important parts of her history were in her married name (university, etc). They married out of high school so not much to worry about with keeping her maiden name. Also she wanted to keep it so she wouldn't have a different last name than us kids in school. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll. I kept my married name after I divorced and bro took on a screen name since he writes screenplays, writes novels and makes films, one of which won the most creative in the '98 NY film festival. So now we both :lol: at now it's only mom and dad with the same last name. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :lol:

So not a big deal but i saw my ex wife popped up on 'People you may know' on facebook.

Ugg..obligatory can size info....huge they are going to be saggers as she ages though. And i know...adult on Facebook...i know...you jackals.

Anyway...we have zero contact, no kids, nothing financial....clean break. No interaction at all.

BUT...she still has and uses my last name. Its been almost 10 years...shouldnt she have changed that back to her name?

Bothers me but should it?

Why should it. Maybe take it as being flattered. Maybe her maiden name was difficult and yours is easier? It really is a pita to change your name. My mom couldn't stand my dad at the end but kept it. (see above).

It'd probably bother me but at the same time I can see why she'd keep it. It's a real focking pain in the ass to change your name.

Has she remarried? Maybe she figured she'd just wait til she was remarried and then that never ended up materializing

It'd probably bother me but at the same time I can see why she'd keep it. It's a real focking pain in the ass to change your name.

Has she remarried? Maybe she figured she'd just wait til she was remarried and then that never ended up materializing

That's what I was thinking. When my wife changed her last name it was the biggest pain in the ass process. So you can't blame the woman but at the same time you're like "focking take your last name back and leave mine alone".

By keeping your last name it's proof of your continued ownership.