Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Hey, guess what? Projections & Rankings are Live

I'll be tweaking some of the pages over the coming days, but we've got our jumping off point for the season. Feels good to finally have these posted! My five-week process on the projections seems to be getting longer each season... but now the fun begins. Many updates to come as we look forward to August...

Coming later this week -

Draft Buddy

MFL Power - functional now but needs to be updated with 2015 rookies.

Updated player pages

So wait after a very productive rookie season where he only started half the games. After a full off season. After the team beefs up the Oline. You have
Jeremy Hill slated in for a worse year than his rookie? Granted by a small margin. Please for the love of god dont feed me this (Gio) crap :nono: :doh:

Let the ridiculing begin! :thumbsup:

ICEMAN

• Like 1

So wait after a very productive rookie season where he only started half the games. After a full off season. After the team beefs up the Oline. You have

Jeremy Hill slated in for a worse year than his rookie? Granted by a small margin. Please for the love of god dont feed me this (Gio) crap :nono: :doh:

Get after it......post your full ranking.

One that jumped out at me was 63 catch projection for Andre Johnson. Assuming a full 16 games, I would be shocked if he has fewer than 100 catches. Guy can still play and now with a top QB. I think people are sleeping on him in redraft.

• Like 2

One that jumped out at me was 63 catch projection for Andre Johnson. Assuming a full 16 games, I would be shocked if he has fewer than 100 catches. Guy can still play and now with a top QB. I think people are sleeping on him in redraft.

Agree .

To me, the Colts are the AFC version of the Packers offense. AJ's history of getting dinged up are of concern to me, but ... he's got a legit shot at a Super Bowl this year. High risk/reward pick ...

Johnson won't even sniff 100 catches.

Why?

86 last year with a horrible QB situation.

I'm typically surprised by the initial reaction to the projections/rankings. I figured the first player out of gate in the "WTF" category would be Drew Brees (currently at No.12 among QBs). Once we get the Draft Buddy up, I'll come back and give some thoughts on the players already mentioned (Jeremy Hill, Andre Johnson, etc.)...

Yea I think A Johnson is going to have a very very good season . I have ranked in my top 16 WR list right now .

Hahahaha, let's see your rankings? I take it you have j hill as a keeper this year?

I'm typically surprised by the initial reaction to the projections/rankings. I figured the first player out of gate in the "WTF" category would be Drew Brees (currently at No.12 among QBs). Once we get the Draft Buddy up, I'll come back and give some thoughts on the players already mentioned (Jeremy Hill, Andre Johnson, etc.)...

In ADP though you have Brees going at 5th behind Wilson in every format.

In ADP though you have Brees going at 5th behind Wilson in every format.

His current ADP is the 5th qb off the board. He ranks Brees at 12

His current ADP is the 5th qb off the board. He ranks Brees at 12

Exactly. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

If Brees is ranked as the 12th QB, why is he going as the 5th QB off the board?

Exactly. That's a pretty big discrepancy.

If Brees is ranked as the 12th QB, why is he going as the 5th QB off the board?

The adp list has nothing to do with his rankings. Its where players are currently being drafted on average.

The adp list has nothing to do with his rankings. Its where players are currently being drafted on average.

So there is no correlation between the two.

Is the ADP ranking where players are going in mocks right now, or where FFToday thinks they should be going? I guess therein lies my confusion.

12th??? You got him 13th.

So there is no correlation between the two.

Is the ADP ranking where players are going in mocks right now, or where FFToday thinks they should be going? I guess therein lies my confusion.

No there is not. I am not sure where he gets his adp info from. Its probably from mocks currently but may move his source to actual drafts as the season draws closer.

Yea I think A Johnson is going to have a very very good season . I have ranked in my top 16 WR list right now .

That's a good rank for him. I have 10 WRs I would clearly prefer, but after that, he's in the mix from 11 to 18 for me...........

Is there a way to compare last years rankings with 2014 performance?

Actually, we're both wrong. I have him Ranked 11th. :wacko:

Cheat sheet 11th and projections 13th. I expect a little drop off from Brees but not drop out of the top 10.

Over all good list. If we all had player ranked the same it would take a lot of the fun out of the game.

100 catches is a lot of receptions, but AJ has done it 5 times, and most recently in 2013. That needs a ton of targets though. I don't think I would ever project him that high at this stage of his career, but 63 looks low.

If I'm not specifically targeting Brees, then whether he is ranked 8th or 12th or later doesn't really matter too much. I do think more rushing for them is still going to be more long handoffs (i.e. short passes).

I would have Hill a tier above the likes of Forsett, Ingram, Blount, Gordon.

One year I'd like to be the first to call out ONE particular projection! Just once! I could have this year, but I couldn't remember my password on my new laptop at work.

<_<

Congrats svtballa!

:doublethumbsup:

One year I'd like to be the first to call out ONE particular projection! Just once! I could have this year, but I couldn't remember my password on my new laptop at work.

<_<

Congrats svtballa!

:doublethumbsup:

I somehow always end up on this site right after mike puts up the projections. Its odd really.