Sign in to follow this  
murf74

And we thought Burfict's sack was all clean....replay

This is a bunch of crap. There is very little excuse making in this thread. I thought the Burfict hit was clean until I saw the other angle, where he clearly went after the shoulder. However, i doubt that did the damage to Ben's shoulder, the fall took care of that.

BUT there is a critical difference in the hit that Shazier put on Hill, and the one that Burfict put on Brown. Shazier hit a receiver that had turned and become a runner, and did so clearly wrapping up with his head to the side. Hill turned and lowered down for the hit which is partly to blame for the helmets contacting. Anybody who watched the Burfict hit on Brown knows he was out for one thing. There was ZERO attempt to wrap up, only him stiffening the shoulder and bringing the elbow in close to load up for the hit. It is unfortunate that Brown's head ended up in the path, and I don't think Burfict was head hunting, but he clearly wasn't trying to tackle Brown, only to hurt.

And saying the Bengals are short handed IS making excuses. Pittsburgh was missing 2 of 5 offensive lineman, including All Pro center and left tackle. They were missing their All Pro RB and his exceedingly capable backup. They lost the QB for a chunk of the game where it mattered most. It's no wonder people say WPIAFP.

Bengals played without Dalton the whole game , and if Dalton was the qb there is no question the Bengals would have one that game . You can't replace a starting qb and we all saw that when Rothlisburger left the game , another case of Steeler injustice of course .

Steelers fan whole life. I played football in college and can say that game was out of control.

I was at game. Steelers dominated game until Ben left with dirty hit on shoulder.

The atmosphere of the crowd mirrored the way the Bengals played. I took my son (10 yr old) to game and he was literally crying at what was being said about Ben and the way the crowd acted. Honestly I would be ashamed to be a Bengal fan.

I've been to probably 50 NFL games since college at various stadiums across US (never Raiders game)... but will say this was the worse as far as crowd involvement AND play on the field.

If my son were not there, I am sure I would have gotten in something. This little 5'10" tattooed thug cursing in row in front of me would have been stepped on like a cockroach and his flat-billed hat would have been inserted in his a$$..

Cincy is a rough place. Ohio in general is the pits IMO

and yet, when a player is potentially seriously hurt, it happens all the time without a penalty.

And it is usually the head coach with the training staff, which then it is fine... Porter was not even close to Brown and the training staff...

Here's a shot from earlier in the game and the Bengals staff, almost all of them on the field.

and another where Porter is clearly right by Brown's side.

Here's a shot from earlier in the game and the Bengals staff, almost all of them on the field.

And your point?

About six or seven Steeler ones at the top of the picture...

And your point?

It happens all the time with no flags.

And your point?

Well the photo proves the point Steeler fans have been saying, coaches are always on the field when there is a scary injury like that. Heck a lot of times you get an entire staff out there.

Cincy is a rough place. Ohio in general is the pits IMO

Someone doesn't know what a rough place looks like. Been there a few times. I didn't come back and describe it as rough. I recall boring being the term I used.

Don't go bringing facts into this :thumbsdown:

Mike Pereira was just on The Herd and said there were about 13 different coaches on the field at that moment, from both teams

Someone doesn't know what a rough place looks like. Been there a few times. I didn't come back and describe it as rough. I recall boring being the term I used.

You live there now and must admit it's a sh1thole.

Here's what I don't like about it as an outsider. I have no problem with Porter being on the field, as it looks like they were attending to Brown. However, if you're out there for that purpose, DO YOUR JOB. That pic posted above shows him standing and facing the Bengals players, and when they were being separated he had a pretty smug look on his face. Porter was known just as much for his mouth than his skill as a player, but as a coach you have to leave that bush league stuff behind.

Also, this shows that Gilberry should have been flagged if not Jones.

Here's what I don't like about it as an outsider. I have no problem with Porter being on the field, as it looks like they were attending to Brown. However, if you're out there for that purpose, DO YOUR JOB. That pic posted above shows him standing and facing the Bengals players, and when they were being separated he had a pretty smug look on his face. Porter was known just as much for his mouth than his skill as a player, but as a coach you have to leave that bush league stuff behind.

Correct... What he was doing out there had nothing to do with Brown... He could have stayed and talked to his team, but he engages a group of Bengal players...

if Dalton was the qb there is no question the Bengals would have one that game .

It's "won", paws.

Not a grammar nazi, but noticed that you did it twice in this thread. :cheers:

• Like 1

It's "won", paws.

Not a grammar nazi, but noticed that you did it twice in this thread. :cheers:

Lol your right sorry everyone . Won

Are you serious Murph? You're a reasonable person from what I see of your posts. That play was not a judgment call. It was just plain missed. Ask anyone who watched it. Blatant leading with the crown of the head to a jaw. Literally a knockout as obvious as possible. Called 99 times out of 100. I'm just talking about this one play. No need to explain the rest of the game. I watched it. Cincy was very dirty too...they just got called for it. I've never been a giant "Ben" fan but I was very impressed by his toughness/insanity playing that last drive. Jones wouldn't have made that happen.

:lol:

Burfict is Suh 2.0 and the Bengals staff tolerates it. Marvin Lewis won't get fired because he is so friggin' cheap and the seats are going to still get sold. That same fan base that was throwing stuff down on an injured player is always going to be okay with that crap.

Also, I was a little p!ssed at Ben for not having come in on the drive where Landry Jones threw that pick. If he could come in on the last drive, then he could have come in sooner.

Pittsburgh deserved that game up to that point and Karma saw to it that the 3 biggest sh!t talkers (Burfict, Jones and Hill) all had a hand in gift wrapping the win for Pittsburgh.

Is James Harrison version 1.0? Cinci certainly did gift wrap it the Steelers though.

So...that means that Porter went completely away from where his player was...and inserted himself into a collection of Bengals players.

I don't care if the damn marching band is on the field when a player is injured. Porter wasn't out there for his guy. He was out there to instigate. Coaches should be subjected to higher standards.

The NFL surely has video of the entirety of this incident by using the All-22. And THAT is going to be the telling story. How a video hasn't surfaced either from a fan's cell phone or anything really confuses me. And perhaps the worst of the entire situation is how the refs allowed (of ALL people) Joey Porter to come anywhere close to the Bengals huddle at a time in the game when it was getting ridiculously chippy. The tension in that building at that point in the game, after a hit like that, should have dictated the officials making damn sure that no one from either team was anywhere near the opposing side. Absolutely absurd.

In fairness, Joey Porter has never been an instigator. He was always a humble player that just kept his head down and quietly went about his business. Therefore, I now have come to the side that he probably didn't even say anything to get PacMan upset.

Known as Mr Humble .

Mike Pereira was just on The Herd and said there were about 13 different coaches on the field at that moment, from both teams

You people with your facts!

Stop it was Porters fault the Bengals list never mind 13 coaches on the field and Porter was there with brown.

You people with your facts!

Stop it was Porters fault the Bengals list never mind 13 coaches on the field and Porter was there with brown.

By your thinking, a Bengals fan could say "there were just as many Steelers players on the field. Yet only 2 Bengals players drew penalties somehow?"

By your thinking, a Bengals fan could say "there were just as many Steelers players on the field. Yet only 2 Bengals players drew penalties somehow?"

I didn't see a single Steeler player touch a coach did you?

Morons are coming out of the woodwork to defend Pacman Jones

Did you ever think you would see the day?

I guess we are fortunate pacman didn't try to crush porters head like he did that raider player this year

I guess we are fortunate pacman didn't try to crush porters head like he did that raider player this year

I wish he had tried. I thrive for bedlam

It was a cluster. They were running plays with the refs getting bombarded by beer cans. I'm sure it didn't show up on TV feed "11 vs 11" but it was pathetic.

As I've said... I've been to.probably 50 NFL games and this was worse.

Cincy admin has absoluteLy no control over personal. .. it was embarrassing. ..

I didn't see a single Steeler player touch a coach did you?

Wait, so are you saying it wasn't so much how many of who were on the field, but instead what mattered was what they were doing while on the field? Hmm

I have no idea what you are trying to say in this thread. :thumbsup:

I have no idea what you are trying to say in this thread. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm drinking. But...

If bengals had 15 coaches on the field doing coach things, and Pit had one coach on the field instigating shiit with opposing players, that one guy is the only issue as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I'm drinking. But...

If bengals had 15 coaches on the field doing coach things, and Pit had one coach on the field instigating shiit with opposing players, that one guy is the only issue as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I'm drinking too but...

Pacman is 32 years old. I'm going to call that an "adult." I told my kids when they were single digit age that they controlled their behavior. I'm going to hold a 32 year old man to that same challenging standard. I don't care if Joey Porter walks out with pictures of Pacman's mom nekkid. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm drinking too but...

Pacman is 32 years old. I'm going to call that an "adult." I told my kids when they were single digit age that they controlled their behavior. I'm going to hold a 32 year old man to that same challenging standard. I don't care if Joey Porter walks out with pictures of Pacman's mom nekkid. :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, Joey Porter is even older than Pac Man. And one could even argue that a coach is even more restricted about what he can do during a football game than a player.

Believe it or not, Joey Porter is even older than Pac Man. And one could even argue that a coach is even more restricted about what he can do during a football game than a player.

I agree with everything in this post. And with everything in my previous post. I love being so agreeable. :)

I agree with everything in this post. And with everything in my previous post. I love being so agreeable. :)

I begrudgingly agree with that.

Ah, colored people.

You can take the boy out of the hood....but you can't take the hood out of the boy.

You can take a thug off the streets...but you can't take the streets out of the thug.

Ah, colored people.

You can take the boy out of the hood....but you can't take the hood out of the boy.

You can take a thug off the streets...but you can't take the streets out of the thug.

we're all colored people you ###### moron

Actually in an ironic twist, black is defined by many as the absence of any color whatsoever.