Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Kaepernick wants to play for the Jets

So, Colin Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco and wants to play for the Jets...

New York Daily News

The Daily News has learned that embattled 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick wants out of San Francisco after a forgettable 2015 that included on-field struggles that resulted in a benching midway through the season and a coaching change after it. The Jets are his preferred destination, according to sources.

I have a hard time seeing this come to fruition but stranger things have happened. I think the Jets are happy with Fitzpatrick and would like to re-sign him but if Kap gets released or they seem him as significant upgrade over Fitz, then a deal could get done.

Eh. Manish Mehta thought the Eagles would make the Super Bowl. I'll take whatever he says with twenty shots of tequila and a singular grain of salt

Eh. Manish Mehta thought the Eagles would make the Super Bowl. I'll take whatever he says with twenty shots of tequila and a singular grain of salt

Same dude that bet that he would walk home if the Jets kept all of their draft picks and then welched on it. He just wants to be in the news

Not to sure he can pick up and run Kelly's system anyway .

as a jets fan i dont want him. and to the guy saying hes not sure if he can run chip kellys offense, i think thats the only offense he can run successfully.

as a jets fan i dont want him. and to the guy saying hes not sure if he can run chip kellys offense, i think thats the only offense he can run successfully.

Maybe , doesn't seem to me that he can read the defense coverage all that great that was a problem he had when he played here in college . So I'm not sure he can handle it , and I think it's another reason why he wants out . And when he played here in college they really dummy down the passing game just for him , so I'm not to sure he can handle Kelly system , but we will see .

... Because the guy writing the "story" is a Jets beat reporter.

Because Fitz and Geno Smith are useless and even though Cap is bad, he's probably better than those 2 and could maintain a starting job?

With the two big wr the Jets have I can see Kap fitting in and having success, more so than I can see him being successful in the Kelly system .

I'm sure kaep would be great if he started caring about football as much as looking impossibly bro on instagram.

Because Fitz and Geno Smith are useless and even though Cap is bad, he's probably better than those 2 and could maintain a starting job?

This. Fitzpatrick is the poster boy for the NFLs current problem of there NOT being enough quality QBs out there. Kaperstink caught everyone off guard one season and had a LOT of good players around him. Then, reality kicked in, just like it did for Robert Griffin in Washington.

Maybe , doesn't seem to me that he can read the defense coverage all that great that was a problem he had when he played here in college . So I'm not sure he can handle it , and I think it's another reason why he wants out . And when he played here in college they really dummy down the passing game just for him , so I'm not to sure he can handle Kelly system , but we will see .

You are right in that his reads could be better.

but the reality is this:

Kaeps biggest problem is that he plays Seattle 2x, St Louis 2x and Arizona 2x each year. These Defenses are all above average and in some cases are considered elite.

I fully agree he is not an elite QB, but I do think he could possibly put up average to above average numbers in a division with average defenses.

I could see him going to philly or to Washington (if they dont sign Cousins) and putting up at least reasonable numbers.

Please note: I am not saying hes an all star. When he first came on the scene I posted and said hes not as good as what the numbers show. Now I'm saying hes not as bad as the numbers show.

is he a Starting Calibre pro QB? Yes.

is he elite? No.

Sure he is a starting NFL Qb . But I still don't think he can run Kelly system . It's a fact that when he played college football here in Reno they had to dummy down the passing game because of his lack of ability to read an defense coverage . He is a awesome athlete and I would again agree a starting NFL Qb , but I'm not to sure he can handle Kelly's system .

Sure he is a starting NFL Qb . But I still don't think he can run Kelly system . It's a fact that when he played college football here in Reno they had to dummy down the passing game because of his lack of ability to read an defense coverage . He is a awesome athlete and I would again agree a starting NFL Qb , but I'm not to sure he can handle Kelly's system .

You may be right.

but that may also be another reason why he wants out of San Fran. I'm sure he has had discussions with his agent as well. No smart player wants to play in a system that they are not suited for.

You may be right.

but that may also be another reason why he wants out of San Fran. I'm sure he has had discussions with his agent as well. No smart player wants to play in a system that they are not suited for.

Agree

You may be right.

Yeah, maybe but Kapernick has the makings of a "couple-year-wonder" that has hit a wall. He isnt suprising anyone anymore and the NFL is very good about figuring things out when they are based on some gimmickry. Weve seen this before where guys some and light it up only to quickly suck shortly thereafter. Amazingly, this often happens right after they sign the eleventy-billion dollar, long-term contract, :)

why would Houston take Kaep?

Kaep is making an awful lot of money.

I think that if they are going to go for that type of QB, RGIII is a far better QB in terms of risk.

They dont have to send away any talent or draft picks, I'd say there is a good chance he wont cost as much either. The better option would be to just sign RGIII as a free agent.

The only thing you risk is money.

Nobody is going to trade for either one of these bums and their current contracts.

RGIII will be a free agent shortly (so I hear) at that point you are not giving up any assets to get him.

Kaep, on the other hand has another year on the contract, and the team seems to want to keep him. (meaning you will need to actually trade something away to get him)

RGIII will be a free agent shortly (so I hear) at that point you are not giving up any assets to get him.

Kaep, on the other hand has another year on the contract, and the team seems to want to keep him. (meaning you will need to actually trade something away to get him)

I think the thing is: The Texans are really the only team that is in a position that needs a quarterback that isn't in position via the draft to obtain one. They've come out and stated they'd possibly have interest if Kaep is released, but again, I just don't see that cap (pardon the pun) hit as anything but a trade hindrance. And I doubt heavily that he or his crew is smart enough to restructure his contract to expedite a trade.

I think the thing is: The Texans are really the only team that is in a position that needs a quarterback that isn't in position via the draft to obtain one. They've come out and stated they'd possibly have interest if Kaep is released, but again, I just don't see that cap (pardon the pun) hit as anything but a trade hindrance. And I doubt heavily that he or his crew is smart enough to restructure his contract to expedite a trade.

Why would that be smart? If he restructures with a potential trade partner, he is limiting his negotiations to a single team. If he waits until he is cut, he can negotiate into the best situation for him (playing time, cash, etc.).

If you are a team in need of a QB and you are willing to take on a risk, you just wait for RGIII, Kaep and Manziel to be cut. Then you figure out which one is the best fit and see what you can get them for.

Why would that be smart? If he restructures with a potential trade partner, he is limiting his negotiations to a single team. If he waits until he is cut, he can negotiate into the best situation for him (playing time, cash, etc.).

If you are a team in need of a QB and you are willing to take on a risk, you just wait for RGIII, Kaep and Manziel to be cut. Then you figure out which one is the best fit and see what you can get them for.

The 49ers can squat on Kaepernick until March 31st. Three full weeks of free agency going by could open up the doors for a team like the Texans to make a serious push for Brock Osweiler, or settle for a retread like Chase Daniel. Either way, by the end of March, a lot of the money is dried up already.

Either way, no one is signing him with his current contract. A willingness to renegotiate might even allow the guy to stay in the best possible offense for his skill-set. And that's in Santa Clara.

Forte signing today would make him want to be a Jet more so than before . Interesting situation if he does sign with the Jets .

manish mehta is just god awful.

• Like 1