Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

The fat man courts the mouth-breathers

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/18/politics/christie-obama-cares-about-country/index.html

Christie: 'We don't know' whether Obama cares about the US

Nashua, New Hampshire (CNN)New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie questioned Friday whether President Barack Obama cares about the United States, adding that, more than six years into Obama's presidency, "we still don't even know" who he is.

"I feel like we really have had a President for the last six and a half years that we still don't even know," Christie said at a town hall event in Exeter, New Hampshire. "We don't know what he really believes in. We don't know what he really is willing to fight for. We don't know whether he's really willing to fight for anything."

Christie added: "We don't know who he really likes or dislikes. We don't know whether he really cares about his own party, or the other party, or about the country."

At the event, Christie also echoed many of the same points he'd made earlier in the day at a Republican Leadership Summit in Nashua, saying President Obama cares more about the "two L's"his library and his legacythan about anything else.

A source close to Christie told CNN Saturday that the comments at the town hall were in the same vein as what he's said before about President Obama's priorities.

But Christie, in drawing a contrast between himself and the President on Friday night, appeared to question not just Obama's priorities, but his patriotism.

Full retard starting early for the R's this go-around :lol:

I actually like Christie but clearly he has decided to go after the focktard vote.

Can't say I even blame him as you pretty much have to if you want the GOP nomination.

Just another guy with no chance to win who's setting himself up for after he's not governor. Get on the circuit, get in the debates, get speaking gigs when he's done. Guilliani, Palin, Huckabee ect did/do the same thing. It's either Jeb or Walker, Kasich the only longshot with a chance. Would have been Scott Brown if a Warren hadn't beaten him.

Chris Christie had never prosecuted a criminal case in his life before George Bush appointed him to be the United States attorney for the district of New Jersey. He had raised money for Bush. And the Republicans have the balls to uphold Obamas appointments.

Christie is a legitimate contender for the GOP nomination.

:D

And you focking idiots wanna biotch about Hillary.

:D :D :D

does that somehow neutralize Hillary's giant pile of suckness ?

A male Hillary supporter, so called male :lol:

That's disappointing. For some reason I expected better out of Christie.

I'd vote for a chick over a fat guy quick style. Fat people have no business managing anything. Zero self control and determination.

Well, on the plus side, mental midgets like RP will eat this stuff up. The way to a Lunatic Rightie's heart is to hate on Obama. It's good to see a glimpse of what Christie's strategy will be

Does this count as a thread started by a liberal whining about a republican :dunno:. Can I get a ruling Sho nuff?

RMFF. 24/7.

Don't like Christie, Dummy. :doh:

never said you did. I said he's going after the low hanging fruit. Idiots like you. He's hoping that if he shares your hatred for Obama, the mouth-breathers will jump to his side. Hth

Does this count as a thread started by a liberal whining about a republican :dunno:. Can I get a ruling Sho nuff?

valid?

Does this count as a thread started by a liberal whining about a republican Can I get a ruling Sho nuff?

One thread. If I start posting a thread b1tching about Chris Christie every focking day, you let me know :thumbsup:

Also the ironic part is the only reason I posted this thread is Christie has gone all Obaaaaama :cry: to appeal to his retard base. So who's the real whiner?

Usually you seem pretty thoughtful but you really screwed the pooch here.

Christie obviously has Worms and Ducky pi$$ing their pants. Scared to death of him. :overhead:

I'm scared his poor heart is going to give out

I actually like Christie but clearly he has decided to go after the focktard vote.

Can't say I even blame him as you pretty much have to if you want the GOP nomination.

Yeah...going after that fockinggroup of Obama grew up hating America and wants to destroy it crowd. Shame

Seems like a thread legitimately criticizing Christie for being a whiner about Obama.

Sure...some whining to it...people pissed Christie is going to the far right nutjobs.

He screwed over the public sector workers in New Jersey. Hasn't properly funded the pensions, shows a lack of fiscal responsibility.

Yeah...going after that fockinggroup of Obama grew up hating America and wants to destroy it crowd. Shame

Looks like Christie has Nuffy pi$$ing his pants too. :overhead:

He screwed over the public sector workers in New Jersey. Hasn't properly funded the pensions, shows a lack of fiscal responsibility.

No, his predecessors screwed over the taxpayers. He just fixed it.

No, his predecessors screwed over the taxpayers. He just fixed it.

How did he do that, not honoring an agreement? Doesn't matter, the courts disagreed with him, his irresponsible dishonest actions will now cost more. Good job

One thread. If I start posting a thread b1tching about Chris Christie every focking day, you let me know :thumbsup:

Also the ironic part is the only reason I posted this thread is Christie has gone all Obaaaaama :cry: to appeal to his retard base. So who's the real whiner?

Usually you seem pretty thoughtful but you really screwed the pooch here.

I know there are waaaay more democrat/Obummer bashing threads. Would never compare the volume of said threads. I was just seeing if this counted as on for the liberal side. No big deal :thumbsup:. At times I wish the board libs would flood it like the others do. I find most of it comical :dunno:

Also the ironic part is the only reason I posted this thread is Christie has gone all Obaaaaama :cry: to appeal to his retard base.

I'm no fan of Christie and he doesn't stand a chance imo but is it possible that he gave Obummer the benefit of the doubt early on and simply changed his mind based on legitimate differences?

I'm no fan of Christie and he doesn't stand a chance imo but is it possible that he gave Obummer the benefit of the doubt early on and simply changed his mind based on legitimate differences?

Changed his mind that Obummer doesn't care about the United States? :wacko:

Changed his mind that Obummer doesn't care about the United States? :wacko:

Christie added: "We don't know who he really likes or dislikes. We don't know whether he really cares about his own party, or the other party, or about the country."

I guess you could get hung up on that last part but it was part of a larger overall point that the only thing he cares about is his own legacy.

I'd vote for a chick over a fat guy quick style. Fat people have no business managing anything. Zero self control and determination.

This post made me think of William Howard Taft. I didn't know about his legacy.

The Wikipedia page on him has an audio clip of a speech he gave in 1908.

Apparently he made a better Chief Justice than a president.

Historians acknowledge that William Howard Taft had a challenging task as President: living up to the legacy of Theodore Roosevelt. It did not help that his political experience and skills were limited and that he was naturally critical of his own abilities. His biographers generally agree that his gigantic appetite reflected psychological tensions within himself that he never resolved. Taft was a warmhearted and kind man who wanted to be loved as a person and to be respected for his judicial temperament. It was his temperament, moreover, that caused most of his problems as a political leader. Taft seldom took any initiative in legislative matters, and he had little talent for leadership. He tended to ponder at great length all sides of a question. In essence, he was not decisive. He sat by quietly, for example, as the Republican-dominated Congress added 847 amendments to his tariff reform package, dashing any hope for real reform.

Additionally, he was inactive. He typically ate a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, and mounds of pancakes for breakfast, leaving him sluggish for most of the morning. ( :huh:)

In the words of Arthur Link, the much-respected biographer of Woodrow Wilson, the Taft presidency was an unmitigated "disaster." Most historians agree to some extent, viewing Taft as a conservative interregnum between activist reformers Roosevelt and Wilson. Although the word "disaster" is perhaps too extreme, there can be no doubt that Taft's hesitancy as a leader and politician produced few accomplishments during his term.

whitehouse.gov:

In the angry Progressive onslaught against him, little attention was paid to the fact that his administration initiated 80 antitrust suits and that Congress submitted to the states amendments for a Federal income tax and the direct election of Senators. A postal savings system was established, and the Interstate Commerce Commission was directed to set railroad rates.

In 1912, when the Republicans renominated Taft, Roosevelt bolted the party to lead the Progressives, thus guaranteeing the election of Woodrow Wilson.

Taft, free of the Presidency, served as Professor of Law at Yale until President Harding made him Chief Justice of the United States, a position he held until just before his death in 1930. To Taft, the appointment was his greatest honor; he wrote: "I don't remember that I ever was President."

eta: not seeing anything substantiate that claim about his typical breakfast. U.S. Presidents Eating Breakfast CNN: Taft's Diet

Christie came off as an Obama supporter during the hurricane, so unfortunately he probably thought he needed to create some distance. He probably still won't beat Obama in the next POTUS election though. :(

This post made me think of William Howard Taft. I didn't know about his legacy.

The Wikipedia page on him has an audio clip of a speech he gave in 1908.

Apparently he made a better Chief Justice than a president.

whitehouse.gov:

eta: not seeing anything substantiate that claim about his typical breakfast. U.S. Presidents Eating Breakfast CNN: Taft's Diet

Thanks for posting, that was interesting. :thumbsup:

Christie came off as an Obama supporter during the hurricane, so unfortunately he probably thought he needed to create some distance. He probably still won't beat Obama in the next POTUS election though. :(

Skids, you need to look into John Kasich. Knowing what I know of yours and others' political leanings, I think you and guys like KSB, RLLD, and a few of the more thoughtful voters here would like what you see.

I thought this thread was gonna be about Michael Moore asking Worms to be his wife.

Instead it was about Christie courting you.

I think you're exactly right. Could've done it without playing to the "maybe Obama is secretly a muslim who hates America" crowd, but you gotta speak to your base I guess.

Skids, you need to look into John Kasich. Knowing what I know of yours and others' political leanings, I think you and guys like KSB, RLLD, and a few of the more thoughtful voters here would like what you see.

I just read your thread on him, I will definitely check him out. :thumbsup:

I never was that big a fan of Christie; not sure why. Maybe I'm a fattist? I generally like people who are up front, which Christie is as much as any politician (to this point anyway). :dunno:

That's disappointing. For some reason I expected better out of Christie.

:lol: