Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Josh Gordon....10 Games

Under the new agreement it looks like Gordon will be getting ten games, reduced by six for this year.

Wes Welker should be available to play on Sunday being a first time offender.

Nothing is official, but leaks are already coming out of owner's meeting.

#Browns RT @MaryKayCabot: Gordon will have his suspension reduced to 10 games because of the stage he was in: 4th violation equals 10 games.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold 20m

With Welker cleared medically, 52 plyrs on roster, #Broncos only need agreement on drug policy to add Welker quickly:

Chris Mortensen @mortreport 7s

Players who will be immediately reinstated upon expected approval of revised drug policy, can play this weekend, per sources.

Guy in my 12 teamer dropped welker as soon as he was suspended and I scooped him up. Hoping he plays this weekend so I can have him in my flex

Chris Mortensen @mortreport 1m

Once player reps vote within hour or so, names of those reinstated players will be made public. In double-digits not expected to exceed 20

Is it even worth holding onto him with 10 games?

His DUI hearing is November 18. If found guilty you can tack on two more games to his total.

NOTE: NOTHING IS OFFICIAL YET THOUGH!!! May end up being more or less....don't anyone do anything crazy just yet!!

Above says 10 games, Schefter at ESPN says 8 games, some NFLPA rep implied he'd be back in right away.

It will be nice to have this finally resolved, hopefully today.

According to the source, a 4th violation is 10 games, and that is what she is basing it on. However, a third violation is 4 games. Call me crazy or having wishful thinking,but since under the new rules he wouldn't have had a violation in the first place, I believe it will be the 4 game third violation penalty of 4 plus the possible 2 for the DWI. Still doesn't make sense to me that he's suspended for 10 games even though under the new policy he wouldn't have been suspended at all.

• Like 1

Shefter has nothing on me. It's ten games, with a possible 12, pending the outcome of the DUI, which I expect to get postponed until after the season.

So his third violation, which would not have been a violation under the new rules - and under the new rules a third violation is 4 weeks, and a fourth violation is 10 weeks - so they are going to give him 12 weeks and punish him for a DUI that hasn't even gotten to court yet?

There sure is a lot of BS out there right now. IMHO 4 weeks sounds about right - it acknowledges that he did break the rules under the old system, but is short enough to keep Gordon and his agent from challenging this in court.

I think it's interesting that people are claiming this is Josh Gordon's 4th offense. You cannot waive suspension for other players based upon the new policy and simultaneously claim that Gordon had a 4th offense.

I think it's possible that Gordon's suspension will be further reduced.

• Like 1

I think it's interesting that people are claiming this is Josh Gordon's 4th offense. You cannot waive suspension for other players based upon the new policy and simultaneously claim that Gordon had a 4th offense.

I think it's possible that Gordon's suspension will be further reduced.

Exactly.

Other players will have their violation possibly removed with the understanding it wouldn't have been a violation under these rules. The only way they keep Gordon's fourth on the books is if they stick on the time when he got it.

I don't understand why the hell they're being such pr!cks about it.

Exactly.

Other players will have their violation possibly removed with the understanding it wouldn't have been a violation under these rules. The only way they keep Gordon's fourth on the books is if they stick on the time when he got it.

I don't understand why the hell they're being such pr!cks about it.

But this is only his 3rd offense, is it not? Can't include the DUI, because that has not been ruled on by the court yet.

Welker and Scandrick had 4 game suspensions. Gordon was out for the year. Why would anyone think those suspensions would necessarily be treated equally?

That's why I'm cautioning that there is nothing solid. Don't get too crazy just yet. Let's wait until the smoke clears and see what is actually done.

Welker and Scandrick had 4 game suspensions. Gordon was out for the year. Why would anyone think those suspensions would necessarily be treated equally?

Who is saying that?

Who is saying that?

Everyone who can't understand why Gordon isn't going to be playing until week 12

But this is only his 3rd offense, is it not? Can't include the DUI, because that has not been ruled on by the court yet.

Well, yes but if they stick to that then the NFL could give him 4 games for the 3rd offense. Then in November the hearing for the DUI is done and then he's got the fourth at which point they give him an additional 10 games.

MileHighReport @MileHighReport 14s

No guarantee drug policy passes

Higher thresholds for weed.

Amphedamines will be treated as street drugs.

DUI conviction gets two games

Suspended players...Welker, Scandrick....will play this Sunday. Gordon, 10 game suspension.

Question... If this DOES stand as a violation for Gordon, does his next mean lifetime ban? They'd probably modify penalty for a fourth violation also, wouldn't they? Many people, at least keeper leaguers, dumped the guy not just for his one year suspension but also because the next meant lifetime ban.

The Gordon decision will be delayed a few weeks now they will be busy with the AP child beating.

Apples to oranges. Once this agreement is signed by the NFL it goes into effect and it's a done deal. All the i's are dotted, t's are crossed as the players union has already unanimously voted for it and the proposal was sent BY the NFL. They just have to sign off on it. The NFL has no work to do regarding Josh Gordon after this is done.

Does anyone REALLY know that it is gonna be 10 games, or is still mere speculation at this point?

Shefter reported it's 10 games

"Now being told Josh Gordon will be suspended 10 games, which turns into 9 games starting now. So it'll be 9 more of suspension, not eight"

mortreport Chris Mortensen
NFL says no agreement yet on drug policy. Still "unresolved issues." One may be reinstatement of players for this weekend. One procedura

So maybe let's all calm down and wait out the weekend. Walk the dog or something.

mortreport Chris Mortensen

NFL says no agreement yet on drug policy. Still "unresolved issues." One may be reinstatement of players for this weekend. One procedura

So maybe let's all calm down and wait out the weekend. Walk the dog or something.

I'm not sure that's true.

https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/Press-Releases/NFL-Players-Vote-to-Adopt-New-Drug-Testing-Policies/#

All this for 10 games! Boo! If I were JG I would then plea on the DUI and take the additional two games in 2014 so I could start next year with a clean slate.