Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Wildcard Weekend - Raiders at Texans: In-Game Discussion

Inactives

Raiders: QB Derek Carr, S Nate Allen, CB Antonio Hamilton, LT Donald Penn, RG Vadal Alexander, DE Jihad Ward, DE Branden Jackson

Texans: QB Tom Savage, CB Denzel Rice, ILB John Simon, ILB Max Bullough, G Josh Walker, WR Wendall Williams, DE Ufomba Kamalu

It's the Connor Cook show for the Raiders...

Just started watching. Has Brock been Brock?

After hearing the commentary, I hope that he keeps trying to force it to Hopkins. Apparently 9 of his interceptions have come from those throws.

ETA: On the other hand....

Is Gruden drunk or having a stroke? He doesn't know the score and just said "I don't measure his punts in distance, I measure them in miles."

Uh, what?

Is Gruden drunk

Uh, what?

When people get drunk, sometimes they go on and on about how much they love someone or how wonderful they are...

What would that even sound like with Gruden? He already praises them so much that his only recourse would be to run out on the field and start blowing someone. :huh:

• Like 1

Maybe McGloin can come in after halftime and redeem himself? Or something? :dunno:

eta: It's a damn shame that Penn is out. His absence is huge.

Maybe McGloin can come in after halftime and redeem himself? Or something? :dunno:

GFYS. Cook is gonna throw 3tds in the second half and win me money

Cook is gonna throw 3tds in the second half and win me money

I'd be okay with that. : )

How the hell can the raiders actually start this turd lol. He's terrible. Better off picking Vick off waivers. If I was a raiders fan I'd be focking pissed.

How the hell can the raiders actually start this turd lol. He's terrible. Better off picking Vick off waivers. If I was a raiders fan I'd be focking pissed.

It's hard to be pissed when you're busy being depressed. :bandana:

If I have learned anything from enduring this telecast, it is that I have had my fill of Gruden's editorializing forever.

Dude, stfu.

Didn't catch the game. Did Cooper demand the ball more?

Has not been a factor. He had a bad drop on a perfect 30 yard pass when game was tight on 3rd down.

What is up with Cooper ?

The guy was just awful and it showed once again.

Looks like it's time for an over rated label.

Raider season was lost went Carr hurt his finger against Carolina. Actually up to that point in the game they were humming. Would've liked to have seen THAT team on playoffs. We will next year.

The word on twitter is that Ken Norton Jr is going to get canned by next week. One name being thrown out there is Wade Phillips. I'd like to see the Raiders get a experienced DC.

I've been wrong on some Raider takes this year, I'll admit, but Connor Cook is going to be the best QB of his class when it's all said and done. I mean, people do know that his practice snaps he took this week were his first all season right? He was running plays in the Denver game for the FIRST time.

I was at the game yesterday, in fact getting ready to drive back to Dallas now. Reliant Stadium is basically a giant fieldhouse. It has 71,000 seats basically packed on top of the field, and with the roof closed it is one LOUD mother. Hats off to the Texan fans they came to rock.

That was one tough environment, against probably a better defense than any Oakland has faced. They gave Carr fits in Mexico City and are absolutely brutal to play at home. Right now I'm dreaming of what the Raider Nation could do with a stadium like that.

The kid got some great experience, and will make a fine backup QB next year with a training camp of full backup reps. It's ironic, he'll actually have more playoff experience than Carr.

I've been wrong on some Raider takes this year, I'll admit, but Connor Cook is going to be the best QB of his class when it's all said and done.

That's funny.

• Like 1

What is up with Cooper ?

The guy was just awful and it should once again.

Looks like it's time for an over rated label.

I think he was selected to his second pro bowl. Does the AFC have garbage WRs?

Raider season was lost went Carr hurt his finger against Carolina. Actually up to that point in the game they were humming. Would've liked to have seen THAT team on playoffs. We will next year.

The word on twitter is that Ken Norton Jr is going to get canned by next week. One name being thrown out there is Wade Phillips. I'd like to see the Raiders get a experienced DC.

I've been wrong on some Raider takes this year, I'll admit, but Connor Cook is going to be the best QB of his class when it's all said and done. I mean, people do know that his practice snaps he took this week were his first all season right? He was running plays in the Denver game for the FIRST time.

I was at the game yesterday, in fact getting ready to drive back to Dallas now. Reliant Stadium is basically a giant fieldhouse. It has 71,000 seats basically packed on top of the field, and with the roof closed it is one LOUD mother. Hats off to the Texan fans they came to rock.

That was one tough environment, against probably a better defense than any Oakland has faced. They gave Carr fits in Mexico City and are absolutely brutal to play at home. Right now I'm dreaming of what the Raider Nation could do with a stadium like that.

The kid got some great experience, and will make a fine backup QB next year with a training camp of full backup reps. It's ironic, he'll actually have more playoff experience than Carr.

Better than Dak and Wentz? Bold.

• Like 1

I do think that the AFC is weak at the Wr postion.

Better than Dak and Wentz? Bold.

Yes it is, kid came from a Pro system in college and has all the physical tools. Cannon for an arm lightning release good speed with 4.79 forty time. I think when it's all said and done he's going to end up being the better quarterback out of all of them.

That's funny.

You put Wentz, or Prescott or Goff in that situation yesterday- playoff pressure, on road, NFLs top D, 3 days of practice experience, you're going to get similar results.