Sign in to follow this  
southcarolina

12 Geeks 1 Cup 2015: Fantasy Football is stupid, and i hope the govt. shuts it all down.

if you're cussing over stevie johnson, you're doing it wrong

I have a good feeling about him. :dunno:

Holy shat Shots has taken 2 dsts in the first 9 rounds! Its like the tutelage I provide here just goes in one ear and out the other. Hes even got a good squad otherwise! Shots thats valuable depth you gave up there my man. I even love the early QB. You will hear fantasy know it alls say wait on a QB, and thats not bad advice. But there is massive value in bust proofing your early pick by taking a top QB so thats one of those subjective fantasy rules. But there is zero, and im talkin zero value in taking a defense anywhere below rnd 10.

southcarolina does this thing called "research" and does this other thing called "prepare for his drafts"

I recall it led to some quality results.

9.01 southcarolina Johnson, Stevie SDC WR Fri Aug 28 8:54:13 a.m. ET 2015 Rivers to Stevie will be PPR gold. I love my WRs, even the raging pothead Bryant. (Comments Added Fri Aug 28 5:06:10 p.m. ET 2015)
9.02 gocolts Randle, Rueben NYG WR Fri Aug 28 8:54:14 a.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
9.03 posty Coleman, Tevin ATL RB Fri Aug 28 9:13:17 a.m. ET 2015
9.04 voltaire Gates, Antonio SDC TE Fri Aug 28 9:13:18 a.m. ET 2015 Pick made based on Pre-Draft List
9.05 vuduchile Cruz, Victor NYG WR Fri Aug 28 12:26:14 p.m. ET 2015
9.06 shotsup Bills, Buffalo BUF Def Fri Aug 28 1:16:24 p.m. ET 2015
9.07 old maid Funchess, Devin CAR WR Fri Aug 28 1:40:00 p.m. ET 2015
9.08 mooks Thomas, Julius JAC TE Fri Aug 28 2:04:10 p.m. ET 2015
9.09 heavyset Mason, Tre STL RB Fri Aug 28 3:19:42 p.m. ET 2015
9.10 djgb13 White, Roddy ATL WR Fri Aug 28 4:33:50 p.m. ET 2015
9.11 whitewonder Wright, Kendall TEN WR Fri Aug 28 5:23:48 p.m. ET 2015
9.12 herbivore Mathews, Ryan PHI RB Fri Aug 28 6:24:30 p.m. ET 2015

Can we call this one a mock?

We can call your draft a mocked draft.

Because it will be.

Mocked that is.

Holy shat Shots has taken 2 dsts in the first 9 rounds! Its like the tutelage I provide here just goes in one ear and out the other. Hes even got a good squad otherwise! Shots thats valuable depth you gave up there my man. I even love the early QB. You will hear fantasy know it alls say wait on a QB, and thats not bad advice. But there is massive value in bust proofing your early pick by taking a top QB so thats one of those subjective fantasy rules. But there is zero, and im talkin zero value in taking a defense anywhere below rnd 10.

Everyone has their own strategies. And normally I do wait a little longer for a qb but Peyton fell to me in the 4th so I couldn't really pass him up. Defenses I usually do wait until the later rounds for that

We can call your draft a mocked draft.

Because it will be.

Mocked that is.

I promised a doormat, and I delivered. :bandana:

Everyone has their own strategies. And normally I do wait a little longer for a qb but Peyton fell to me in the 4th so I couldn't really pass him up. Defenses I usually do wait until the later rounds for that

Peyton is fine there, ill happily take 35+ tds and 4500yds in rnd 4. Early dst is not a strategy, Its lack of knowing strategy. I could take a kicker in rnd 1 and get lucky and win my league. But that wouldnt make it any less bad. All that said, Rex Ryan is a great coach and the Bills could have a vicious D this year.

Peyton is fine there, ill happily take 35+ tds and 4500yds in rnd 4. Early dst is not a strategy, Its lack of knowing strategy. I could take a kicker in rnd 1 and get lucky and win my league. But that wouldnt make it any less bad.

Defenses vary greatly from year to year so it's always hard to predict them. I equate finding a good defense in fantasy to luck. Sure you can research all the teams and draft the one that looks good on paper but then they can be out scored by 8 teams who were drafted after them or not at all. Too many moving parts in a defense to be predict. Hence why I always wait and play the waiver wire on defenses unless I find a really good some. Then I might have two defenses in my roster if I know one is good but the other has a juicy matchup

Defenses vary greatly from year to year so it's always hard to predict them. I equate finding a good defense in fantasy to luck. Sure you can research all the teams and draft the one that looks good on paper but then they can be out scored by 8 teams who were drafted after them or not at all. Too many moving parts in a defense to be predict. Hence why I always wait and play the waiver wire on defenses unless I find a really good some. Then I might have two defenses in my roster if I know one is good but the other has a juicy matchup

Precisely. You get an A for this lesson my son.

Honestly I wanted to draft Duke Johnson or Bishop Sankey but I just can't trust them or their coaches right now. Too much cloudiness over if they are even gonna play.

I wanted them both and had the chance to get them both. Hope they both excell and one could be future trade bait. I've never ever drafted "conventional". (And yes I have won a few times in money leagues). We'll see.

Volts is kicking bundt at timely picking, despite being in Chiner and the Republican party not being what it once was. :thumbsup:

Volts is kicking bundt at timely picking, despite being in Chiner and the Republican party not being what it once was. :thumbsup:

Thanks but poorly timed.

I went to bed with seven picks to go and woke up on the clock having held up the draft three hours, wound up taking the #2 guy I wanted last night.

Thanks but poorly timed.

I went to bed with seven picks to go and woke up on the clock having held up the draft three hours, wound up taking the #2 guy I wanted last night.

Yep, sorry about that, OldMaid's now edging you out. :wave:

Yep, sorry about that, OldMaid's now edging you out. :wave:

What I lack in drafting skills, I make up for in punctuality. ;)

SouthCarolina is killing this draft.

AP

Jeremy Hill @ 2.12 is a steal

Jordan Matthews

Jeremy Maclin

Are the rest of you even trying?

ETA: whoops I spoke to soon. SC shat the bed starting in round five. Oh what promise, then a complete meltdown.

What I lack in drafting skills, I make up for in punctuality. ;)

no one cares about a grammar police ;)

no one cares about a grammar police ;)

Please tell me you're joking.

Please tell me you're joking.

Didn't the ;) give it away kid ?

Didn't the ;) give it away kid ?

Stop making jokes and go draft.

Anyone else get the feeling my team name could be VERY fitting considering all the old guys on my roster. :(

Anyone else get the feeling my team name could be VERY fitting considering all the old guys on my roster. :(

Lol that's hilarious

• Like 1

Stop making jokes and go draft.

B(e)lowme :music_guitarred:

plenty of talent left

hard to tell who is the paper champ of this draft, i think i still lean SC

easier to tell who did not.

Looking at my own team.... meh. Had a 12 team redraft this past Saturday and picked out of the 2 spot. MUCH easier. I wasn't sure if the back end of the draft just seemed harder since this league has so many experts in it ( :sleep: ) or if it really was more difficult. Definitely easier grabbing an early draw this season.... mostly once you hit round 3/4/5 the talent dropoffs seem to favor an early pick.

That said, Im cool with letting Dalton around for 4 weeks until Cheater McBrady is back. I was torn on CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill which makes it more funny he lasted all the way until SC at 2.12 :doh: . Since we can only start 2 RB in this league (i think?) I'm cool with anderson handcuffed, L Murray and Vereen. not sure if we do blind bids or rolling waivers but if we do rolling waivers at least i'll get #2 priority to hold on to. Im not as big on Agholor as I was when I drafted him but I do like my overall WR depth. TE could be an issue but I had planned on waiting and making Owen Daniels my pick. Peyton loves his white guys (clark, stokely, welker, tamme), and that arm is about to fall off.

I might have drafted better if I didn't lose interest picking behind beats by ray every other round :lol:

Lol don't blame me. It seemed like I would be waiting on someone forever and then the small period of the day when I wasn't available they would go ahead and pick then you were forced to wait on me

Lol don't blame me. It seemed like I would be waiting on someone forever and then the small period of the day when I wasn't available they would go ahead and pick then you were forced to wait on me

no worries. I like my team. just messing with you.

it the risk you take when you don't like to pre draft. I pre drafted this round but very rarely do so.

I like my team... I've got a few players I'm not crazy about (Ellington mainly) but if Woodhead steps up and has another year like the one before last... it might not matter.

Yea I predrafted as well. Had some of my predraft picks taken when it came my turn though

hard to tell who is the paper champ of this draft, i think i still lean SC

easier to tell who did not.

Looking at my own team.... meh. Had a 12 team redraft this past Saturday and picked out of the 2 spot. MUCH easier. I wasn't sure if the back end of the draft just seemed harder since this league has so many experts in it ( :sleep: ) or if it really was more difficult. Definitely easier grabbing an early draw this season.... mostly once you hit round 3/4/5 the talent dropoffs seem to favor an early pick.

That said, Im cool with letting Dalton ###### around for 4 weeks until Cheater McBrady is back. I was torn on CJ Anderson and Jeremy Hill which makes it more funny he lasted all the way until SC at 2.12 :doh: . Since we can only start 2 RB in this league (i think?) I'm cool with anderson handcuffed, L Murray and Vereen. not sure if we do blind bids or rolling waivers but if we do rolling waivers at least i'll get #2 priority to hold on to. Im not as big on Agholor as I was when I drafted him but I do like my overall WR depth. TE could be an issue but I had planned on waiting and making Owen Daniels my pick. Peyton loves his white guys (clark, stokely, welker, tamme), and that arm is about to fall off.

I might have drafted better if I didn't lose interest picking behind beats by ray every other round :lol:

It is continuous rolling list, although i would be amenable to changing to a blind auction next year. Not an open auction, im in a Dynasty league with a WW where the bidding is open and i dont like that it penalizes owners who do a little research.

Also, this reminds me to make sure i dont screw up the waiver order like i did last year. Someone remind me to check that after i enter the draft results