Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Philadelphia at Carolina: In-Game Discussion/Tilting

Inactives:

Eagles: RB Wendell Smallwood, CB Ronald Darby, WR Shelton Gibson, OT Lane Johnson, DT Elijah Qualls, DT Destiny Vaeao, S Jaylen Watkins

Panthers: C Ryan Kalil, QB Brad Kaaya, S Kurt Coleman, S Demetrious Cox, S Dezmen Southward, OT John Theus, DE Bryan Cox Jr.

Totally random, I was looking at amazon last week during the game and didn't know they do free stream for Thursday night game. So if you have prime, you can watch on Amazon!

Totally random, I was looking at amazon last week during the game and didn't know they do free stream for Thursday night game. So if you have prime, you can watch on Amazon!

You can also switch the announcers (Tommy Smith) to UK guys. I have the broadcast on my tv and watching UK announcers on laptop.

Grrrrr... at these gift interceptions.

I'm up against Wentz, Ertz and kicker Eliott.

So that's twice I've suffered quick hits of triple damage.

All coming gift-wrapped courtesy of the Panthers.

[Edit..scratch the second extra point - they decided to go for two.]

Screw the panthers for bailing on Funchess all sudden

• Like 2

The camera work on this Newton TD is first-class. Showed irrefutably that Newton extended the ball over the GL without yet touching out of bounds.

No clue how the refs missed this.

• Like 1

I bet Cam's ribs feel great after that run they're reviewing for the TD. The defensive back grabbed his legs, so it didn't let him land gracefully. He just dropped right on his chest a little before he thought he would so he didn't brace.

I think the rule is the pylon is out. If that's right, there has to be and angle that shows no part of the ball is over the pylon.

• Like 1

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

Sec 21, Art I & 3 are relevant here, but this is the scoring rule:

SECTION 2 - TOUCHDOWN PLAYS

ARTICLE 1. TOUCHDOWN PLAYS

A touchdown is scored when:

1. the ball is on, above, or behind the plane of the opponents’ goal line (extended) and is in possession of a runner who has advanced from the field of play into the end zone
  2. a ball in possession of an airborne runner is on, above, or behind the plane of the goal line, and some part of the ball passed over or inside the pylon
  3. a ball in player possession touches the pylon, provided that, after contact by an opponent, no part of the player’s body, except his hands or feet, struck the ground before the ball touched the pylon pylon
  4. any player who is legally inbounds catches or recovers a loose ball (3-2-4) that is on, above, or behind the opponent’s goal line
  5. the Referee awards a touchdown to a team that has been denied one by a palpably unfair ac

...to me, Newton scored the TD by these definitions.

Wonder if Deion still thinks Cam, the former #1 overall, be ballin' with his MVP trophy in his crib.

Without the threat of Cam running the ball.. he sucks.

• Like 1

http://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2017-nfl-rulebook/

Sec 21, Art I & 3 are relevant here, but this is the scoring rule:

SECTION 2 - TOUCHDOWN PLAYS

ARTICLE 1. TOUCHDOWN PLAYS

A touchdown is scored when:

1. the ball is on, above, or behind the plane of the opponents’ goal line (extended) and is in possession of a runner who has advanced from the field of play into the end zone
  2. a ball in possession of an airborne runner is on, above, or behind the plane of the goal line, and some part of the ball passed over or inside the pylon
  3. a ball in player possession touches the pylon, provided that, after contact by an opponent, no part of the player’s body, except his hands or feet, struck the ground before the ball touched the pylon pylon
  4. any player who is legally inbounds catches or recovers a loose ball (3-2-4) that is on, above, or behind the opponent’s goal line
  5. the Referee awards a touchdown to a team that has been denied one by a palpably unfair ac

...to me, Newton scored the TD by these definitions.

Quality research. Does seem like a TD by the rule

So if Im the Panthers.. I have to make up my mind... Do i want Cam to be good and my team to be good and have him play the position of a duel threat.. (injury threat be damned).... or do I find his replacement.. a pocket passer.

So if Im the Panthers.. I have to make up my mind... Do i want Cam to be good and my team to be good and have him play the position of a duel threat.. (injury threat be damned).... or do I find his replacement.. a pocket passer.

Pretty much my thought while I was watching. They can have him run and probably shorten his career or they can have him be a pocket passer and shorten his career.
  • Like 1

Without the threat of Cam running the ball.. he sucks.

He's a terdlet. They need to seriously ship this bum to a stupid team and draft a new QB. 2018 will be loaded if they all come out.

I agree completely that it looked like a TD, but without a camera angle from above the pylon down onto it (or conversely from the pylon up to the sky) there was not a completely conclusive angle to overrule the call on the field. Seems to me that putting a lens on the top of the pylon in the same way they have one on the side is a pretty simple thing to do.

i don't get why the NFL doesn't go more high-tech to solve this crap. I have a basketball at home that measures bounce per minute for dribbling drills, rotation, angle, shot time...whole bunch of sh!t. How come they can't stick tiny sensors in the ball at the middle along each seam, and one in each end of the ball. pair that with sensors along the goal line and pylons and maybe even down the sideline and you could effectively cover all the angles.