Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Ivory? Should have started Ebony

He's back in!

I haven't started him in weeks. He can't be counted on at all.

He's scored 14 and 20 points in the past two weeks and has only been under 10 one time all season. If you're benching him, you're either very deep at RB or wrong.

• Like 1

He's scored 14 and 20 points in the past two weeks and has only been under 10 one time all season. If you're benching him, you're either very deep at RB or wrong.

He's wrong

• Like 1

He's got Miami next. 2 teams that will pound the rock all day. Could be a favorable matchup for Ivory.

He's garbage. I tried to trade him away BEFORE he started averaging 1.5 ypc and couldn't get rid of him. At this point the upside of Jeremy Hill looks higher.

He's got Miami next. 2 teams that will pound the rock all day. Could be a favorable matchup for Ivory.

See his London game against Miami...29-166-1 TD. :doublethumbsup:

I dont have much choice but to start him...but hes just about td dependant to have any relevance. His line is brutal. When they do read option its awful...run out of the I with a fullback blocking...he seems to do better

I dont have much choice but to start him...but hes just about td dependant to have any relevance. His line is brutal. When they do read option its awful...run out of the I with a fullback blocking...he seems to do better

That's actually his least successful formation (although a small sample size) He's most successful out of the shotgun and as a lone back when running outside.

I blame Jets defense. They let Texans walk all over them. Jets were in comeback mode most of the game, therefore they had to throw more.

Just had to bump this thread for the guys that posted how good ivory is when I tried to tell them he is trash.

Great call murf74.

Just had to bump this thread for the guys that posted how good ivory is when I tried to tell them he is trash.

Great call murf74.

Bumping again to say he finished the day 6th in RB scoring. I really don't know what more you realistically want the guy to do.

Ivory owner he beats up bad defenses but has not looked great lately might bench him for turd hill or Langford this week

Bumping again to say he finished the day 6th in RB scoring. I really don't know what more you realistically want the guy to do.

Dude had 21 carries for 74 yards.

1st carry of the game went for 16 yards.

His TD carry was a miracle run in which he broke like 25 tackles and ran 40 yards for the score.

Other than those 2 plays........he did NOTHING.

Good luck with that.

Dude had 21 carries for 74 yards.

1st carry of the game went for 16 yards.

His TD carry was a miracle run in which he broke like 25 tackles and ran 40 yards for the score.

Good luck with that.

Does his stats not count since he broke tackles and majority of his points came on 2 carries?

I know, I own him and he can be frustrating but still produces

Good luck with that.

Duh.

This is something you'd say about players who people have desperation boners for – Cobb, LaFell, Diggs, Darkwa et al and fail to produce, NOT someone who is now the 4th highest back in PPR and has the 15th most points as a RB the last four weeks. He's laid just as many eggs as every player ahead of him – and in a couple cases less.

He is easily one of the top 5 draft day bargins and there's a reason he's found on 15–20% of the top 500 public Yahoo! teams.

The opinion that he's somehow been a bust or garbage aren't just wrong, they're dumb.

Maybe your league scores differently, but our points count regardless of how many plays – or lack thereof it took to score points. By this line of thinking for purposes other then handcuffs – there's absolutely no reason to own Karlos Williams or Jay Ajayi because other then a couple big plays they do absolutely nothing.

... in which he broke like 25 tackles....

Hmmmm....just the kind of RB I'm looking for !

I think BTL99 has made the strongest case for Ivory I've heard yet.

Ivory for fantasy MVP!

Clearly the best rb in football.

He's clearly not the best RB in football. He has however been one of the most consistent and has far exceeded the price paid on draft day – second only to Freeman. So yes, save for Freeman he can be considered a fantasy MVP relative to draft equity and scoring. There are only a handful of the 28 RB drafted before him that I'd rather have rostered going into the playoffs.

You can keep making black and white, sarcastic hot takes all you want – but statistically (which decides the outcome of the game) you're wrong, and the topic is much more grey then you are making it out to be.

Take away his 1 good run and he put up like 5 points. I guess if that is good to you then keep starting him.

Take away his 1 good run and he put up like 5 points. I guess if that is good to you then keep starting him.

The weird thing about the Internet is that there are always people who will stand by their opinion(s) regardless of how wrong they are – opting to make the same illogical argument over and over again.

Fortunately for reasonable fantasy owners like myself – we look at the stats for a full game and a players entire body of work season to date when making roster decisions. You're certainly in a great place to have two other healthy top 5 running backs to chose from in his place. But then again, I'd imagine that if you were to take away a good run or two a game from each of those players they'd probably put up like 5 points.

If that's good to you I guess you keep starting them instead.

Ivory is what he is a solid rb 2 putting up low end rb1 numbers in a bad rb year. I think those who argue ivory stinks forget that fantasy football is based on stats not subjective opinion

The weird thing about the Internet is that there are always people who will stand by their opinion(s) regardless of how wrong they are opting to make the same illogical argument over and over again.

Fortunately for reasonable fantasy owners like myself we look at the stats for a full game and a players entire body of work season to date when making roster decisions. You're certainly in a great place to have two other healthy top 5 running backs to chose from in his place. But then again, I'd imagine that if you were to take away a good run or two a game from each of those players they'd probably put up like 5 points.

If that's good to you I guess you keep starting them instead.

LOL. :)

"Good luck with all those points Ivory scores, and with winning your matchup. I hope that silly winning and scoring is paying off for you!1!!1eleven"

Me, I'd much rather have a guy who's every carry goes for ten yards, and they give him the ball forty times a game. What a loser that Ivory guy is, putting up points in such an uncool way. I want my 15 points to be cool points, not 15 lame points. Raaargh!

• Like 1