Sign in to follow this  
25th Anniversary: The Day the Series Stopped...

I remember it well.

being 17 and a senior in high school, it did not affect me that much.

There is a video out there (i will try to find it) that shows a bunch of Police and Fire/Surveillance footage of the aftermath. Some crazy stuff that I had never seen before.

I thought this was going to be about the end of MASH.

Really? That ended in 1983...

:wall:

No, posty, it was a joke.

HTH

Pretty terrible one then... Making a joke when there was a loss of life?

Pretty terrible one then... Making a joke when there was a loss of life?

Apparently the loss of life didn't make it into your title about the World Series stopping.

:rolleyes:

Apparently the loss of life didn't make it into your title about the World Series stopping.

:rolleyes:

it was all adults that died, no kids.....duh Frank :lol:

Damn this sh!t makes me feel old. I was shucking oysters at a restaurant a year removed from high school when that happend.

I was watching the game. And I would have been 13 and my parents likely wouldn't have given a rat's ass about a series between the Giants and A's (wasn't it?). But I remember the TV sort of cutting out and all the chaos that ensued.

Damn this sh!t makes me feel old. I was shucking oysters at a restaurant a year removed from high school when that happend.

Cause you are old. Old focker. I was a junior in HS.

Cause you are old. Old focker. I was a junior in HS.

I was watching the game. And I would have been 13 and my parents likely wouldn't have given a rat's ass about a series between the Giants and A's (wasn't it?). But I remember the TV sort of cutting out and all the chaos that ensued.

Yeah...there was actually a lot less traffic on the bay bridge than there otherwise would have been because the "battle of the bay" was about to start.

• Like 1

I also remember watching live the Barry Bonds bare handed snag. Damn, I must have watched a lot of baseball as a little ######

I also remember watching live the Barry Bonds bare handed snag. Damn, I must have watched a lot of baseball as a little ######

Not Barry. Kevin Mitchell.

I had just moved to Arizona out of college, and was a big A's fan (reference my story in the rimming thread). I was watching it when the earthquake hit, but the weird thing is that in my foggy brain, I was at my girlfriend's (now wife's house). Only she wasn't my girlfriend at the time, and she didn't own that house yet.

I know it wasn't my apartment, so now I need to reconstruct where I was when it happened. :wall:

really? I thought it was Barry vs Atl for some reason. That does make sense, the Cards would have been on more in my area back then.

I remember it well. I was a sophomore at college in San Diego. Life long Giants fan. My roommate was also a big Giants fans despite growing up in the East Bay (typically A's territory). He and I made it up for a couple of games of the NLCS vs the Cubs. I could not break away, but he made it back up for the THE game. I was watching in our dorm. I knew instantly that is was a big quake and called home. I was pretty worried about family and friends. Luckily, I was able to get through to... my parents reported a scare but, no one was hurt and there was no visible damage to the house. I was not able to get back in touch with them for days after that initial contact. I had quite a few friends helping police and the fire department in the Marina.

That A's team was excellent, and I am still surprised that they were only able to get 1 with that squad. Bonds did not come over until 93.

Here it is

And part two:

Is Giantsfan in either of those?