Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Trump - helping out Gulf anglers

Trump Administration Delivers for Saltwater Recreational Anglers

Washington, D.C. – June 28, 2017 – Today, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross announced the 2017 Regional Fishery Management Council (RFMC) appointments and has shown that recreational fishing and boating are important to the Trump Administration. The appointments of Steve Heins of New York to the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council; Chester Brewer of Florida to the South Atlantic Fishery Management Council; and Phil Dyskow of Florida, Dr. Bob Shipp of Alabama, and Dr. Greg Stunz of Texas to the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council are a solid affirmation that the Administration is taking federal fisheries management and conservation in the right direction.

http://www.sportfishingpolicy.com/media-room/trump-administration-delivers-for-saltwater-recreational-anglers/

Steve Scalise lengthening our snapper fishery a couple weeks ago and now Trump. We have been losing ground every year, this is the first year that we are finally getting some minor victories.

:thumbsup:

http://www.sportfishingpolicy.com/media-room/trump-administration-delivers-for-saltwater-recreational-anglers/

Steve Scalise lengthening our snapper fishery a couple weeks ago and now Trump. We have been losing ground every year, this is the first year that we are finally getting some minor victories.

Rich get richer

They sound like the Minnesota DNR. Let's cut everything way back only to open it up too much focking up hunting and fishing for a half dozen years.

Sounds like Scalise is a straight shooter. :thumbsup:

They sound like the Minnesota DNR. Let's cut everything way back only to open it up too much focking up hunting and fishing for a half dozen years.

We have had the fishing seasons of less than 10 days with a 2 fish limit for the most plentiful fish in the gulf. It would be like putting a 10 day season and 2 fish limit on perch or crappie in Minnesota, whichever of those that you have up there.

Our seasons are getting utterly ridiculous, the are starting to also move in on other fish that are extremely plentiful. It is like they are choosing the fish at random for which to put restrictions on.

Really? It's been weeks right?

Guess it has. You're right on target. Fire away

• Like 1

I fish just about every other weekend.... fresh and salt. But I don't care about regulations because I never keep any. Last thing I want to do after a long day of fishing is deal with dead stinkin fish.

Great for recreational fishing. Going to fish in the Grande Isle rodeo in a few weeks. Everybody is a buzz.

I fish just about every other weekend.... fresh and salt. But I don't care about regulations because I never keep any. Last thing I want to do after a long day of fishing is deal with dead stinkin fish.

I am pretty quick at cleaning fish anymore. I would not keep many redfish, sheepshead, or the like, too much work. Dorado, Blackfin, Wahoo, Amberjack, etc are worth it. Easy to fillet into steaks and fill the freezer with a couple fish.

Great for recreational fishing. Going to fish in the Grande Isle rodeo in a few weeks. Everybody is a buzz.

Good luck and post a fishing report.

Also going to the Faux Pas fishing rodeo in a few weeks. Can't wait. Do you go to rodnreel.com? A very cool southern fishing web site. If not, check it out.

Also going to the Faux Pas fishing rodeo in a few weeks. Can't wait. Do you go to rodnreel.com? A very cool southern fishing web site. If not, check it out.

But for some reason you really care about Tank Bosses and such. Wait...That was Strike. My bad

I do remember you inquiring about fishies in you home tank a few years ago. If I remember correctly, the Geek Club sure came to the rescue for you with that one, didn't we :thumbsup: