Sign in to follow this  
FlaHawker

It's an EXCITING Time to be a Seahawks Fan

I guess it's exciting becasue the off season is the only time they don't have a losing record? :dunno:

I know the name but haven't really followed him so I'll reserve judgement. However, from everything I've read, it seems Carroll wants a tougher team, a smash mouth running game. I'm all for that. I wouldn't be suprised if Cable helped acquire Gallery and Michael Bush from OAK.

Very exciting move right there. He did a tremendous job with the Vikes offense.

boner :banana: boner :banana: boner

I know the name but haven't really followed him so I'll reserve judgement. However, from everything I've read, it seems Carroll wants a tougher team, a smash mouth running game. I'm all for that. I wouldn't be suprised if Cable helped acquire Gallery and Michael Bush from OAK.

I think Gallery is very possible, but Bush seems a little redundant with Marshawn on board (though I definitely do like Bush). We havent seen any toughness on this team since Walter declined.

Jersy Shore Fist Pump!! :banana:

Very exciting move right there. He did a tremendous job with the Vikes offense.

boner :banana: boner :banana: boner

Until this season, the Viking's offense improved every season with him on board. I know nothing of the guy...just saying.

Until this season, the Viking's offense improved every season with him on board. I know nothing of the guy...just saying.

Wow do you think our Iggles groupie is obsessed? :lol: Looks like he got his arse handed to him a few threads ago and can't let go. :lock:

I think Gallery is very possible, but Bush seems a little redundant with Marshawn on board (though I definitely do like Bush). We havent seen any toughness on this team since Walter declined.

Jersy Shore Fist Pump!! :banana:

I think I would prefer Bush to Lynch. I mean outside of his NO game and "the run," I wasn't too impressed. Now that could be more a function of the O Line, but...

Wow do you think our Iggles groupie is obsessed? :lol: Looks like he got his arse handed to him a few threads ago and can't let go. :lock:

Like the fat kid splashing around in the pool, trying to get a grown-ups attention. :lol:

I think I would prefer Bush to Lynch. I mean outside of his NO game and "the run," I wasn't too impressed. Now that could be more a function of the O Line, but...

I'd like to see what Lynch can do with a better offensive line and more committment to the run. As far as who's the better back..it's tough to say...Lynch has never been in an ideal situation. I've always been impressed with Bush but we've already invested a pick in Lynch.

Not at all.

I just get excited when I open this thread.

:banana:

I like how F@ghawker spent an entire week posting about the Eagles after they lost, now he cries like a little fvcking b1tch and accuses other people of being "obsessed" when they throw it in his face. She's got to be the single biggest dooshtard on this entire board.

:cry:

I like how F@ghawker spent an entire week posting about the Eagles after they lost, now he cries like a little fvcking b1tch and accuses other people of being "obsessed" when they throw it in his face. She's got to be the single biggest dooshtard on this entire board.

:cry:

:lol: Says the lying, welching ###### face in a Seahawk thread. Good work retard. :music_guitarred:

:lol: Says the lying, welching ###### face in a Seahawk thread. Good work retard. :music_guitarred:

So basically you have no comeback for the fact that you started multiple threads ripping the Eagles but sob like a little b1tch and accuse other people of "stalking" you when they do the same thing, because you're a hypocritical thin skinned little phaggot.

Gotcha. :banana:

So basically you have no comeback for the fact that you started multiple threads ripping the Eagles but sob like a little b1tch and accuse other people of "stalking" you when they do the same thing, because you're a hypocritical thin skinned little phaggot.

Remember how you sobbed and complained about my posts and that you couldn't take the daily verbal thrashings I would dish out and you put me on ignore so I couldn't hurt your itty bitty feelings anymore?

No guts. No brains. No balls.

You would lose a verbal tussle with Terry Schiavo.

Without starting the usual pissing contest with Hawker...how in the hell does Darrell Bevell get another job so quickly in this league?

They guy went from barely doing anything for the Packers as a QB coach, to an OC spot where, at least at first, he did not call the plays (Childress did), and now another OC job after that Minny gig blew up.

They had a nice offensive year in 2009 (though, it seems more due to Favre playing out of his mind than anything else).

Just not seeing it with him (and he is a Wisconsin guy so I wish him well...just haven't seen much out of him even when he was in GB).

Without starting the usual pissing contest with Hawker...how in the hell does Darrell Bevell get another job so quickly in this league?

They guy went from barely doing anything for the Packers as a QB coach, to an OC spot where, at least at first, he did not call the plays (Childress did), and now another OC job after that Minny gig blew up.

They had a nice offensive year in 2009 (though, it seems more due to Favre playing out of his mind than anything else).

Just not seeing it with him (and he is a Wisconsin guy so I wish him well...just haven't seen much out of him even when he was in GB).

Until Tuesday I had never heard of the guy. Here's a quick rundown of his credentials from John Morgan at Fieldgulls.com

As much as I love writing polemics about Matt Hasselbeck, and I don't, I don't have time nor the inclination for that today. Let's see what we can dig up about new Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

* Bevell worked as the Packers quarterbacks coach from 2003-2005. He "coached" Brett Favre to his worst season as a professional in 2005. I doubt many would blame Bevel for Favre finishing with a career worst 29 interceptions, 4.8 interception percentage and 4.4 ANY/A. But if we can't blame him, we can not really credit him for Favre's accomplishments either. That is, a decade into his professional career, I assume quarterback coaches that worked with Favre were probably more like a confidant and less like a mentor.

* Bevell played quarterback with Wisconsin in the early nineties. His offensive coordinator at the time was Brad Childress. Head coach: Barry Alvarez. Bevell was among Childress's first hires when Childress took over as head coach of the Vikings in 2006.

* Before joining Childress, Bevell tutored rookie Aaron Rodgers. You can read about that here. It's never clear how much the quarterbacks coach develops a talent and how much a talent is simply destined to develop, but if Seattle is looking for a young quarterback to groom over multiple seasons while it rides the moldering corpse of nostalgia, Bevell has experience.

* If we're going to credit Bevell for developing Rodgers, we should probably know exactly how Rodgers performed in the short time the two were together. Here is a look at Rodger's preseason performance as a rookie:

* First start (against the Chargers): 2 of 6, 7 yards, two sacks.

* Second start (against the Bills): 4 of 9, 21 yards, interception.

* Third start (against the Patriots): 5 of 9, 52 yards, interception.

* Fourth start (against the Titans): 9 of 13, 92 yards, touchdown.

* So that started kind of crappy but developed nicely. Gold star, Darrell Bevell. And everyone knows how Rodgers has since developed. Good to see he showed some progress under the Seahawks new offensive coordinator.

* Bevell took over play calling duties from Childress in 2007. In Childress's first season, the Vikings were pretty woefully bad on offense, finishing second to last in overall offensive DVOA and second to last in passing DVOA. By traditional stats, Minnesota finished 26th in points scored and 23rd in offensive yards. Minnesota shot up to 16th in DVOA in 2007, with rushing DVOA propping up the overall ranking. The team finished third in rushing DVOA and 23rd in passing DVOA; and 15th in scoring offense and 13th in yards.

* That also happened to be Adrian Peterson's rookie season. Peterson averaged 5.6 yards per carry. Chester Taylor, then 28, averaged 5.4. A nice kind of luxury to have.

* Under Chilly in 2006, Minnesota rushed on only 43% of all attempts. Under Bevell, Minnesota rushed on 51% of all attempts in 2007, 51% in 2008, 44% in 2009 (with Favre and the play action game working to perfection), and then 45% in 2010. I would guess, independent of Favre, Bevell likes to establish the run and build the passing game off of play action. Once defenses sell out to stop the run, Bevell cranks up the passing game. But whatever the ratio, the offense is always built through the run.

* Which makes the marriage of Bevell and offensive line coach Tom Cable make a lot of sense. Both want to run the ball, running the ball will be the foundation of the offense, and the pass will work from that. Maybe we should call Bevell a passing game coordinator. Whatever you want to call it, expect Seattle to invest resources into improving the run game and judge its offensive success in 2011 by the performance of that run game.

* The Vikings offensive DVOA sagged to 25th in 2008, 9th in 2009 and then 27th in 2010.

I guess he's there to coordinate the passing attack but not clash with Cable and his resurrection of smash-mouth football in Seattle. :dunno:

Bevell has the Green Bay connection with GM Schneider.

Pete Carroll has stated that the biggest off season goals are to resign Hasselbeck and improve the offensive and defensive lines. Which are mighty fine goals if you ask me. So, when you realize that an older QB like Hasselbeck can't carry the offense on his back, and Bates sure did like chucking the ball, you need to diversify your offense. Carroll ran a smash mouth system at USC near the end of his tenure, including running the ball 60% of the time in his final year there. So, it stands to reason that you bring in two guys from two of the best smash mouth teams out there, Minnesota and Oakland. Cable and Bevell. Seattle is going to run the ball next year, a lot. Lynch and Forsett and Leon Washington and probably another RB they bring in through the draft or free agency.

Link to me claiming anyone is stalking me? :lol: You continue to prove that you are the boreds biggest mongoloid dooshbag. :lock:

OBTW retard, obsessed with the seahawks is not the same as stalking me personally. But go ahead and try to make that connection asspipe :music_guitarred:

Oh and the Iggles suck :banana:

So when things went wrong in Minny it was Bevell's fault but when it blew up it was because of Favre? Gotcha ;) Gee I'm stunned Carroll didn't consult you before the hire :doh: Like I said, I'll reserve judgment until he calls plays for the Hawks.

Oh and the Iggles suck :banana:

Remember two weeks ago, when you were talking all kinds of sh1t after the Eagles lost their playoff game and making post after post about the Eagles? And then the next week, when the Suckhawks went out and showed that they're a fvcking joke and shouldn't have ever sniffed the playoffs, how you cried and claimed that Eagles fans were "obsessed" with you when they laughed their @sses off? And how instead of just being a man and owned up to the fact that your team lost, you acted like a snivelling little butt-hurt b1tch and made all kinds of whiny excuses and we all just laughed at you more?

That was awesome. :lol:

8-10 on the year - it's an EXCITING time, baby! :pointstosky:

Remember two weeks ago, when you were talking all kinds of sh1t after the Eagles

This isnt an Iggles thread. So STFU asscrack :music_guitarred:

Lets cut the bullsh!t and keep this to serious discussion about the Seahawks.

Outsiders, bash the team/fans all you want, but bump one of the other threads to do it please.

TIA :cheers:

This isnt an Iggles thread. So STFU asscrack :music_guitarred:

How about this: I say whatever the F I want, you sit there getting angry and we all laugh at you and your team? How do you like that, jerkmeat? I might re-watch da Bears ass-pounding of the Suckhags tonight. Best comedy of the year!

Lets cut the bullsh!t and keep this to serious discussion about the Seahawks.

Outsiders, bash the team/fans all you want, but bump one of the other threads to do it please.

TIA :cheers:

I actually feel kind of bad for you Joey. You don't seem to be a total ass hole. It must be really embarrassing being associated with F@ghawker after he made such a flaming retarded assjavelin of himself over the past few weeks.

:cheers:

For what it's worth, Kiper thinks we could be in the market for Mallett

Mel Kiper: Seahawks prefer Mallett over Locker?

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper published his first mock draft today with the Seahawks taking Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett with the 25th overall pick.

The interesting angle is – Jake Locker (QB, Washington) is still on the board.

It gets even more interesting when Kiper states:

“It’ll be asked, but my sources tell me the Seahawks prefer him to Washington’s Jake Locker — at least right now.”

You’ll have to be an ESPN insider to read the entire mock, but you can see more of what Kiper had to say by visiting Mike Sando’s NFC West Blog.

As we’ve discussed on this blog many times – Mallett wasn’t the ideal fit for the Jeremy Bates offense. Despite having the arm strength to thrive in the vertical passing game, Mallett does not do a good enough job on bootlegs and throwing on the run. His inability to set his feet and control his passes led to key interceptions against Alabama and Ohio State (Sugar Bowl) and turned what could’ve been a key-note season for Mallett and Arkansas into a year of what could’ve been.

Having said that – no quarterback in the 2011 class is capable of reading an offense like Mallett. His precise ability to go through reads and go to a third or fourth option stands out over Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker. You could argue he was even ahead of Andrew Luck in that sense.

The arm is a huge bonus and Mallett’s size and release – while sometimes having a slight wind-up motion – are big positives.

Of course at this stage information from teams can be deceptive. Pete Carroll has spoken glowingly of Locker in the past and he was the ideal fit for the Bates system. Now Bates has gone – do things change? Does Mallett become a more realistic proposition?

In Carroll’s end of season press conference today he cited the offensive scheme wouldn’t change going forward and again re-iterated the team’s desire to stick with the zone blocking scheme and have a mobile quarterback to enhance the run and utilise play action.

Would the Seahawks like either prospect enough to spend the #25 pick? The risk and cost is minimal at that stage to try and find a franchise prospect. If either busted it wouldn’t cripple the team.

Tim Tebow was drafted 25th overall by the Broncos last April and signed a deal worth $11.25m with $8.7m guaranteed. In comparison – Seattle signed Lawrence Jackson (drafted 28th overall) to a $11.25m deal with $6.1m in guarantees in 2008. The team was able to succesfully trade him two years later.

Taking a gamble on a quarterback at #25 won’t hurt the team as much as taking one in the top ten should the pick not work out. This could potentially lend favor to a guy like Mallett who has raised some character and work ethic concerns, but who also has a large amount of physical talent.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/?p=1173

The guy kind of reminds me of a slow-footed Cutler. Thoughts? I've only watched a couple games over his career.

I actually feel kind of bad for you Joey. You don't seem to be a total ass hole. It must be really embarrassing being associated with F@ghawker after he made such a flaming retarded assjavelin of himself over the past few weeks.

You're a piece of sh!t.

For what it's worth, Kiper thinks we could be in the market for Mallett

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/?p=1173

The guy kind of reminds me of a slow-footed Cutler. Thoughts? I've only watched a couple games over his career.

I don't watch a ton of college football and I don't claim to be a scout. The guy looks like he has tools but if you listen to him talk, he sounds MDC dumb. That scares me.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by phillybear . View it anyway?

I must've really gotten bus boy's goat! :lol:

How about this: I say whatever the F I want, you sit there getting angry and we all laugh at you and your team? How do you like that, jerkmeat? I might re-watch da Bears ass-pounding of the Suckhags tonight. Best comedy of the year!

The Eagles forgot their rape whistle against Green Bay so they sat back and tried to enjoy it.

Way to go, in not winning a playoff game, guys. Who's a failure? That's right.

E-A-G-L-E-S, FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE. :overhead:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by phillybear . View it anyway?

I should keep a running tally of the number of times phillybus tries to get my attention even though I have him on ignore.

:lol:

The Eagles forgot their rape whistle against Green Bay so they sat back and tried to enjoy it.

Way to go, in not winning a playoff game, guys. Who's a failure? That's right.

E-A-G-L-E-S, FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE. :overhead:

Stop bringing up the Eagles, this is a Seahawks Thread.

And it's uber-Exciting!!!!

Stop bringing up the Eagles, this is a Seahawks Thread.

And it's uber-Exciting!!!!

When they hit .500 this place is gonna explode! :overhead:

So when things went wrong in Minny it was Bevell's fault but when it blew up it was because of Favre? Gotcha ;) Gee I'm stunned Carroll didn't consult you before the hire :doh: Like I said, I'll reserve judgment until he calls plays for the Hawks.

I didn't say they were his fault.

I think most of it falls on Childress.

Im saying, I simply don't know how much credit to give him when Favre played completely out of his mind last year and Im not sure how much Bevell really had to do with it.

He was woefully inexperienced when he got the job in Minnesota...just seemed surprising to me that he got a job that quickly.

But its not shocking at all that you decided to be your usual cackface self here and try to turn it into a way to bash me.

No wonder there are very few here that can stand you.

I don't watch a ton of college football and I don't claim to be a scout. The guy looks like he has tools but if you listen to him talk, he sounds MDC dumb. That scares me.

He seemed terrible against OSU's rush. There are also some character questions with him (including possible drug abuse).

I didn't say they were his fault.

I think most of it falls on Childress.

Im saying, I simply don't know how much credit to give him when Favre played completely out of his mind last year and Im not sure how much Bevell really had to do with it.

He was woefully inexperienced when he got the job in Minnesota...just seemed surprising to me that he got a job that quickly.

But its not shocking at all that you decided to be your usual cackface self here and try to turn it into a way to bash me.

No wonder there are very few here that can stand you.

A few points of clarification for you:

1-You came into the thread intending to get into a pissing contest, hence your opening statement.

2- You implied that by getting the Hawks' job so quickly that some how Bevell wasn't qualified. Now, that may or may not be true; however, you offered no supporting evidence to back up your implication.

3- You again show that you have the mental makeup of a pvssy and the sense of humor of rock. I did not bash you one bit. I simply wondered why a person with so much knowledge of the new O-coordinator wouldn't be consulted (it was minor sarcasm and as usual, you missed it). If you want to take that as bashing, I can't help you.

4- I don't care who likes or dislikes me. Irrelevant.

5- You shouldn't throw stones because you are not exactly Mr. Popular either here or at Football Gays. Just sayin... :rolleyes:

6- The Packers are playing this week. Please try to stick to those threads. TIA

By Mike SandoThe premise: We spend much of the offseason focusing on teams' problems. Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. and I discussed some of those Friday during a wide-ranging conversation on the NFC West, but there were also some positives. I'm breaking out one for each team, concluding with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seattle Seahawks

Matt Williamson: Tom Cable is a really good hire to coach that offensive line. The Seahawks' line is a major problem. Cable can fix that. He is an O-line guy by trade. I thought the biggest weakness on the Raiders was the line, and he turned it into a good group despite not having a lot of talent. Seattle will get a running game going. They still need bodies, of course.

Mike Sando: Cable's hiring makes signing Robert Gallery in free agency seem like a natural fit. Seattle has never really replaced Steve Hutchinson, but with Russell Okung at left tackle, Gallery could stabilize that left side.

Matt Williamson: By no means would they be 'Hutch' and Walter Jones, but Seattle fans were used to having that left side you could run behind on short yardage and not worry about the quarterback getting hit so much. I think Okung is going to be a great one. Gallery is a well-above-average left guard who doesn’t play enough because of the injures. He is hard to count on for 16 games.

Mike Sando: Please elaborate on Okung. You said you thought he could be great.

Matt Williamson: I love him physically. He is always in balance, he has a good punch and is a good run blocker. I think he would have been up for rookie of the year consideration with Ndamukong Suh and Sam Bradford if he played a full season. All three can be elite players from this draft. Okung stands out immediately. They rarely gave him help and he wasn't even healthy. I'd like to see him healthy for a stretch. I don't think we have seen close to how good he really is.

last few weeks?

link to it ONLY being the last few weeks?!?! :P