Sign in to follow this  
Artista

Serena Williams

Thrilled for Serena Williams! She was very nervous in this final match and it wasn't an easy one. 21 grand slam titles now, and has won all 4 grand slams. Wow. And such a classy lady!

She's within 1 from Steffi Graff for most major titles. Big pressure on her for the US open not just for passing Steffi, but for the wins for the calendar grand slams! GooooooooooooO Serena!! :overhead:

Watched the first set, then shut it off after the announcers started openly rooting for her. :thumbsdown:

Also, they need to check her skirt for a cack.

Hate the Williams sisters. Can't wait til they retire. I do respect Serena's accomplishments though. Congrats to her. :thumbsup:

is part of the three headed horsey face monster trio that is serena williams,sarah jessica parker and jennifer garner.

Wow...wonder how much hate Serena would get if she were blue-eyed blonde. :shocking:

Congrats to Serena, clearly on the short list of any discussion of greatest tennis players/athletes of all time. :thumbsup:

Wow...wonder how much hate Serena would get if she were blue-eyed blonde. :shocking:

fail.

i never saw a player more ridiculed and vilified at an event than Monica Seles (before the stabbing, natch) she was mercilessly abused out there, she was definitely a hated player.

so gtfo with the sh!t that it's because she's black ... fock that

serena is a bigoted, hateful beeeyotch. simple enough.

Serena is hateful and bigoted? I admit I don't follow tennis closely, so maybe I've missed a ton of stories about her. But when I hear her talk, I like her. What have I missed?

I did do some reading awhile back and came away with the opinion that she is the greatest female player ever.

Most of the other greats have dominated for very short bursts.

• Navratilova won 14 of her 18 in a 4 season stretch.
  • Graf won 7 in a 2 year stretch....then Seles stopped her cold before being stabbed....Then Graf won 10 in a 4 year stretch
  • Chris Evert was an exception. She won her 18 over a 13 year stretch, and amazingly won at leats 1 major every year in that stretch. That's awesome.She never had 3 in a year though, which has been done often. Just looking at the last 30 years, it's been done by Serena 2x, Hingis, Graf 5x, Seles 2x, Navratilova 2x.

But Serena has combined short bursts with a long period of dominance.

• Her first major victory was in 1999. So she has been winning them for 16 years so far.
  • She has won at least 1 major in 11 of the past 14 seasons, and I think she battled injury in the others.
  • And she has had a couple bursts of dominance. Won 5 of 8 back 13 years ago. Won 5 of 8 about 6 years ago. And has now won 8 of the last 13 (including the last 4).

I used to think Graf was the best, but the argument against her is simple. She wins 9 of 12 Majors. Then Seles shows up and is clearly better, as over the next 3 years it is Seles with 8 and Graf with only 3. Then the stabbing and Graf wins 10 more over the next 3 seasons. Graf probably won 8 extra Majors due to the stabbing. You aren't the best ever if someone owned you when you were at your peak.

Whereas Serena just dominates anyone that dares call themselves a rival. Her record against woman that have been ranked #1 in the world is 144-56. Haters will claim she hasn't played against great players, but that's a chicken and egg argument. If Serena isn't around, Henin (7 wins), Sharapova (5 wins), and even Venus (7 wins) are easily in the top 10 of all time (8 wins gets you in the top 10).

- Martina was the most complete female player of all time ... fantasy matchup, both her and Serena in their prime ... Martina takes it 6/2, 6/3.

no denying Serena's dominance in this era, she's earned that respect as a player.

but she leaves an awful lot to be desired as a person ... to hear her described, as the op did, as "classy" - is a fockin' flat out joke.

HTH

I did do some reading awhile back and came away with the opinion that she is the greatest female player ever.

Most of the other greats have dominated for very short bursts.

• Navratilova won 14 of her 18 in a 4 season stretch.
  • Graf won 7 in a 2 year stretch....then Seles stopped her cold before being stabbed....Then Graf won 10 in a 4 year stretch
  • Chris Evert was an exception. She won her 18 over a 13 year stretch, and amazingly won at leats 1 major every year in that stretch. That's awesome.She never had 3 in a year though, which has been done often. Just looking at the last 30 years, it's been done by Serena 2x, Hingis, Graf 5x, Seles 2x, Navratilova 2x.

But Serena has combined short bursts with a long period of dominance.

• Her first major victory was in 1999. So she has been winning them for 16 years so far.
  • She has won at least 1 major in 11 of the past 14 seasons, and I think she battled injury in the others.
  • And she has had a couple bursts of dominance. Won 5 of 8 back 13 years ago. Won 5 of 8 about 6 years ago. And has now won 8 of the last 13 (including the last 4).

I used to think Graf was the best, but the argument against her is simple. She wins 9 of 12 Majors. Then Seles shows up and is clearly better, as over the next 3 years it is Seles with 8 and Graf with only 3. Then the stabbing and Graf wins 10 more over the next 3 seasons. Graf probably won 8 extra Majors due to the stabbing. You aren't the best ever if someone owned you when you were at your peak.

Whereas Serena just dominates anyone that dares call themselves a rival. Her record against woman that have been ranked #1 in the world is 144-56. Haters will claim she hasn't played against great players, but that's a chicken and egg argument. If Serena isn't around, Henin (7 wins), Sharapova (5 wins), and even Venus (7 wins) are easily in the top 10 of all time (8 wins gets you in the top 10).

The argument that Monica was clearly better---doesn't hold a lot of water when you look closer.

Lifetime: Graf 10 v Seles 5

Before the stabbing: Graf 6 v Seles 4

After the stabbing: Graf 4 v Seles 1

During Seles years where she was year end #1 (91 & 92): Graf 3 v Seles 1

During Seles entire reign as World #1: (91,92, part 93): Graf 3 v Seles 2

Matches in Majors prior to the stabbing: Graf 3 v Seles 3

For a further breakdown - Monica Seles Stabbing: Steffi Graf’s Legacy

- Martina was the most complete female player of all time ... fantasy matchup, both her and Serena in their prime ... Martina takes it 6/2, 6/3.

no denying Serena's dominance in this era, she's earned that respect as a player.

but she leaves an awful lot to be desired as a person ... to hear her described, as the op did, as "classy" - is a fockin' flat out joke.

HTH

I still want the info. What has she done that was so horrible as a person?

She was the centerfold in a recent issue of National Geographic.

:wub:

She was the centerfold in a recent issue of National Geographic.

:wub:

:cry:

:lol:

I still want the info. What has she done that was so horrible as a person?

she's a bullying skank.

i am spitting your bait.

gfy.

HTH

Holy Crap. How come every focking thread has to come down to racism?

:wall:

I didn't write the article, but it has some merit. To answer your question, when someone espouses an otherwise unsupported negative opinion about a minority, and a quick google search yields nothing to justify the hatred, it is reasonable to consider the possibility of racism.

- this racist, bullying pos tranny can go fock herself - ###### -

fock off.

Reading not your strong point?

I didn't write the article, but it has some merit. To answer your question, when someone espouses an otherwise unsupported negative opinion about a minority, and a quick google search yields nothing to justify the hatred, it is reasonable to consider the possibility of racism.

No it's not. If I don't like a minority I should be suspected of being racist by default? Ok then.

No it's not. If I don't like a minority I should be suspected of being racist by default? Ok then.

Read the sentence carefully....I looked for reasons why people dislike Serena, using Google. Aside from one distasteful comment about a rape victim, she hasn't said too many controversial things, cheated or misbehaved in her personal life. As far as I can tell, most of the hatred is centered about how she looks - manly, animalistic, etc. And black.

"By default" means making a decision arbitrarily, without consideration of alternatives. For example, by default I feel your posts are moronic. Please prove me incorrect and elaborate why you think Serena is hated. Better yet, prove her race has no role in it.

Read the sentence carefully....I looked for reasons why people dislike Serena, using Google. Aside from one distasteful comment about a rape victim, she hasn't said too many controversial things, cheated or misbehaved in her personal life. As far as I can tell, most of the hatred is centered about how she looks - manly, animalistic, etc. And black.

"By default" means making a decision arbitrarily, without consideration of alternatives. For example, by default I feel your posts are moronic. Please prove me incorrect and elaborate why you think Serena is hated. Better yet, prove her race has no role in

"By default" means making a decision arbitrarily, without consideration of alternatives. For example, by default I feel your posts are moronic. Please prove me incorrect and elaborate why you think Serena is hated. Better yet, prove her race has no role in it.

People ways said that soviet female athletes must have a peemus... And they were white.

Personally I don't have strong feelings about serenA, as I could give a Fock About tennis.

People ways said that soviet female athletes must have a peemus... And they were white.

Personally I don't have strong feelings about serenA, as I could give a Fock About tennis.

Ok, so you think people dislike Serena because she is manly?

Ok, so you think people dislike Serena because she is manly?

That most of the comments I see... Clydesdale, she has a peemus, etc.

I have no idea about her class or lack thereof, as I find tennis boring as Fock and don't watch.

Is there a racial element? Undoubtedly for some I'm sure.

That most of the comments I see... Clydesdale, she has a peemus, etc.

I have no idea about her class or lack thereof, as I find tennis boring as Fock and don't watch.

Is there a racial element? Undoubtedly for some I'm sure.

I think the most often used comparison is "gorilla" - do you think that has something to do with her race?

But that doesn't explain Newposterguy's vitriol - read his posts and there is no way you'd conclude his opinion is based only on looks.

I think she is a dead ringer for a horse. rumor has it she has challanged american pharoah to a foot race.